HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Hardy Arrested Under Suspicion of Felony Sexual Abuse

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2010, 01:04 PM
sueroe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
"High intoxicated"

I think that is the quote I read.

That affects (1) behavior (2) intent, and (3) reaction.

If Hardy got into bed with his daughter with anything that resembled general or specific intent to do so and touched his daughter knowing she was his daughter (as opposed to his wife), then you likely have a crime and, just as important, you have by moral standards a highly perverse act.

If Hardy got into bed with his daughter thinking it was that of his wife (this is assuming his wife was in the hotel room as well) and thinking that it was his wife that he was touching, then you have a horrible mistake that is both embarrassing and poses questions as to how a man of his age could allow himself to get into such an inebriated condition. But, I am currently looking into whether that is sufficient for him to be convicted of the crime with which he is accused.

If you take the second scenario and then add to it a "very intoxicated" daughter, then you have more likely than not a potential unclear perception of what occurred as well as a potential (key word) highly charged reaction to what may have occurred. Think about the last time you were "very intoxicated" and how elevated your emotional state may have been.

Another factor is the degree of the inappropriate touching (using the proffer of facts' terminology that I read). If it was seconds of touching, immediate awakening and reaction then we are dealing with a more explainable situation. If it was extensive digital penetration (never thought I would write those words on hf) for an extended period of time, that may factor into all this - at minimum, when dealing with the fall out to the family unit.

I will have more information about specifics early next week
I have to agree with you, that even if this a horrible mistake as in the 1st scenario, at the very least it is a pretty big red flag to put down the bottle and join a support group.
In the second scenario of the daughter maybe being a highly charged reaction to what may have occurred, you can look at that in a different way as well, maybe her intoxicated state reduced inhibition and allowed her to disclose something she might not have otherwise done in a sober condition.
Regardless, in a court of law it isn't easy to convict abuse, especially with a mainly he/said, she/said scenario. Defense just has to provide reasonable doubt do they not, and that again doesn't mean it didn't happen. The reality is the guy was so drunk he molested his daughter ("unitentionally"), did do it with intention, or the daughter is lieing.

Old
05-22-2010, 01:19 PM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
A simple accusation, true or false, is enough to arrest someone, even for a felony. If everyone were guilty simply because they were arrested, alot of totally innocent people in this country would have wrongly become criminals.

I fight that prejudice, and it is just that, PREJUDICE, whether you admit it to yourself or not, everyday. Simply because someone is arrested means very little in the search for Truth and Justice. Attitudes like yours make my job a very difficult one.

All that is necessary for an arrest is an accusation. That is all the "evidence" needed. A quick example should suffice: If you and I were alone in the same hotel room for 5 minutes and I called the police and said you put your hand down my pants when I was coming out of the bathroom and tried to grab my ****, they would arrest you. Are you guilty? Did you do that? All the Police know is what I told them. You of course deny it, as everyone does. The police dont care what you say, because you are the accused, you are the criminal. So you'll be arrested and have to post bail if you dont want to rot in jail while your case slowly winds its way through the judicial system.

If the female accuser here was making it up, how would you or the police know? They don't try to sort it out in the field, they arrest the accused, prepare their (often falsified) reports and turn it over to the District Attorneys to prosecute.
Nothing at this point reveals guilt or innocence.

My sincere and heartfelt feelings go out to all involved for what in every circumstance is a horrible situation.
And now your credibly has gone into the toilet.

Old
05-22-2010, 01:35 PM
sueroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
To your first point, It is alleged that his daughter woke up with her dad's hand down her pants, until it is proven in a court of law it might not have happened as far as I am concerned, in other words, I want to hear what actually happened in court before I believe what has been reported.

As to the boundaries issue, I guess it is different for different people, in my family we simply don't try to sexualize something that is innocent unless there is a reason to, I guess I thought all families where the same way and it makes me sad to think other wise.
I don't think that most of us think oh i don't want to sleep with my Dad, that would be sexual, and no need to feel sad, i had a warm, affectionate relationship with my Dad and had no worries thankfully about sexualized behaivours at that time in my life. Everyone has different boundaries which are developed and a sense of physical boundaries is not something that is unhealty. It is just different, and yes there might be times when a father and daughter share a bed, i just have a different feeling on that-again different values.

Quote:
With my niece, the reason that we slept head to toe was that she was reading and needed the lamp so I slept with my head at the other end. If she was going right to sleep I wouldn't have given it another thought, and still won't to sleep with my head at the same end as hers.
I guess i misunderstood-it was probably because you said it wasn't the best situation, we did it out of necessity and we slept head to feet. It sounded like you were developing some healthy boundaries around the situation. Oh and the fact that you are a newfie explains everything! (just kidding, Newfoundland rocks)

Quote:
There would never be any sexual intent between me and any family member (other than my wife) so I would simply never consider it as a possibility and as such will never think it wrong.
It is hard to imagine that as a possibility but because of what i do i know far to often things happen that i could not imagine ever occuring within my own family.

Quote:
You appear to be assuming that the reports that we have read up to this point have even a shred of truth in them and I believe that we are lied to so often by the media that you can't trust any of it. I will wait until a court of law establishes innocence or guilt before I make up my mind.
I agree, i have seen the media embellish the story or fill in the blanks more than once. At the same time i am sure they are just reporting straight from the police report at this point. Arrest has been made and here are the charges. Perhaps its my experience in the area of abuse, but i have also been lied to by what appears to be very decent, charming individuals, who are not at all who they are cracked up to be, and can admit i am a little jaded. I agree we have to wait to hear all the facts presented once in court, if it even gets that far.

Old
05-22-2010, 02:19 PM
socalpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Since nobody knows anything, I think the best thing we can do is...

...make jokes!

I'll start: I never realized MH was from Kentucky!
Mark was just trying to play a game " Hide the Hardy"

Old
05-22-2010, 02:59 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

This whole thing seems so weird. If Hardy is this pervert and has been molesting his daughter for years, then why go to the police now over this one act? There are all kinds of psychological implications concerning the daughter. Perhaps she graduated college, felt a sense of independence and freedom, and thought now was the time to come forward about years of abuse...? I'm grasping at straws here. The circumstances surrounding this whole thing are very strange.

It honestly sounds to me like they were all way too drunk and Hardy made an embarrassing and stupid mistake.

Funny, relevant anecdote:

I have a fiance today that I've been with for over five years. When we were much younger and first together we partied a lot, she brought her girlfriends and me my dudes. We were all partying one night - I think I had easily killed a fifth of Jack all by myself - and I ended up passing out on the floor with my (future) fiance on my left and her friend on my right. I suppose, although I don't really remember, I reached over and started messing around with, who I thought, was my girlfriend. Turned out it was her friend and my drunk ass rolled over on the wrong side. Suffice it to say, I sobered up really fast and had a lot of damage control to do next morning, but it was an honest mistake and we were all just a little too drunk.

So for what it's worth, that's what alcohol can do to a man.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:12 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
This whole thing seems so weird. If Hardy is this pervert and has been molesting his daughter for years, then why go to the police now over this one act? There are all kinds of psychological implications concerning the daughter. Perhaps she graduated college, felt a sense of independence and freedom, and thought now was the time to come forward about years of abuse...? I'm grasping at straws here. The circumstances surrounding this whole thing are very strange.

It honestly sounds to me like they were all way too drunk and Hardy made an embarrassing and stupid mistake.

I have a fiance today that I've been with for over five years. When we were much younger and first together we partied a lot, she brought her girlfriends and me my dudes. We were all partying one night - I think I had easily killed a fifth of Jack all by myself - and I ended up passing out on the floor with my (future) fiance on my left and her friend on my right. I suppose, although I don't really remember, I reached over and started messing around with, who I thought, was my girlfriend. Turned out it was her friend and my drunk ass rolled over on the wrong side. Suffice it to say, I sobered up really fast and had a lot of damage control to do next morning, but it was an honest mistake and we were all just a little too drunk.

Yeah, sure, it was the alcohol, uh huh.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:26 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yeah, sure, it was the alcohol, uh huh.

Old
05-22-2010, 05:27 PM
DickArmy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Oh boy, this is going to be a fun clean subject to discuss >.< Hopefully this all works out and is nothing but a crazy girl doing crazy girl things, because I don't think we can afford to lose him. He is the most important assistant next to Ranford in my opinion. If only we had someone to coach the forwards like we do defense and goaltending...
Screw that. I don't care how good a coach Hardy is, if he sexually assaulted anybody (let alone his daughter) in anyway (groping to ****), whether drunk or not, I dont want him involved in the Kings organization in anyway. Justice needs to be served.

Old
05-22-2010, 05:41 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Hardy got biblical.

Old
05-22-2010, 06:38 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

You just wanted some different *****, and I don't blame you.

Old
05-22-2010, 08:05 PM
waynesimmonsfan

I tend to agree with those who have said that this was likely a case of mistaken identity on Mark Hardy's part after a night of excessive drinking with his daughter. This scenario is implied from what we have heard from various media sources over the last 24 hours. It also appears that Mr. Hardy's daughter went to the front desk of the hotel in panic and shock but did not go to the police herself.

Looking at the Facebook pages of the mother, daughter and son in this family, they seem like your typical American family (although with much more money than most) and this family will now be forever changed by this one incident. The daughter should now be experiencing one of the greatest moments of her life having graduated from university but this great event will now forever be tarnished by this terrible incident.

Let this be a lesson to everyone that nothing and I mean absolutely nothing good can come out of excessive alcohol consumption. Humans are resilient and maybe this family can overcome this incident but it will take a very long time. All four members of this family have been profoundly affected and it is hard to envision that Mark Hardy will be able to continue his NHL coaching career after this. What a terribly sad case that this is.

Old
05-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Fripp

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalpuck View Post
Mark was just trying to play a game " Hide the Hardy"
Took a while for a name joke, but it was worth it wait.

Old
05-22-2010, 08:52 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Am I the only one who's curious to know what the daughter looks like?

Old
05-22-2010, 08:59 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Thanx Bobby! You and Surly do a great job!

Now, can you or Surly get me the pic of what she was wearing when she was allegedly molested by Mark? If you have the video, even better.

In regards to the pic, I think she's cute.

Edit: Dang, she's taller than her dad.

Old
05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Error 404.

Old
05-23-2010, 12:04 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Error 404.
http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/w-voll...jessica00.html

Old
05-23-2010, 12:13 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Am I the only one who's curious to know what the daughter looks like?
You and Telos....rather Luke....

Old
05-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I'm so drunk right now. . I feel like touching Mark Hardy's daughter . . . WOOOAHHHHHHHH

Old
05-23-2010, 08:26 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesimmonsfan View Post
I tend to agree with those who have said that this was likely a case of mistaken identity on Mark Hardy's part after a night of excessive drinking with his daughter. This scenario is implied from what we have heard from various media sources over the last 24 hours. It also appears that Mr. Hardy's daughter went to the front desk of the hotel in panic and shock but did not go to the police herself.

Looking at the Facebook pages of the mother, daughter and son in this family, they seem like your typical American family (although with much more money than most) and this family will now be forever changed by this one incident. The daughter should now be experiencing one of the greatest moments of her life having graduated from university but this great event will now forever be tarnished by this terrible incident.

Let this be a lesson to everyone that nothing and I mean absolutely nothing good can come out of excessive alcohol consumption. Humans are resilient and maybe this family can overcome this incident but it will take a very long time. All four members of this family have been profoundly affected and it is hard to envision that Mark Hardy will be able to continue his NHL coaching career after this. What a terribly sad case that this is.
He drank of his own free will and shouldn't be exonerated from responsibility for his own actions.

I've been **** faced plenty of times, unable to walk straight without crashing and I've yet to have mistaken identity of who I was dealing with. While the tongue is perhaps looser and the hands more willing to touch, unless you're blacked out you know what you're doing.

Alcohol is just a convenient excuse.

Old
05-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Johnny Utah

No matter how drunk I've gotten, I would never wake up and throw game at my mom, cousin or sibling.

Old
05-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Hey boys

Here is a Q & A with a local, experienced D.C. criminal law lawyer about Hardy's arrest and case. It may help answer some questions you have.

http://lakingsnews.com/2010/05/22/q-...d-prosecution/

Old
05-23-2010, 12:30 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Well if Mark Hardy is suspended and Jamie Kompon's contract is up, it looks like we're going to have 2 brand new assistant coaches.

Matthew Barry mentioned Rick Tocchet's name.. hmmm

Quote:
I keep hearing Rick Tocchet’s name come up for a coaching position. Jamie Kompon’s contract is up – he’s appreciated and loved by Lombardi as one of “the hardest working coaches in the business”, but if you have a chance to grab RT, you do it.
Sorry to go off topic lol

Old
05-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Too many roosters in the house with Tocchet, not to mention I don't like him.

Old
05-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Don't want Tocchet, and I really hope they don't renew Kompon.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
05-23-2010, 12:54 PM
waynesimmonsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
No matter how drunk I've gotten, I would never wake up and throw game at my mom, cousin or sibling.
It is difficult to understand how Hardy could have made this mistake. From all that I have read, it appears as though the Hardy family had a suite at that hotel with multiple bedrooms. Hardy's wife was probably in one bedroom and the daughter in another. Hardy will likely say that he was so inebriated that he went into the wrong room by accident. Hardy, and perhaps the rest of his family, will certainly have to examine their drinking habits as that seems to be a root cause of all that has happened.

As for Rick Tocchet, he has his own skeletons in regards to gambling, but the hockey world really rallied around him and he continues to get work. The hockey world, on the other hand, especially in Canada, has been conspicuously silent on Mark Hardy.

Closed Thread