HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From Hawks fan (cont'd)...

Old
05-22-2010, 08:16 PM
99 steps
to the top

vCash: 500
From Hawks fan (cont'd)...

Now up 3-0 in the WCF and (absent a complete collapse) advancing further, the Preds certainly posed the most dangerous challenge to the Hawks this playoffs. Hawks fans know/knew the Canucks/Sharks would ultimately beat themselves somehow. We never had that feeling from the Preds. You guys truly made the Hawks work to win. And you don't need me to remind you how close the result could have gone the other way...

So don't change much of anything -- except add one more elite offensive player -- and the Preds may still be playing this time next year.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:25 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Thanks for the kind words. It is appreciated. It's funny, I was thinking this last night, two years ago when Detroit won the Cup, we gave them their best run for their money. If you guys win it, which I think you will at this point, we did the same. Glad we could bring the best out in you guys in your quest. I'm still a little bitter about our loss but it's more towards our own team than your own. Some of your guys have really impressed me, mostly Keith, Buff and Toews. I also have to say Niemi is the real deal. Good luck the rest of the way, your organization has done a great job of turning it around from the top down. You guys could be the next Detroit.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
So don't change much of anything -- except add one more elite offensive player.
One more? Are you eluding that we do have an elite offensive player? Part two: it's aint easy to add an offensive player. Generally speaking, but especially with our budget and current contracts.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
One more? Are you eluding that we do have an elite offensive player? Part two: it's aint easy to add an offensive player. Generally speaking, but especially with our budget and current contracts.
What about Jason Arnott?
Thanks for the kind words, though. It's appreciated around here, a little class goes a long way and as far as popular teams go you guys are Class A. Good luck in the finals.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Soundgarden

Thanks, all of the Hawks fans I've met during the run were pure class.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:25 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Don't take my comment the wrong way because I appreciate the thought behind the post, but being the only team to give Chicago a run this year (much like being the only team to give Detroit a run a couple of years ago) doesn't change the fact that our boys are golfing right now instead of playing late-May hockey. I'm still pulling for the other guys. Thanks for the thought, though.

edit: "pulling for the other guys" only applies to Western conference play offs. Seeing as how I HATE the fans in Montreal and Philly, I have to pull for Chicago (or, as unlikely as it is, San Jose) in the Cup finals.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Thanks, all of the Hawks fans I've met during the run were pure class.
It was pretty hard to hate them, as much as I tried. Can't hate guys like Toews or Kane.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:36 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
It was pretty hard to hate them, as much as I tried. Can't hate guys like Toews or Kane.
Oh I HATE Kane. I have trouble hating Toews, but it still happens. Kane just comes across as a cocky little ****, and I grant myself permission to use the taxi cab story. I hate that little kid, and I always will. I have a bottle of Maker's unopened for the day he retires or stops playing hockey for any other reason.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:48 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Wow, I chalked the taxi thing as kids being kids, I was never perfect so I don't hold anyone to that standard.

I like Kane and Toews, not much on Hossa though, and I think the most underrated player on that team is Sharp...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:56 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Wow, I chalked the taxi thing as kids being kids, I was never perfect so I don't hold anyone to that standard.

I like Kane and Toews, not much on Hossa though, and I think the most underrated player on that team is Sharp...
Pretty spot on. Sharp has always been a Preds killer. Kane is a ton of fun to watch. To be so young and be able to slow the game down the way he does is amazing to watch. Then you watch the epitome of all around player and leader in Toews and that's a joy as well. Reminds me of a young Yzerman. I also have to say, watching Buff realize some of his potential has been pretty amazing and Duncan Keith has kicked it up a few notches. I think it was game 3 against us where I really noticed the jump in his game. He reads the play so well. Shame we're gonna be facing a bunch of these guys for a long time. Good luck in the finals.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote