HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Girioux....More moves than industrial strength Exlax

Old
05-22-2010, 11:03 PM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
Girioux....More moves than industrial strength Exlax

I have watched the 1st goal replay well over 50 times now,and every single time i cannot help but shake my head at just how skilled this cat Girioux really is.Halak is still moving left chasing the shadow of a puck that was already in the net top shelf too his right.That was absolutely criminal ! Claude has officially made the " more moves than Exlax " club.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:05 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Giroux has been our best forward in the playoffs.

I don't care what point totals say. He has been our best forward consistently.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:12 PM
FilthyPhlyer

Plus he had that awesome face off win through Gomez's legs and got the puck to VanR for a goal. And he also kept the puck tied up in the corner in a heroic effort to eat up the clock towards the end of game 7 in the Bruins series.

FilthyPhlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:13 PM
decadentia

He's solidifying a scoring line at a young age, he's money.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:22 PM
AaronTrieu

i'm scared for the day we have to pay this kid.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
I'm okay with locking Carter and Giroux to a Richards-deal. JVR if he breaks out the way we hope.

Old
05-22-2010, 11:47 PM

vCash: 50
You guys clearly weren't listening to the NBC comms team. That goal was all about a blown strap!

After it snapped, the defenseman suffered complete lower body paralysis and Giroux was left with the simple task of blowing the puck into the empty net. Very little really quality involved.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
You guys clearly weren't listening to the NBC comms team. That goal was all about a blown strap!

After it snapped, the defenseman suffered complete lower body paralysis and Giroux was left with the simple task of blowing the puck into the empty net. Very little really quality involved.

Except for Pierre. Listening to him might make Claude want to file for a restraining order.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
Carter might need to find a new home, and I'd be perfectly ok with that. Giroux is much more dynamic.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
The whole offense was balling today honestly, I thought the Habs D played really well. They should buy Gill some pads to jump in net, he had the best save of the game.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 12:18 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
The whole offense was balling today honestly, I thought the Habs D played really well. They should buy Gill some pads to jump in net, he had the best save of the game.
I don't know. I thought for SURE that Bergeron wouldn't get to Carter's should-have-been Empty Netter. Shame too. That would've given him some confidence I think.

Old
05-23-2010, 12:20 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post

To be fair, the d-man was obviously having trouble skating. That said, that move on halak was bananas.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I don't know. I thought for SURE that Bergeron wouldn't get to Carter's should-have-been Empty Netter. Shame too. That would've given him some confidence I think.
I didn't get to watch most of the game, but from what I saw, Carter had a good game. I can't imagine an easy EN would help his confidence... he should've been happy with how he played today.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 12:45 AM
nosnhoj

From my perspective, Carter played extremely well, especially for having not played since the NJ series. I'm not sure how it ended up, but he lead the team in shots and hits (!) for most of the game.

nosnhoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Okay fine, Gill had the best save that mattered.

Old
05-23-2010, 01:03 AM
SolidSnakeUS

All I know is, we definitely picked up someone scary to play against, on the PP or on the PK. Solid in every sense, uses his body the way he should, fast, slick, more moves than God and amazing hands. He will become something great. Easily 60 to 70 points-a-season player, maybe even more. This playoffs also shows how clutch he is.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Amateur Hour

I've been one of his biggest fans for a few years now and have done nothing but sing his praises. I told anyone who'd listen that this kid is the real deal and to get on the bandwagon. Not that I respect Pierre McGuire or what he has to say at all, but we do have a superstar-in-the-making on our hands. Claude Giroux will be the best player on this team by 2012, if not sooner. With the right linemate (see: a legitimate goal-scorer), he's more than capable of scoring at a PPG clip or better.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 02:31 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

He had a somewhat similar goal against Calgary earlier this year, on the backhand...

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 03:35 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

You know what I liked the most about G's game today? He looked pissed. Not enraged pissed, but steely eyed, seething type of pissed. They panned to him during the anthems and he was just swaying back and forth scowling and spitting on the ice. Then when he scored his goal he still didn't have a big smile on his face.

Old
05-23-2010, 03:40 AM
Flyers93

Quote:
You know what I liked the most about G's game today? He looked pissed. Not enraged pissed, but steely eyed, seething type of pissed. They panned to him during the anthems and he was just swaying back and forth scowling and spitting on the ice. Then when he scored his goal he still didn't have a big smile on his face.
Exactly, I noticed this too. Scores a huge goal (beauty goal, too) and he just raises one arm like it's no big deal. Loved it.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 03:53 AM
fire bettman

Quote:
That's his determination... I'd be pissed too if I was one of the most offensively skilled players on the team and, arguably, left in the playoffs and not having enough to show for it. And it's how you channel that pissed-offedness, you can get pissed Crosby style and throw little temper-tantrums on the ice and make everyone on your bench do this OR you can get pissed, get determined and get focused and make everyone else on your bench do this .

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I have watched the 1st goal replay well over 50 times now,and every single time i cannot help but shake my head at just how skilled this cat Girioux really is.Halak is still moving left chasing the shadow of a puck that was already in the net top shelf too his right.That was absolutely criminal ! Claude has officially made the " more moves than Exlax " club.
You can tell who my favorite Flyer is followed by 17 and 18. All I can say is "THANK YOU NEW YORK RANGERS", for taking the player the Flyers wanted at that point in the draft. The Flyers were set to take Bobby Sanguinetti and when the rangers took him it kind of caught them off guard, Remember Clarkie did not even know his name. Tell me if that is not some trippy sh..
GO FLYERS

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Lucky Luke

I had the opportunity to watch Claude for 3 years in Junior.
He had a very good first season in Gatineau as a 17-year old rookie, but 2 years later, as a 19-year-old, he was a much more explosive and complete hockey player.
I could compare Claude's play this year with the Flyers to his first season with the Olympiques.
In my opinion, he will be even better going forward.
Hold on to your hats, the best is yet to come.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Cleary84

That goal was truly amazing, and this kid is truly special. In looking at his play yesterday through a team-perspective, I'd say that both his goals yesterday were equally pretty.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:55 AM
clodejirew

Just imagine if he didn't have to play with asham every night.

...And it's Giroux*

clodejirew is offline   Reply With Quote