HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nice Bolland Article

Old
05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Amberelise

vCash: 500
Nice Bolland Article

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=529591

"It'll be even harder for McLellan to find a way to free Thornton, Marleau and Heatley from the grasp of Bolland and the Hawks' checking wingers in Games 3 and 4 at United Center -- the Hawks get the last change and can match their checking unit against the Sharks' big line."

^ I like this point. With the line matchups going Q's way, it's really going to help the Hawks in the next two games. Especially since it feels like they've already gotten into the Sharks' heads pretty well.

Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
johnny canuckistan

I never knew Bolland was a checking centre, before. Thought he was your #2 after Toews. Interesting.

johnny canuckistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 02:40 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny canuckistan View Post
I never knew Bolland was a checking centre, before. Thought he was your #2 after Toews. Interesting.
There are very few forwards on our team who are straight up role players. Anyone outside of Jonathan Toews is pretty much juggled around to fit what team we're playing against. That's one of my favorite things about Q. If something isn't working against a particular team, he's fantastic at adjusting and cranking out a new line to kind of fill in the cracks.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Amberelise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManToewsPig View Post
There are very few forwards on our team who are straight up role players. Anyone outside of Jonathan Toews is pretty much juggled around to fit what team we're playing against. That's one of my favorite things about Q. If something isn't working against a particular team, he's fantastic at adjusting and cranking out a new line to kind of fill in the cracks.

I have not really been a Q fan for quite a long time. I was probably the only dissenting opinion in the city when he came here. I find his PP units un-inventive and something must be said for the teams he has inherited in St. Louis and Colorado. However, I really feel like he has grown as a coach over the years. His line matching lately has been top notch.

If anyone could use this cup to shut up the naysayers, it's not Hossa and his curse. It's Q.

Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quenneville is a good coach IF:

1. he doesn't have a skillless mindless plugger on defense to fall in love with (ie, Walker). Luckily for us Sopel has elevated his game. And,

2. He isn't coaching against Detroit.

That said I think a bit too much credit might be going to Bolland and Co so far. They're doing okay, but the Sharks offensive problems is mostly coming from a total lack of secondary scoring (where the fark has Pavelski gone)? I don't think he's really into Thornton's head - I think Thornton snapped last night because no one besides him was doing jack-shiat out there.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:20 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Coach Q truly has done a phenomenal job in his line selections. That 3rd line has been frustrating both the top lines of Vancouver and San Jose, both known around the league as some of the league's best lines.

I must say I was a little worried Bolland wouldn't fully recover from his back surgery until at least next training camp, after an offseason to rest, but he's really turned it up the past month! The opposition doesn't just have to deal with Big Buff, but they also have to worry about the Bolland line, Eager and Burish, our scoring lines, and, to top it off, our supposed "weakest link" (Niemi) has been a strength!

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
That said I think a bit too much credit might be going to Bolland and Co so far. They're doing okay, but the Sharks offensive problems is mostly coming from a total lack of secondary scoring (where the fark has Pavelski gone)? I don't think he's really into Thornton's head - I think Thornton snapped last night because no one besides him was doing jack-shiat out there.
yep... he get's to much credit for shutdown the Sedin Line and now the Thornton Line

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
yep... he get's to much credit for shutdown the Sedin Line and now the Thornton Line
Thornton's line wasn't shut down last night. And did I say anything about the Sedins?

Again, its everyone else that is not coming through on San Jose, not Thornton.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

but IMO you can't say he gets to much credit.

He get's the credit he deserves. It's like Toews. IMO he doesn't get enough credit from the NHL and some Fans.
Vancouver 2010 MVP and maybe the Conn Smythe winner... forget about the Crosby and Ovi hype

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 09:35 AM
helicon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
but IMO you can't say he gets to much credit.

He get's the credit he deserves. It's like Toews. IMO he doesn't get enough credit from the NHL and some Fans.
Vancouver 2010 MVP and maybe the Conn Smythe winner... forget about the Crosby and Ovi hype
He had a good game, but I don't think Bolland was in Thorntons head the other night. I agree with Mckenzie when he said that a lot of what he did was just out of frustration, not with Bolland, but the fact they were down. Bolland just happened to be the closest target. The guy was showing a lot more fight/nastiness than I'm used to seeing from him. Showed a lot more competiveness then the rest of his team.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 04:06 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicon1 View Post
He had a good game, but I don't think Bolland was in Thorntons head the other night. I agree with Mckenzie when he said that a lot of what he did was just out of frustration, not with Bolland, but the fact they were down. Bolland just happened to be the closest target. The guy was showing a lot more fight/nastiness than I'm used to seeing from him. Showed a lot more competiveness then the rest of his team.
He certainly shed the opinion I had on him prior to these playoffs.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote