HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomas Tatar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2010, 02:37 AM
  #1
Rondo
 
Rondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Tomas Tatar

How do you pronounce the kid's name? Tuh-tar? Tay-tar? Tater?

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:58 AM
  #2
Drunkspleen
Face of the company
 
Drunkspleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bear Country
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,931
vCash: 500
tuh-tar

Of course, my Australian accent mangles the most easily pronounced names in hockey at times.

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 03:05 AM
  #3
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
At around 0:13 in this video is how it should be pronounced:


slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 04:21 AM
  #4
Rondo
 
Rondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Nice thanks, now I won't feel like an idiot every time I'm unsure of whether or not I'm pronouncing his name right.. although I'll probably just continue to call him tater tot either way

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 08:32 AM
  #5
HockeyBuddha
Knower of All
 
HockeyBuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Just inside Area 51
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
At around 0:13 in this video is how it should be pronounced:

Nice move (and blondes). Tatar should be on the team in 2011-2012 right? Or will they make him serve his three years in the minors?

HockeyBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 09:04 AM
  #6
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,554
vCash: 500
Apologies if this makes me sound like a jerk, but does this really warrant a thread?

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 09:11 AM
  #7
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Apologies if this makes me sound like a jerk, but does this really warrant a thread?
Well, the moves and the BLONDES definitely deserve their own thread I think!

Anyone know if one of the blondes is Tatar's girlfriend or something?

Also, this kid constantly reminds me of MARTIN STRAKA! Same awkward but quick stride, great hockey sense, great work ethic, same size...this guy is going to be a dandy!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 09:48 AM
  #8
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Well, the moves and the BLONDES definitely deserve their own thread I think!

Anyone know if one of the blondes is Tatar's girlfriend or something?

Also, this kid constantly reminds me of MARTIN STRAKA! Same awkward but quick stride, great hockey sense, great work ethic, same size...this guy is going to be a dandy!
I did notice them, very nice!! I'll take the right.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 10:11 AM
  #9
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
I did notice them, very nice!! I'll take the right.
oh, thats perfect cause I liked the one on the left more! Deal!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 10:30 AM
  #10
irishtemper
Registered User
 
irishtemper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
unfortunately for you two, Tatar has laid claim to both of them

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 11:06 AM
  #11
Go Wings
Registered User
 
Go Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chatham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
It's pronounced: "The Sauce"

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
  #12
Huddy*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Whats up this rumor about Tater Tots going to play for St Petes in the KHL...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/features/rumors#2979

"There was some speculation that Detroit Red Wings prospect Tomas Tatar would bolt for the KHL's SKA St. Petersburg. But Tatar told Allhockey.ru, (via MLive.com), "I was drafted by SKA St. Petersburg, but nobody contacted me. I wouldn't mind playing in the KHL, I won't hide that, but so far I've received no offers."

Now, that hardly seems like a conviction to stay. But he also said Detroit is his favorite team, and his dream is to be a core player for the Wings. He understands that is a few years away -- especially on the Wings -- so, if the Wings don't progress him at a rate at which he's comfortable, he might think about the KHL again.

The 19-year-old was a second-round pick last season. The Slovakian had 32 point in 58 games for Grand Rapids (AHL)."

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 11:42 AM
  #13
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,554
vCash: 500


At this rate Mursak will be our only player! I'd still back the Griffins to do well though.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:36 PM
  #14
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
so its "Tah-Tar"?

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:18 PM
  #15
JackieTreehorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post


At this rate Mursak will be our only player! I'd still back the Griffins to do well though.
sounds like he is willing to play one more year for the Griffins, then if he isnt a Wing will bolt.

Now might be a good time for the braintrust to reconsider the overripe have to be 25 to crack the Wings roster philosphy.

JackieTreehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
  #16
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytown93 View Post
Whats up this rumor about Tater Tots going to play for St Petes in the KHL...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/features/rumors#2979

"There was some speculation that Detroit Red Wings prospect Tomas Tatar would bolt for the KHL's SKA St. Petersburg. But Tatar told Allhockey.ru, (via MLive.com), "I was drafted by SKA St. Petersburg, but nobody contacted me. I wouldn't mind playing in the KHL, I won't hide that, but so far I've received no offers."

Now, that hardly seems like a conviction to stay. But he also said Detroit is his favorite team, and his dream is to be a core player for the Wings. He understands that is a few years away -- especially on the Wings -- so, if the Wings don't progress him at a rate at which he's comfortable, he might think about the KHL again.

The 19-year-old was a second-round pick last season. The Slovakian had 32 point in 58 games for Grand Rapids (AHL)."
At the WHC afer Slovakia´s last game he was asked by a Russian journalist whether he can imagine a future in the KHL. He didn´t really say that he wouldn´t mind it, he said that he doesn´t exclude it. meaning in the future if plan A doesn´t work out for him. Really, just a stupid question by the reporter, what should he had said? "No, I definitely never would."?

IMO his goal is to play for Detroit, no need to worry about this.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 04:55 PM
  #17
heyfolks
Registered User
 
heyfolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Playa Herradura, CR
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Develop in the AHL making 50K or in the KHL making 10x that with bonuse potential while being closer to home. Of course he wants to be contacted AND offered the deal I oultine. Wanting to play in the NHL can still be attained while playing for more money, especially for a 19 yo. the KHL may not compare to the NHL, but it sures compares tot eh AHL. Aside from that, the Grifs are a mess.

heyfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 06:07 PM
  #18
Huddy*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
At the WHC afer Slovakia´s last game he was asked by a Russian journalist whether he can imagine a future in the KHL. He didn´t really say that he wouldn´t mind it, he said that he doesn´t exclude it. meaning in the future if plan A doesn´t work out for him. Really, just a stupid question by the reporter, what should he had said? "No, I definitely never would."?

IMO his goal is to play for Detroit, no need to worry about this.
Thank you!

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.