HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Bos (part Deux)

Old
05-18-2010, 03:54 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

vCash: 500
Tor - Bos (part Deux)

chiarelli calls toronto knowing that burke is listening on offers for kaberle.....

chiarelli - "you know brian i really wanted kaberle and still need him, i hear he is available for the right package"

burke - "yeah well if you have not heard by now pete it's a player, prospect and a pick"

chiarelli - "well i have this guy named wheeler...."

burke - "pete, this guy is a risk. i like his size but none the less he skates and hits like a ballerina, 38 ****ing points this year pete! ....what else you got for me?"

chiarelli - "you said player, prospect and a pick right brian?"

burke - "you heard me the first time pete, yes that's the price. you still ****ing dizzy from your historical choke pete?"

chiarelli - "well yeah these guys ****ed it up pretty good wouldn't you say?"

burke - "well yeah you made history pete"

chiarelli - "alright brian everyone knows i robbed you out of an extra 1st pick from the kessel deal"

burke - "errrrr"

chiarelli - "and i have this prospect named hamil...."

burke - "kid looks pretty good pete but he is kind of small"

chiarelli - "i don't need him brian, i have this guy named seguin thanks to you guys tanking like the titanic remember? if edmonton is actually dumb enough not to take hall over him i can afford it."

burke - "errrrrrr, well yeah edmonton has been pretty dumb but they cannot be that ****ing dumb right?"

chiarelli - "tell you what brian i'll throw our 1st pick 2010 too if i take this fluff ball kaberle guy..."

burke - "errrr,.....done pete."

TO BOSTON

kaberle

TO TORONTO

wheeler
hamil
boston 1st 2010 (15th overall)

edit.

Last edited by thebluemachine*: 05-18-2010 at 05:30 PM.
thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Counter offer:

Colborne, Ryder, Boston's 1st 2010 (switch to Tor 1st 2011 if Kaberle can be extended at 5m per) for Kaberle and a mid level prospect winger.

Toronto then tanks 2011.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Sure as long as that pick is not conditional and I'll take Boston 15th overall pick if they agree to not trade on a conditional pick.

Hamil could become expandable if they draft Seguin because they would have so many centres with Savard, Krejchi, Bergeron (although he can play wing) and if they draft Seguin, then there is another center. It would also require them to move Colborne to the wing full time and he can take Wheeler spot and Ryder (because he'll be gone as well).

I'm not really a fan of Wheeler and Hamil is ok but that's probably the best Leafs could get.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:14 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineteenSeventyNine View Post
Counter offer:

Colborne, Ryder, Boston's 1st 2010 (switch to Tor 1st 2011 if Kaberle can be extended at 5m per) for Kaberle and a mid level prospect winger.

Toronto then tanks 2011.
lol

i was bored as hell and have absolutely no interest in ryder. the rest is self explanitory.....

personally i rather not deal with boston.

Old
05-18-2010, 04:17 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Hamil could become expandable if they draft Seguin because they would have so many centres with Savard, Krejchi, Bergeron (although he can play wing) and if they draft Seguin, then there is another center. It would also require them to move Colborne to the wing full time and he can take Wheeler spot and Ryder (because he'll be gone as well).
that's exactly why i put hamil in there, not crazy about him but with seguin pretty much a lock you would think the log jam makes him expendable.

boston's 1st 2010, works for me as well.

Old
05-18-2010, 04:18 PM
seanlinden

A conditional pick cannot be until 2012 because Kaberle could theoreticallly resign after the 2011 draft while still property of the Boston Bruins.

That being said, the Leafs place little value on Hamill because they have Grabo, Bozak and Kadri; and they need the pick to be non-conditional. Wheeler + Boston's First (no conditions) makes a lot more sense. Plus, if B's fans would get their heads out of their #sses and stop throwing Wheeler under the bus, they'd realize that they'd be much better served trading one of their 3 centres, and keeping Hamill to battle with Seguin for a job in training camp next year.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

i seriously doubt boston has interst in Kaberle. i'd think they would want forward help. they could get a damn good forward for that package.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
A conditional pick cannot be until 2012 because Kaberle could theoreticallly resign after the 2011 draft while still property of the Boston Bruins.

That being said, the Leafs place little value on Hamill because they have Grabo, Bozak and Kadri; and they need the pick to be non-conditional. Wheeler + Boston's First (no conditions) makes a lot more sense. Plus, if B's fans would get their heads out of their #sses and stop throwing Wheeler under the bus, they'd realize that they'd be much better served trading one of their 3 centres, and keeping Hamill to battle with Seguin for a job in training camp next year.
Grabo is likely gone this season or following trade deadline when Kadri could be more ready. I wouldn't mind Hamil as the #3 center, you would have 3 young center and if 1 or 2 have a bad game, the other guy can step it up.

Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel
Stalberg - Kadri - Wheeler
Caputi - Hamil - ???

Those are some pretty soft forwards with the exception of Kulemin and Caputi but Caputi isn't really that physical either.

If we could add Clarkson to that mix, I'd be fairly happy with that. Perhaps Grabo + Aulie for Clarkson?

Old
05-18-2010, 04:24 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post

my bad, boston's 1st 2010 works for me then.

also i do not think grabs will be in toronto next season, hence the hamil inclusion. let him battle with kadri and bozak in toronto, bruins have enough centers.

Old
05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
no boston seems to be perfect at the back end

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:31 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
my bad, boston's 1st 2010 works for me then.

also i do not think grabs will be in toronto next season, hence the hamil inclusion. let him battle with kadri and bozak in toronto, bruins have enough centers.
The only way Grabs goes is if a better centre is coming back. You can't leave both top 6 positions open for prospects.

Meanwhile, my opinion is that Boston should trade one of their centres, in which case having Hamill is important as he /sobotka will need to be there if Seguin returns to Jr.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Even if Seguin returns to Juniors, they would have 3 centers and I doubt they would move 1 to open a spot for Hamil instead of Seguin.

Old
05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Duffman955

Would bruins move lucic. Im only saying this because hes had a horrible year and is going to be payed 4+ mil next year. If they are

to bruins:
kaberle
caputi
stalberg

to leafs:
lucic
wheeler

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Finnish your Czech
BestPosterAvailable

vCash: 50
What is the Toronto 1st conditional for?

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 05:33 PM
hdtrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineteenSeventyNine View Post
Counter offer:

Toronto then tanks 2011.
If I was raiding Boston's cupboard of prospects, I'd want Colborne too. Don't know if they'd be willing to give him up tho.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 05:41 PM
hdtrax

Quote:

TO BOSTON

kaberle

TO TORONTO

wheeler
hamil
boston 1st 2010 (15th overall)
A revised version! I do like it, but the only issue is too much salary tied up for Boston with too many players to resign. That's why adding a salary dump from Boston (plus a mid-level prospect or pick from Toronto) on top of this would make sense, so Boston has room to actually add some scoring up front in the off-season. Nonetheless a pretty good deal, a great one for the Leafs, but again, Chiarelli might not make such a move and might look for other ways to improve the league's biggest choke-fest

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 06:07 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
A revised version! I do like it, but the only issue is too much salary tied up for Boston with too many players to resign. That's why adding a salary dump from Boston (plus a mid-level prospect or pick from Toronto) on top of this would make sense, so Boston has room to actually add some scoring up front in the off-season. Nonetheless a pretty good deal, a great one for the Leafs, but again, Chiarelli might not make such a move and might look for other ways to improve the league's biggest choke-fest
boston could always dump ryder to another team for a 2nd pick at the dead line or when ever. i am sure there are many other teams that could use him, i just do not see him in the plans for toronto with us being so young and having guys that can do what he does in the near future and possibly even better.

i just do not want any part of him, hence this thread.

part deux.

Old
05-18-2010, 06:14 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
i seriously doubt boston has interst in Kaberle. i'd think they would want forward help. they could get a damn good forward for that package.
Bruins have needed a good PMD for a while now, Kaberle would be a great pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Would bruins move lucic. Im only saying this because hes had a horrible year and is going to be payed 4+ mil next year. If they are

to bruins:
kaberle
caputi
stalberg

to leafs:
lucic
wheeler
His regular season was plagued by injuries (including a high ankle sprain) and then he turned it on and got 5 goals in the playoffs. But, I would think hard about that offer.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post

to bruins:
kaberle
caputi
stalberg

to leafs:
lucic
wheeler
I would SO do that. Lucic's contract isn't the best, but at least Komi can then play without fear anymore

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:30 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I like it. Would like to see what Boston fans think of it.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:47 PM
bme44

IF kaberle was worth half of what the leafs fans think he is worth ,The leafs would be still playing instead they finished 29th. I know leaf fans you are desperate for a quality team but Kaberle has one year left and he is a UFA his value is not that high.

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Definite no on Lucic.

Definite no on trading three first rounders (two of which are former top 10's Boston has spent time developing) for Kaberle. I like that 15th overall pick, then again I like Pysyk and McIlrath.

I really think the Kaberle to Boston ship has sailed. After the Kessel fiasco last year, I'd be very surprised if Chia will deal with Burke, especially at the draft when the guy will likely be mic'd up and playing to a crowd.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:10 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
chiarelli - "well i have this guy named wheeler...."

burke - "pete, this guy is a risk. i like his size but none the less he skates and hits like a ballerina, 38 ****ing points this year pete! ....what else you got for me?"
Somebody tell Burke that with 38 ****ing points Wheeler would have finished 3rd in Toronto team scoring last season.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Definite no on Lucic.

Definite no on trading three first rounders (two of which are former top 10's Boston has spent time developing) for Kaberle. I like that 15th overall pick, then again I like Pysyk and McIlrath.

I really think the Kaberle to Boston ship has sailed. After the Kessel fiasco last year, I'd be very surprised if Chia will deal with Burke, especially at the draft when the guy will likely be mic'd up and playing to a crowd.
Id be even more surprised if the Leafs even want to trade with Boston again. I hope we never see trades between these 2 teams again for a while.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:32 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Laputi View Post
Id be even more surprised if the Leafs even want to trade with Boston again. I hope we never see trades between these 2 teams again for a while.
Come on now - you guys clearly won the Tom Fergus for Bill Derlago deal.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote