HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rd. 3, Gm. 3: Flyers @ Canadiens - May 20, 2010 - 7:00 P.M. (ET)

Old
05-21-2010, 02:33 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I'm gonna have to check that out. I come from a family who loves Clint, so I'm sure someone has seen it in my house.
You were raised well.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 02:38 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
You were raised well.

More so my dad was the big fan of him. Main reason why I saw Million Dollar. Told me to sit down and watch a cinema legend. Then told me to watch every Dirty Harry movie ever made.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 02:39 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
You were raised well.
a friend of mine's last name is Wood.

he is going to name his son Clinton East. his fiance has already agreed to this.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 02:39 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

he is going to name his son Clinton East. his fiance has already agreed to this.
That's more than a fiancee, that's a goddess.

Old
05-21-2010, 02:42 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post

More so my dad was the big fan of him. Main reason why I saw Million Dollar. Told me to sit down and watch a cinema legend. Then told me to watch every Dirty Harry movie ever made.
Ever see High Plains Drifter? A very ambiguous ending. Open to interpretation.

Old
05-21-2010, 02:44 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers93 View Post
I forgot what I was watching, (might of been CBC pre-game) but they were saying that Habs fans used to expect to get to the Conference Finals atleast and really wouldn't go nuts until the Cup finals. Now they go insane after a 1st round win because they haven't won jack in almost two decades, according to them. Sounds right to me.
I'm gonna be in the States during the Cup finals. If the Canadiens really do have a chance to win the Cup I swear to God I'm going to fly up there.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 02:45 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

That rules.

Quote:
Ever see High Plains Drifter? A very ambiguous ending. Open to interpretation.
I've never seen it. I have watched your Youtube clip though. It was great.
As long as I can quote it for days and often years it's win in my book.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Amateur Hour

We will win Saturday.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 05:43 AM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
If anyone ever wants to question Richards' leadership again....

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|PHI|home
That's a terrific interview. Very honest and raw. Knowing he's going to take that attitude to the dressing room bodes well for game 4.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:51 AM
FlyerX

I think some people looked at the 3-0 score of Game 2 and didn't watch the game close enough. The Flyers cashed on every good break and bounce and the Habs couldn't buy a goal. Last night, the reverse happened.

The bounces evened out and MTL got a couple good ones and held the lead really well. The Flyers are getting cute again with too many passes when they should keep firing. I knew MTL wasn't far away from getting things straightened up but I thought the game would be more competitive.

A little nasty at the end. I've known Spacek is a dirty hack since his Buffalo days and he proved it again. Kind of a bad idea really. The Flyers aren't playing pissed off hockey and that might have done the trick to really get them going.

I can see Lappy playing in Game 4. The 4th line got torched. Betts, Nodl and Powe average 5 mins of even strength ice time and were a combined -7.

Pronger/Carle were bad, that won't be repeated. The Flyers had enough scoring chances to net more than one, but pucks weren't going in for them. They have to figure out how to come out of the gate smoking. They use the 1st period as their warm up.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Kaktus*

I was too upset to post anything yesterday. Obviously, yesterday loss was ugly.

What really pissed me off was that Montreal had their top 5 players on PP in the last minute of the game when score was 4:1. WTF was that...

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 08:50 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

What really pissed me off was that Montreal had their top 5 players on PP in the last minute of the game when score was 4:1. WTF was that...
While they could have put lesser players out there, their PP had gone to **** in the first two games. I'd bet it was more a case of trying to get the PP clicking than showing up the Flyers.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 08:54 AM
phantomphan

Quote:

This is a playoff series, not a regular season game. You should never take your foot off the gas. It is essentially one long game where you reset the score every other day. I'd expect the Flyers to do the same thing.

phantomphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:

I was 100% ok with it. I thought we should've put out some bruisers to set the tone for next game. They want to put their best players out there in a 4-1 game with a minute to go on the PP, we should break heads. Cross checks, slashes, send a ****ing message. I hate when this team plays like *******.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 08:56 AM
PF

It's professional sports, why do people think the opposition needs to be babied and treated nicely when they're losing? Stick the boot in if the opportunity is there and show them up. This isn't the regular season, they're playing again in a couple of days - you do what you can to demoralise them.

I have absolutely no problem with the other team putting out their top powerplay unit in that situation.

If the Flyers really feel bad they did this then they can turn it round and try and use it for inspiration. Or maybe Coburn should remember what the rules are and not throw the puck.

PF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomphan View Post
This is a playoff series, not a regular season game. You should never take your foot off the gas. It is essentially one long game where you reset the score every other day. I'd expect the Flyers to do the same thing.
That doesn't make any sense. Who cares if the Flyers score a PP goal with 30 seconds to go when they're already up 6-0? Doesn't affect the next game at all.

As for running up the score: Who cares? I hate it when it happens in the NFL (Bill Bellichick, I'm looking at you) simply because you're putting your players at an unnecessary risk.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomphan View Post
Really??? If you did not tell me it was playoffs I would never figure it out.

By the way I do appreciate everyone’s replies and explanations.. Some people have no problem, some thought it was because Habs want to score a PP goal. I understand all that perfectly fine.

To me it was still running the score up. Something normal coach does not do in any situation. You are up by 4 goals and the game is obviously over. It's like Jason Blakes celebrations of empty net goals, with a fist pump.

Old
05-21-2010, 09:27 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
When we were up 6-0 we put our PP as somethin g like:

Carcillo-Giroux-JVR
Kirajcek-Coburn

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:28 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
To me it was still running the score up. Something normal coach does not do in any situation. You are up by 4 goals and the game is obviously over. It's like Jason Blakes celebrations of empty net goals, with a fist pump.
If they don't like it, they should have stopped them. Laviolette had Nodl, Parent, and Krajicek on the ice - I'm sure the Habs were salivating at that. Play to the final horn.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
If they don't like it, they should have stopped them. Laviolette had Nodl, Parent, and Krajicek on the ice - I'm sure the Habs were salivating at that. Play to the final horn.
Smart move by Lavi.

Thats what I am saying, that goal made no difference at all. Habs did not score against any of our PK units.

Old
05-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Nah, I hear ya, but I'm glad Montreal did it. They needed to get spanked last night. As we've seen all year long, often times when the Flyers win big, they seem to get very complacent.

If I was the Montreal coaching staff, I'd be resting my top guys.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:34 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Smart move by Lavi.

Thats what I am saying, that goal made no difference at all. Habs did not score against any of our PK units.
They'll take whatever they can get after the first 2 games.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
Nah, I hear ya, but I'm glad Montreal did it. They needed to get spanked last night. As we've seen all year long, often times when the Flyers win big, they seem to get very complacent.

If I was the Montreal coaching staff, I'd be resting my top guys.
In the end I was glad they did it too. I was just mad. 1st it was that questionable interference call on Pronger when he actually played the puck, than Coburn thought he was MLB pitcher (what a ****ing idiot by the way) and than it was Habs useless PP goal and celebrating after...

Old
05-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
That was a legit interference call on Pronger. If he was able to interfere while making a beeline to the puck, then that's not interference, but he clearly cut into the boards. The one tripping call where he got the puck cleanly before the MTL player stepped on his stick was sorta weak though.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Kaktus*

ohh here we go.. I will be explained by someone that it was a legit call.. A legit call would be when the puck 10-15-20 feet away and Pronger slows someone down and I do mean getting in front of the forecheking player for about 2 seconds with out getting to the puck.

Just cause Versus said it was does not mean it was. Two players were chasing the puck and Pronger cuts Kostitsyn space with his size. playing the puck .45 seconds later.