HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Hardy Arrested Under Suspicion of Felony Sexual Abuse

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2010, 06:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
In what situation would Hardy's daughter have to share her bed with him?
"This is just ignorant people, come on" Michael Jackson

Kidding aside, My 25yo son and I were on the road all through February and part of March and at times, when necessary we had to share a bed in our hotel room. It didn't happen all the time but due to circumstances beyond our control (room availability, weather etc) at times there wasn't any other choice.

My 9 year old niece my wife and I all slept in the same bed on several occasions (pull out the old couch bed to watch a movie and all fall asleep).

In truth there are several situations where a parent would share a bed with there adult children many of which are totally innocent. It sickens me to my core that we are a species where there are also as many reasons why it wouldn't be.

But as far as an adult in a hotel on a trip to visit their adult daughter having a reason to share a bed with her, like I said, there are many obvious and innocent reasons for that to happen.

Old
05-21-2010, 06:31 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
My 25yo son and I were on the road all through February and part of March and at times, when necessary we had to share a bed in our hotel room. It didn't happen all the time but due to circumstances beyond our control (room availability, weather etc) at times there wasn't any other choice.
So Harpo would leave his wife in one bed by herself and be forced to join his 21-y.o. daughter in another bed. Makes perfect sense.

Quote:
But as far as an adult in a hotel on a trip to visit their adult daughter having a reason to share a bed with her, like I said, there are many obvious and innocent reasons for that to happen.
I humbly disagree.

Old
05-21-2010, 06:34 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Who cares about HAVE TO?

Its not whether it was a requirement, but rather, why it ended it up happening, for which there are many reasons it would happen that are nefarious and many others that are innocent.
I care about HAVE TO, because that's what I originally asked for:

Quote:
In what situation would Hardy's daughter have to share her bed with him?

Old
05-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Johnny Utah

This is bad.

Old
05-21-2010, 06:36 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Is it safe to assume that those of you who question a parent falling asleep next to one of their children, no matter how young or old, are not yet parents?
Is it safe to assume that everyone of us have had parents? That we don't normally let our parents crawl into bed drunk (or not) with us and fondle us?

Old
05-21-2010, 06:41 PM
alv8

Old
05-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Relax. Don't take this discussion so personally. I understand your job is to find loopholes in the law in an effort to keep criminals out of prison, and if that's what you choose to do and you're really good at it, then more power to you.
That is a nice little potshot. There are unethical people in every profession including law enforcement AND the legal system. Or do you think the criminal justice system is perfect? Do some research on our very own LAPD. They don't exactly have a history of being the most ethical organization. There are plenty of times the men wearing the badges do some pretty unscrupulous things. In some cases they are the real criminals. I'm not even going to stretch and make an assumption that it is the case in this situation since I know absolutely nothing about it which is also why I haven't really commented on it. I'm just saying you taking a shot at a defense lawyer for doing his job is pretty low. I hope you never find yourself in a situation that is out of your control and you need one because it happens to regular people just like you quite often.

Quote:
So Harpo would leave his wife in one bed by herself and be forced to join his 21-y.o. daughter in another bed. Makes perfect sense.
Seriously just throw him in jail already right? Jesus Christ why don't you find out what happened before you start making accusations EITHER way.

Old
05-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Is it safe to assume that everyone of us have had parents? That we don't normally let our parents crawl into bed drunk (or not) with us and fondle us?
This ones for you, bud...

Old
05-21-2010, 06:54 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
That is a nice little potshot. There are unethical people in every profession including law enforcement AND the legal system. Or do you think the criminal justice system is perfect? Do some research on our very own LAPD. They don't exactly have a history of being the most ethical organization. There are plenty of times the men wearing the badges do some pretty unscrupulous things. In some cases they are the real criminals. I'm not even going to stretch and make an assumption that it is the case in this situation since I know absolutely nothing about it which is also why I haven't really commented on it. I'm just saying you taking a shot at a defense lawyer for doing his job is pretty low. I hope you never find yourself in a situation that is out of your control and you need one because it happens to regular people just like you quite often.
Hardly. I think that some of this defending of Hardy is sickening.

Rather than claim that the whole story is made up (which makes more sense), some are already accepting that he was in bed with his daughter, and then are attempting to rationalize how it is okay... That it's completely healthy and normal for grown men to crawl into bed with their adult daughters. Men who can afford more than one bed for themselves and their family.

For the record, I know the system sucks. I was screwed last year in court when the judge didn't know the difference between a webhost and a web developer. However, Dtfk, being a defense lawyer, is already prejudiced the opposite way. That's the reason for the potshot.

Quote:
Seriously just throw him in jail already right? Jesus Christ why don't you find out what happened before you start making accusations EITHER way.
You missed the context of my post. Tonelli'sGhost said that he and his son had to share a bed because the place they stayed at only had one bed. While a father and son sharing a bed is different from a father and daughter, the point I was making was that Hardy's wife was also with them... which makes the situation entirely different and incomparable.

Last edited by RonSwanson*: 05-21-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old
05-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

5 pages in, we've reached Thread of the Year status.

Old
05-21-2010, 06:56 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
This ones for you, bud...

You're right, I crossed the line when I assumed that everyone had parents.

Old
05-21-2010, 06:57 PM
RememberRoger*
apt w/ 2 sexy ladies

i just don't buy this... wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another case of a disgruntled female trumping up serious allegations in order to extort money/exact some type of revenge for a perceived wrongdoing...

Old
05-21-2010, 06:59 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

O.k. Well then I guess that you and I just wont agree on this one.

I mean, if you can't think of a reason on your own why a father on a trip visiting his daughter who is at the hotel where he is staying (why didn't she stay at the dorms, she must have had another place to stay than her fathers hotel room?) can spend the night in the same hotel room then I don't know what to say to you.

I will give it one more shot.

My brother has two daughters, one went away to college and it had been several months since he had seen her. My family, all of my family, are very close. My brother is very proud of his daughter and how well she is doing in school, we are all very proud of her.

He and my sister in law went to visit her along with my wife and a few other family members, call it a sort of visit/family gathering (for various reasons it was easy for everyone to be at the same place at the same time and they all got together).

My brother, who had missed his daughter, after the entire group went out for dinner/drinks and hanging out spent the entire night up talking with his daughter in his hotel room.

When my brother told me this I actually laughed at him and asked if they did each others nails and talked about boys (of course in jest).

The point is that my brother, god forbid, spent the night in a hotel room with his grown college aged daughter and while he said that they spent the entire night talking, I have to imagine that at some point they both slept in the same room and possibly, the same bed.

Leaving his wife and my wife alone sleeping in the same room (should I imagine that something bad could have happened?).

Nothing happened and really, why would anyone imagine that something could have?

That is something that I find really troubling, for an adult to abuse in any way any child is reprehensible and disgusting, but for a father to abuse his child is an abomination.

Why on earth would we assume that anyone is capable of such a thing until we knew it to be an outright fact? To think otherwise is just wrong in my opinion.

I guess it comes down to a difference between the way that we are made up, I can imagine several scenarios where a father and his child could share a hotel room and sleep in the same bed without anything ever disgusting or wrong happening.

Not that I think it is impossible, just that my first thought is that there are several reasons for innocence in a situation like this.

Its really difficult for me to think otherwise.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberRoger View Post
i just don't buy this... wouldn't be surprised if this is yet another case of a disgruntled female trumping up serious allegations in order to extort money/exact some type of revenge for a perceived wrongdoing...
Bitter misogynist.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
O.k. Well then I guess that you and I just wont agree on this one.

I mean, if you can't think of a reason on your own why a father on a trip visiting his daughter who is at the hotel where he is staying (why didn't she stay at the dorms, she must have had another place to stay than her fathers hotel room?) can spend the night in the same hotel room then I don't know what to say to you.

I will give it one more shot.

My brother has two daughters, one went away to college and it had been several months since he had seen her. My family, all of my family, are very close. My brother is very proud of his daughter and how well she is doing in school, we are all very proud of her.

He and my sister in law went to visit her along with my wife and a few other family members, call it a sort of visit/family gathering (for various reasons it was easy for everyone to be at the same place at the same time and they all got together).

My brother, who had missed his daughter, after the entire group went out for dinner/drinks and hanging out spent the entire night up talking with his daughter in his hotel room.

When my brother told me this I actually laughed at him and asked if they did each others nails and talked about boys (of course in jest).

The point is that my brother, god forbid, spent the night in a hotel room with his grown college aged daughter and while he said that they spent the entire night talking, I have to imagine that at some point they both slept in the same room and possibly, the same bed.

Leaving his wife and my wife alone sleeping in the same room (should I imagine that something bad could have happened?).

Nothing happened and really, why would anyone imagine that something could have?

That is something that I find really troubling, for an adult to abuse in any way any child is reprehensible and disgusting, but for a father to abuse his child is an abomination.

Why on earth would we assume that anyone is capable of such a thing until we knew it to be an outright fact? To think otherwise is just wrong in my opinion.

I guess it comes down to a difference between the way that we are made up, I can imagine several scenarios where a father and his child could share a hotel room and sleep in the same bed without anything ever disgusting or wrong happening.

Not that I think it is impossible, just that my first thought is that there are several reasons for innocence in a situation like this.

Its really difficult for me to think otherwise.
I appreciate your reply on this topic. And I understand what you are saying. I'm not going to judge your brother's actions. As an educator and coach, maybe I'm just too familiar with parent-student relations and safeguards.

I don't know why she wasn't at the dorms. Maybe her dorm contract was over? That's common on graduation days. Yet it doesn't (again, in my opinion) make it okay for him to crawl into her bed.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

Rather than claim that the whole story is made up (which makes more sense), some are already accepting that he was in bed with his daughter, and then are attempting to rationalize how it is okay... That it's completely healthy and normal for grown men to crawl into bed with their adult daughters. Men who can afford more than one bed for themselves and their family.
Though I already addressed this in my previous post (forgot to quote that I was responding to your post) I find what you have said above just sad and in its own way very disturbing.

What the heck happened to you that makes you incapable of seeing an innocent reason for a father and his adult daughter to end up sleeping in the same bed, regardless of it being a hotel room tent cabin loft or anyplace else.

Why do you feel that there couldn't be a reason for a parent to end up sharing a bed with their child?

It weirds me out that you are so quick to dismiss the actual possibility or that you can only see something sordid and wrong in it.

I am not jumping to defend Harpo regarding my position on this, I am simply stating the fact that it is actually possible for a parent to sleep next to a child regardless of their age and that is kind of creepy to think that anything would ever happen.

If Harpo did this then as I said in another post it is reprehensible and an absolute abomination and he should receive every once of punishment that the law can provide, but for you to simply jump to the conclusion that because a father and his daughter shared the same bed that something had to happen is really creepy to me.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:11 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Too bad the Kings weren't still in the playoffs.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:11 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

Um... no. We are pointing out scenarios by which a father could end up sleeping in the same bed as his daughter without there being any funny business.

Anyone who has already made up their mind about this case either is a biased fool, period. There simply is not enough to go on to make ANY case, which is why Hardy was released today and won't have another court date for 2 weeks, so that the lawyers have time to actually build a case, because right now, there is no case, only allegations.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:19 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Though I already addressed this in my previous post (forgot to quote that I was responding to your post) I find what you have said above just sad and in its own way very disturbing.

What the heck happened to you that makes you incapable of seeing an innocent reason for a father and his adult daughter to end up sleeping in the same bed, regardless of it being a hotel room tent cabin loft or anyplace else.

Why do you feel that there couldn't be a reason for a parent to end up sharing a bed with their child?

It weirds me out that you are so quick to dismiss the actual possibility or that you can only see something sordid and wrong in it.

I am not jumping to defend Harpo regarding my position on this, I am simply stating the fact that it is actually possible for a parent to sleep next to a child regardless of their age and that is kind of creepy to think that anything would ever happen.

If Harpo did this then as I said in another post it is reprehensible and an absolute abomination and he should receive every once of punishment that the law can provide, but for you to simply jump to the conclusion that because a father and his daughter shared the same bed that something had to happen is really creepy to me.
I'm not jumping to that conclusion so much as I'm saying he should have never been in that situation in the first place, especially if he was "very intoxicated".

When I'm coaching a high school team, I always make sure that there is another parent around until every player has gone home. Not because I am afraid that I might do something awful, but because I want to prevent a player from making any untrue accusations. I've seen it happen before to other coaches, and it is unfortunate.

In Harpo's case, he's not camping in a tent. He's staying in a 4-diamond luxury hotel. The bed options are either a king (no pun intended) or 2 doubles in the room.

Now, perhaps I jumped the gun and Hardy only purchased one room with a king bed, and he and his wife were sleeping on the floor with their daughter taking the bed. But that's highly unlikely, do you agree?

Old
05-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cri...-in-hotel.html
Quote:
The victim told police that she and her father were “very intoxicated,” and after she had changed her clothes, got into bed and fell asleep, she was awakened by her father laying next to her and touching her inappropriately, according to documents filed late Friday in D.C. Superior Court.

After first denying that anything happened, Hardy apologized to his daughter, the court papers said. She then ran from the room to the front desk for help.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:24 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Keep an open mind people.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That, ironically, was exactly what I was thinking when I first heard the story from the very beginning, especially since it happened after returning from the bar at 1 AM. It sounds like it was taken out of an American Pie comedy, but honestly, that could probably happen to quite a few people drunk in the middle of the night. This has misunderstanding oozing all over the place and the overreactions of a young college girl. Time will tell if this is the legitimate story, or if that is how it went down, but it is very unfortunate that by having this brought to the authorities could result in Hardy losing his current career. My prediction is, if that story rings true and there are no other breakthroughs, it will blow over with Hardy having to take some sort of alcohol classes, and hopefully is maintained on the Kings bench like Heidi was allowed to stay with the broadcasting crew (though, obviously they are run by two completely different organizations).

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
05-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Hey boys.

JDM sent me a text about this earlier when I was in court. I have been on both sides of these cases. You may know I am a divorce lawyer. I have represented fathers in custody cases accused of this and mothers in said cases making such accusations. I have a lot of experience with these types of issues and plenty of trials.

I haven't looked into the allegations in any detail yet. I will do some research before I post anything here and/or on lakingsnews.

Harpo is part of our Kings family. When these types of accusations hit home like this, both an overreaction claiming culpability and overreaction claiming innocence are common. I encourage you to stay away from either. None of us know the truth but incidents like these are (despite what some of you may believe) not just he said, she said. While direct evidence is rare, circumstantial evidence generally heavily tips the scales one way or another.

For now, never forget that Harpo is innocent until proven guilty. It is the foundation for this country's criminal justice system.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:40 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Hey boys.

JDM sent me a text about this earlier when I was in court. I have been on both sides of these cases. You may know I am a divorce lawyer. I have represented fathers in custody cases accused of this and mothers in said cases making such accusations. I have a lot of experience with these types of issues and plenty of trials.

I haven't looked into the allegations in any detail yet. I will do some research before I post anything here and/or on lakingsnews.

Harpo is part of our Kings family. When these types of accusations hit home like this, both an overreaction claiming culpability and overreaction claiming innocence are common. I encourage you to stay away from either. None of us know the truth but incidents like these are (despite what some of you may believe) not just he said, she said. While direct evidence is rare, circumstantial evidence generally heavily tips the scales one way or another.

For now, never forget that Harpo is innocent until proven guilty. It is the foundation for this country's criminal justice system.
Good points. I'll wait until more info comes forth.

Old
05-21-2010, 08:00 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Ugh. Guilty or not, this is terrible and messed up. No good can come of this.

Closed Thread