HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Radulov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2004, 12:59 PM
  #1
Dgrohl8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Radulov

I just got done watching some tape on this guy and we have to trade up and get him because i have a feeling he is goin to be something special and in a perfect world we make a trade for a third first round pick and get
Shremp/Ladd
Radulov
Chipcura

Dgrohl8 is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 01:02 PM
  #2
rnyquist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
I'd even be willing to take him #6, he's going to be that good.

rnyquist is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 01:27 PM
  #3
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
He would be a fine pick and my pick at #6...As much upsdide as anybody in the draft..Gotta do the homework though to make sure his headbutting with his coach is more of a result of a stubborn teenager and not a snotty, problem child...

Larry Melnyk is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 02:02 PM
  #4
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Can't take him ahead of either Barker or Ladd. Probably not ahead of Schremp either.

True Blue is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 02:14 PM
  #5
rnyquist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
The thing with Radulov is that, yes he is a selfish player, his way or the highway, BUT he's not lazy, he's VERY VERY passionate but he's also not a golden boy who only plays in the limelight, it just means he thinks he's right about certain situations, yes he's a challenge but the talent, is up there with so so many others, his upside could be greater than Olesz or Malkin

rnyquist is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 02:21 PM
  #6
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
The thing with Radulov is that, yes he is a selfish player, his way or the highway, BUT he's not lazy, he's VERY VERY passionate but he's also not a golden boy who only plays in the limelight, it just means he thinks he's right about certain situations, yes he's a challenge but the talent, is up there with so so many others, his upside could be greater than Olesz or Malkin
So basically the attitude that he has is similar to Bobby Holik's?

By the way Grohl, which game that Radulov played in did you watch?

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 02:24 PM
  #7
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Can't take him ahead of either Barker or Ladd. Probably not ahead of Schremp either.
To each his own, I take him over all three, especially Schremp and Barker (I would take Thelen over Barker)...If we didn't draft Jessiman and alot of big boys the past year or two, I would probazbly lean to Ladd or Tukonen...And if either is picked instead of Radulov, that's fine too

nyrquist - I agree alot about Radulov but he really isn't a selfish player, he's just hard-headed and thinks he knows more then the coach sometimes...On the ice, almost everybody says he is the catalyst that makes what ever line he plays on go...A great puck handler and a great passer.....

Larry Melnyk is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 03:54 PM
  #8
rnyquist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
To each his own, I take him over all three, especially Schremp and Barker (I would take Thelen over Barker)...If we didn't draft Jessiman and alot of big boys the past year or two, I would probazbly lean to Ladd or Tukonen...And if either is picked instead of Radulov, that's fine too

nyrquist - I agree alot about Radulov but he really isn't a selfish player, he's just hard-headed and thinks he knows more then the coach sometimes...On the ice, almost everybody says he is the catalyst that makes what ever line he plays on go...A great puck handler and a great passer.....

by selfish i merely meant that he's hard-headed and that its his way or the highway. Trust me this kid, he's quite the talent, and hardly a stretch to take him #6, he might in fact be a steal at #6

rnyquist is offline  
Old
05-13-2004, 04:02 PM
  #9
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
I saw Radulov in the under 18 world championship where Russia beat Canada in the semi finals. Radulov had 3 assists. He looked pretty damn good in that game. He's got the Alex Kovalev type of skills. He's very thrilling to watch. I saw several Dynamo games but he was only in one. I guess he played most of his games with the junior club. Anyway, he didn't do anything in that game. He didn't play much. From what I hear about him he's got the all world skill package. He's a definite consideration for the 6th pick. And if he gets nabbed in the top 5 then either Ladd, Barker or Olezs should slip to us. It's a no lose situation picking at 6... at least it should be.

HockeyBurd* is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 06:20 AM
  #10
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
I'll be honest with you, if Ladd is off the board I seriously consider Thelen. This kid makes my priliminary ranking of him seem like an insult.

As for Schremp, he's really falling like a rock in my eyes.

Funny how the tide goes. He started off disappointed,got hot to finish the season and EVERYONE jumped on his bandwagon and then his playoffs silenced everyone.

Personal favorites for the number 5 spot:

Ladd
Thelen
Picard

Edge is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 07:39 AM
  #11
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I'll be honest with you, if Ladd is off the board I seriously consider Thelen. This kid makes my priliminary ranking of him seem like an insult.

As for Schremp, he's really falling like a rock in my eyes.

Funny how the tide goes. He started off disappointed,got hot to finish the season and EVERYONE jumped on his bandwagon and then his playoffs silenced everyone.

Personal favorites for the number 5 spot:

Ladd
Thelen
Picard
Would you really take Picard that high? We might be able to move up into the mid/early teens and nab him...

Bird Law is online now  
Old
05-14-2004, 08:09 AM
  #12
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Some of the "mock drafts" have him slipping into the high single digits. Frankly, if, as some people have said, the Ranger brass isn't high on Radulov, Tukonen, or Wolski, and aren't looking for a goalie, players like Thelen and Picard start looking a lot more attractive at #6

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 08:12 AM
  #13
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Besides, if we really like Picard, but think he should rightly be drafted later, there is always the possibility of trading down. We could couple it with a move to trade up from #25/26.

Anyway, here's my list of players for us, in order

Ovechkin
Malkin
Olesz
Barker
Ladd
Thelen
Picard

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 10:37 AM
  #14
Dgrohl8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
So basically the attitude that he has is similar to Bobby Holik's?

By the way Grohl, which game that Radulov played in did you watch?

under 18 world championships russia vs canada he had 3 assists i believe

Dgrohl8 is offline  
Old
05-14-2004, 11:22 AM
  #15
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
under 18 world championships russia vs canada he had 3 assists i believe
Malkin & Voloshenko played great that game as well.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.