HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nabokov done in San Jose?

Old
05-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Enjoy giving about a 1st 2nd and 3rd plus paying top dollar.
I'm thinking 1st and 3rd would get him.

$3,013,434 to $4,520,150

Anything over 3.5 mill for Price, Habs would be ******** to match, especially with the raise that Halak will get this offseason.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 07:43 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

vCash: 500
Something has to break in Montreal. I think Halak gets the contract, and Price will be up for sale.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 07:49 AM
tony d
Come along, Bort.

I agree with the Dan Ellis option. He could be had for cheap. Nabby's done a lot for San Jose but he didn't take them to the next level. I think Ellis could be had for 2.5 million a season. Nabby's cap hit was 5.5 million. So the Sharks have 3 million left over to add another player or 2.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 07:52 AM
rawpagans

They aren't gonna let Nabby go. I am thinking a 2 year deal. Nabby played way more games in the regular season than he should. he is a 60 games at most guy. I think they keep him but is they do let him go Griess is the man. Couple him with Ellis and you have a much better tandom.

rawpagans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:02 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Ok, so we'll just offer sheet him. Sure, he's psyched to sit on the bench.

What would the Sharks need to add to get MaxPac, too?
Build a time machine and prevent Doug Wilson from trading the pick for Rivet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
I wont to this trade but price it's all about potentiel , and maxpac has nothing proven yet and he is projected to be a 3rd liner
Price has proven he's an NHL goalie and is inconsistent at a young age. You would probably do the trade straight up for Steve Mason and the kid has shown the same deficiencies as Carey.

And MaxPac has more than 3rd line potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPavs8Cluthcy View Post
He brings grit, toughness, good play in all zones, good in the playoffs, and is good physically, not afraid to drop the gloves, and fights well.
Good for him, should I give him a cookie?

If this is the package the Sharks realistically expect for Clowe, they can keep him and sign Ellis.

Remember your team is one that has very limited cap space, so to add Price and Pacioretty would mean a lot more than you think to Wilson. I'm pretty sure Gauthier is aware too.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post

Now I heard rumors Setoguchi is a possible trade bait in San Jose. Donning my Sharks cap, I believe trading him is insanity, however donning my Habs cap, I would offer nigh anything on the roster to pick up that kid. Actually the only two I that would be untradeable would be Cammalleri and Markov. Granted I would even consider Markov.
You call it insanity, I call it necessity. I didn't like the pick 5 years ago because of his inconsistency and he has given me no reason to change that stance. He is streaky personified. Only thing I like about him is that his nickname is Gooch.

He is one of the first names I'd put on the chopping block.

05-22-2010, 10:10 AM
FanHabtic

The Rivet trade really worked out well for the Habs. Josh Gorges has emerged as a top-4 d-man and a leader on the habs. MaxPac will be a full-time member of the team next season.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice View Post
You call it insanity, I call it necessity. I didn't like the pick 5 years ago because of his inconsistency and he has given me no reason to change that stance. He is streaky personified. Only thing I like about him is that his nickname is Gooch.

He is one of the first names I'd put on the chopping block.
I agree he is streaky however he is still young and with a fairly large upside. If Setoguchi is on the chopping block, it would not be at all surprising Montreal attempts to reel him out of San Jose.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote