HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Chi

Old
05-19-2010, 10:28 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
I'd rather have Byfuglien. Love his size, speed and hands. He hasn't even hit his prime which is the scary part. We need a power forward like Byfuglien. We already have players like Versteeg, but better (or will be)... (Kulemin and Kessel... and center versions in Kadri and Bozak)

Chicago fans can correct me if I'm wrong... but most of the season, didn't he play 3rd line... Now in the playoffs, he's getting more minutes, and playing on the top line. Thats why he's producing so well...
Acquiring Byfuglien and keepign him on our NHL roster will ensure that we are outside of the playoffs next year. He is not a natural offensive talent and as a result would need to be playing on a 3rd line for either of our top 2 lines to have success. At $3.1 million, he wouldn't leave enough money to acquire the pair of top 6 forwards that we still need.

Versteeg is a natural offensive talent with plenty of upside, and at $3.1 million would be a great fit at 2nd line RW. It leaves us room to spend another $2.5 on a left winger. We can then spend significantly less than $3.1 on guys who bring just as much or more than Byfuglien to a team that is trying to get into the playoffs.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevko View Post
Leafs get:
Sharp
Byfuglien

Hawks get:
Kaberle
Grabovski

I'm not sure about this trade because of chicago's cap issues, but is it ok value wise?
Horrendous proposal

We dont need a 4.5 mil #5 dman who sucks in his own end and we dont want anything to do with Grabovski

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Horrendous proposal

We dont need a 4.5 mil #5 dman who sucks in his own end and we dont want anything to do with Grabovski
Somehow if you throw a garbage player into a deal with Kaberle, it makes it a better deal in the eyes of leafs fans!

How about Jamie Langebrunner and Tyler Eckfor for Patrick Sharp, i just love his game and the fact he has the potential to pot 30+ goals a year is only a plus

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:37 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Horrendous proposal

He would be a #3 dman, but in the process would give you a $2-3million #4 dman and $7.1million #5 dman.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
He would be a #3 dman, but in the process would give you a $2-3million #4 dman and $7.1million #5 dman.
Kaberle's D sucks and he isn't a better dman then Hjalmarsson or Campbell

He would be #5 on our depth chart

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Hulk Hogan*

Quote:

Hulk Hogan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:13 PM
seanlinden

Quote:

Living in a bit of a hawks fantasy land eh?

Kaberle's D is way underrated on these boards and by the fact taht he plays for Ron Wilson.

Old
05-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Lahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by oils4hallseyesonly View Post
bravo fair proposal
For once.. I actually 1000x billion percent agree with you..

Stef is a hit or miss prospect.. Has 30+ goal potential.. Or.. He could be a career AHLer. It depends how he adapts to the game. This year in the Q he saw his goal totals go down from 40 something, but his assists totals went up by like 20 as i recall. Mitchell is a decent 4th liner and has 3rd line potential.. Phil O could be a good 5 or 6 d-man if he reaches his potential as well..

Buff is buff.. Hes awsome.. Sopel isn't even bad.. Hes been playing very well in the playoffs so far.

The deal also gives them 4m in cap relief?

Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

No Deal here seems fair to the Hawks. And for the OP

please don't do a proposal with Leafs / Hawks anymore.

Hawks only have interest in Gunnarsson, Bozak and Monster. That's all and you don't want to deal them. So come back if you want to deal them

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:11 AM
Selke

Reasons I'm not feeling it:

- Just don't like Grabovski's salary. I know we're going to be looking to try to shed salary but getting Kaberle and Grabovski isn't exactly going to help us there.

- If we do happen to acquire Kaberle, I'd hope we get rid of Brian Campbell. Kaberle is great at rushing the puck up ice therefore rendering a $7.1 million dollar Brian Campbell without need.

- Sharp is untouchable in my opinion. Very versatile, reliable player for his salary moving forward.

- Byfuglien will be a hot commodity, you'd have to pony up more for him. He has been dominant at times these playoffs.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:14 AM
sessiroth

Quote:

i'm guessing you don't watch kaberle play a lot. He's pretty solid defensively....better then campbell that's for sure.

Oh and I highly doubt a defender who puts up 50-60 points a season would be your # 5 d-men

thats like me saying if campbell was a leaf, he would be our #7 d-men because he's behind phaneuf, beauchemin,komisarek, kaberle, schenn and gunnarsson

sessiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamsHjammer View Post

- Byfuglien will be a hot commodity, you'd have to pony up more for him. He has been dominant at times these playoffs.[/I]
but he is only good in the POs

this won't help the Leafs in the next 3 years so they can't use him

Quote:
better then campbell that's for sure.
have you seen this years edition of... Hawks in the POs? I can't remember a bad game or even a big mistake of Campbell in his own zone. This Guy is a reason why the Hawks are that good and have a good D. Don't look only at his contract and say he is overpaid.

only as Players and without a Salary Cap

Campbell >= Kaberle

Old
05-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Julien View Post
For once.. I actually 1000x billion percent agree with you..

Stef is a hit or miss prospect.. Has 30+ goal potential.. Or.. He could be a career AHLer. It depends how he adapts to the game. This year in the Q he saw his goal totals go down from 40 something, but his assists totals went up by like 20 as i recall. Mitchell is a decent 4th liner and has 3rd line potential.. Phil O could be a good 5 or 6 d-man if he reaches his potential as well..

Buff is buff.. Hes awsome.. Sopel isn't even bad.. Hes been playing very well in the playoffs so far.

The deal also gives them 4m in cap relief?
It is the type of trade that goes down all the time. this is a salary cap fair trade for salary dump proposal.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
but he is only good in the POs

this won't help the Leafs in the next 3 years so they can't use him

have you seen this years edition of... Hawks in the POs? I can't remember a bad game or even a big mistake of Campbell in his own zone. This Guy is a reason why the Hawks are that good and have a good D. Don't look only at his contract and say he is overpaid.

only as Players and without a Salary Cap

Campbell >= Kaberle
That's cold, Bubba!

Kaberle is getting a lot of hate in this thread. He really is a valuable defender. I doubt he would warrant a package of both Sharp and Buff but ya never know...Burkie isn't bad at selling players to other teams.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I never said that Kaberle isn't a good defender. I just think that Campbell is slight the better one.

But tell me how Burke will sell us a Deal that sends us more money back than we trade.

Old
05-20-2010, 09:15 AM
thepatient

how do hawks feel about this:

Hawks:
Hanson, Jimmy Hayers, Phil Oreskovic

Leafs:
Versteeg, Sopel

thepatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

some fans speak for their own hopes for their own teams... and if they personally dont like a player you can understand why they would hope their team doesnt want that player too.

as for the origional proposal... chicago has to get rid of salary and there is no chance in hell theyd take grabovski. in a bizzaro world gabovski might still be in the NHL when his current deal runs out... but until then he is as overpaid as anyone in hockey. doesnt have the skills to help as a support player... doesnt score enough or make a consistient enough effort to be a featured player.

he has skill... but its like saying the harlem globtrottiers can handle a basketball. they wont win you the NBA championship and no team with any desire to win in the NHL would get stuck with gabovski at this point.

the rest of the deal looks remotely fair. Im sure Toronto would feel they were getting the better of the deal. Im sure Chicago will be happy with this offer compared to other offers they will get for sharp/byfuglin.

if chicago could possibly deal campbell... i tend to personally feel karberle is actually a better player or at least equal. So, if campbell could be dealt... then suddenly this trade is quite quite good for chicago.

i cant imagine campbell is tradable... but he is a better player then gomez andthe rangers found an idiot willing to take gomez.

so never say never right

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 10:49 AM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc116 View Post
Stefanovich can be a future 30 goal scorer. I wouldn't give him up for a 2nd liner and a salary dump.
Seems to me Byfuglien is a 1st liner playing in the conference finals. Stefanovich is a maybe.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 11:00 AM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessiroth View Post
i'm guessing you don't watch kaberle play a lot. He's pretty solid defensively....better then campbell that's for sure.

Oh and I highly doubt a defender who puts up 50-60 points a season would be your # 5 d-men

thats like me saying if campbell was a leaf, he would be our #7 d-men because he's behind phaneuf, beauchemin,komisarek, kaberle, schenn and gunnarsson

It's not really the point though. Chicago HAS A TOP FOUR Why in the world would they trade ANYTHING for Kaberle? It is stupid proposal on its face because it clearly does not even come close to meeting the needs of one of the partners.

Some here say Kaberle is > Campbell and some say the opposite. I (Hawk fan) would have said last year that Kaberle was better. Both sucked defensively but Kaberle is a bit better on offense.
However Kaberle hasn't (over years) improved in his end at all. Campbell over the past season has settled down a lot. I found him in the past to always try to carry the puck, to make a play. Sometimes it's great but often you get burned.
He is playing the current system well. As many pundits have noted and Quennville spoke to recently he is still the go to guy for moving the puck but now he sees the ice well enough to know when it's not there and bank it out off the glass.

He has also taken well to the "active stick" on defense which has made Duncan Keith a ***** to play against. You don't need to hit people or even keep them from getting to the net if they don't have the puck.

He has (just my opinion) surpassed Kaberle as a defensemen. Both are very good offensively.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 11:13 AM
BleedsBlue88

Quote:
Neither team does this. Toronto wants no part of Byfuglien and wouldn't trade Kaberle for only Sharp. Chicago wants no part of Grabovski and can't afford Kaberle.
I agree neither team does this. But I disagree that Toronto wants no part of byfuglien He bleeds burke hockey the right deal could see him in TO I Bet

BleedsBlue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 11:15 AM
BleedsBlue88

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient View Post
how do hawks feel about this:

Hawks:
Hanson, Jimmy Hayers, Phil Oreskovic

Leafs:
Versteeg, Sopel
Jimmy Hayes goes NOWHERE

Old
05-20-2010, 11:25 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsBlue88 View Post
I agree neither team does this. But I disagree that Toronto wants no part of byfuglien He bleeds burke hockey the right deal could see him in TO I Bet
He would also bleed us dry of the cap space (which we can turn into offensive talent in UFA) that we need to get into the playoffs.

Old
05-20-2010, 11:29 AM
BleedsBlue88

Quote:
He would also bleed us dry of the cap space (which we can turn into offensive talent in UFA) that we need to get into the playoffs.
I never said I wanted it to happen, I just wouldnt go as far as to say we have no interest

Old
05-20-2010, 11:31 AM
BleedsBlue88

Quote:
and we have plenty of cap space to work with with some tweaks unless your looking to sign kovalchuk. marleaus not coming who do you want to spend this big money on?

Old
05-20-2010, 11:37 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsBlue88 View Post
and we have plenty of cap space to work with with some tweaks unless your looking to sign kovalchuk. marleaus not coming who do you want to spend this big money on?
No we don't. Look at our cap situation. If Finger goes to the minors, Kulemin signs for $2.25, we spend $750k on each of a 4th line left wing, John Mitchell, 13th forward and 7th defenceman, we have a total of about $6.5 million to get a top line left winger, 2nd line right winger, and 3rd line centre.