HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Every NHL Team for Kaberle

Old
05-22-2010, 01:22 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

vCash: 500
I know I will get flamed for this, but how about:

Tor:
Kassian
Stafford

Buf:
A signed Kaberle (roughly 4 million per season). He will play for Buffalo if traded there.

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 01:36 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
I agree with my fellow Canucks fan - Kaberle had a lackadaisical season and his value has plummeted - last year maybe we give up Raymond, this year you'd be lucky to get any interest - other issues between the teams aside - at all.
Absoloutely; 8th highest scoring defenceman in the NHL last year on the 29th team in the NHL with poor offesnive stats. Very asstute observation. There are Leaf fans that do overvalue Kaberle, but a first and top 6 winger isn't far fetched IMO. I can see Buffalo, New Jersey and Anaheim being likely destinations. It will all be over soon; it seems there is a deal in place with kaberle already (interviews with Nonis alludes to this).

New Liskeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Would the Ducks trade Chris Pronger for Kaberle and a later 2009 first? Because that's what that deal amounts to -- Anaheim Ducks traded Chris Pronger and Ryan Dingle to the Philadelphia Flyers for Joffrey Lupul, Luca Sbisa, a 1st round selection in 2009, a 1st round selection in 2010 and a conditional round selection in 2010 or 2011.

Toronto gets the bold players/picks.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:40 PM
New Liskeard

Lupul and a first is fair IMO, not sure how he is doing health wise though.

Old
05-22-2010, 02:42 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
Absoloutely; 8th highest scoring defenceman in the NHL last year on the 29th team in the NHL with poor offesnive stats. Very asstute observation. There are Leaf fans that do overvalue Kaberle, but a first and top 6 winger isn't far fetched IMO. I can see Buffalo, New Jersey and Anaheim being likely destinations. It will all be over soon; it seems there is a deal in place with kaberle already (interviews with Nonis alludes to this).
great post.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:44 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

vCash: 50
avs say no thank you to trading away mueller and a 1st or a second, mueller was one of our best players once we acquired him.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:46 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Not a chance the Caps do that deal. Fehr's a possibility, but only if he doesn't fit due to salary constraints.

Adding Alzner and a 2nd? No way.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
No thanks from Avs perspective. A trade for Kaberle has to involve Liles and maybe a pick, but no to trading our young forwards.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:16 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
No thanks from Avs perspective. A trade for Kaberle has to involve Liles and maybe a pick, but no to trading our young forwards.
won't happen then, toronto needs a forward(s) coming back for kaberle.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Jedgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Not even sure where to begin with this one..... other than saying that the Leafs wouldn't consider 80% of those packages because they don't actually make teh team better going forward....the only ones in the remote realm of reality (from a leaf perspective)

Washington - Fehr, CARLSON (no need for Alzner), 2nd

Too bad it doesn't make sense for any of those teams.
Washington wouldn't trade Carlson for Kaberle straight up. They also probably wouldn't trade Fehr for Kaberle. Fehr, Carlson, and a 2nd is a disgusting overpayment.

Jedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Lupul and a first is fair IMO, not sure how he is doing health wise though.
Much closer for sure, still not sure id do it even though the first is bottom four. Putting Sbisa in there is rediculous, no Ducks fan would trade Sbisa for Kaberle straight up, let along with Lupes and a first

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I doubt the Canucks move Raymond alone for Kaberle, let alone adding an ideal bottom 6 forward and a 1 st round pick, what a joke.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:46 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Much closer for sure, still not sure id do it even though the first is bottom four. Putting Sbisa in there is rediculous, no Ducks fan would trade Sbisa for Kaberle straight up, let along with Lupes and a first
Lupul, Sbisa and a first for Kaberle is really far fetched. What is the word on Neidermayer and Selanne out there, and Lupul?

Old
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
that is pretty close, the problem is lupul is a huge risk for the leafs and anaheim. hopefully he works out where ever he goes or stays.

Lupul set sights on 2010-11: The Orange County Register reports Ducks RW Joffrey Lupul (back) is holding out for a "minor miracle" that he will be able to play again this season, but reality is starting to set in and it appears the veteran winger is setting his sights on a return during the 2010-11 season. "To be back out there is obviously a big step in the right direction," Lupul said. "I haven't been cleared for any contact or anything like that and I won't be during the regular season. The doctors made that clear to me. It's frustrating in that sense. Even when I get myself feeling better here, I probably won't be able to get back and help the guys."
(Updated 03/23/2010).

Old
05-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Lupul, Sbisa and a first for Kaberle is really far fetched. What is the word on Neidermayer and Selanne out there, and Lupul?
i think Lupuls future could depend on what Selanne does. Ive heard so many rumors in each direction about both Neids and Selanne Im really not sure what both will do lol. If selanne comes back, one of Lupul or Blake needs to be moved imo, and lupul has more value.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
that is pretty close, the problem is lupul is a huge risk for the leafs and anaheim. hopefully he works out where ever he goes or stays.
you're definitely right lupul is a risk. guy had some terrible luck last year, getting the infection, but all signs point to him being healthy in 10-11. You guys can always take blake back if you want a "sure thing"

Old
05-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Quote:
you're definitely right lupul is a risk. guy had some terrible luck last year, getting the infection, but all signs point to him being healthy in 10-11. You guys can always take blake back if you want a "sure thing"
Only if you take Finger.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
With all these Kaberle proposals the over the last 25 years..................

can anyone give me a good reason why the Leafs should trade Kaberle,
not to mention why anyone would trade for him ?????????

case a) he is a real #1 defender......... no GM wiht half a brain trades his #1 defender away.

case b) he isn't a true #1 defender, so why would any GM give more than a 2nd rounder for 1 year of Kaberle.

please help me out here, i'm going nuts wiht these Kaberle offers

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:14 PM
NeilYoung

Hell no to the caps deal

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:14 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
With all these Kaberle proposals the over the last 25 years..................

case a) he is a real #1 defender......... no GM wiht half a brain trades his #1 defender away.

case b) he isn't a true #1 defender, so why would any GM give more than a 2nd rounder for 1 year of Kaberle.

please help me out here, i'm going nuts wiht these Kaberle offers
case a - we have a tone of depth on the blue line, we can afford it for the right return.

case b - he is a premier pmd, well worth a top 6 and a mid 1st at minimum if a team needs that.

Old
05-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post
avs say no thank you to trading away mueller and a 1st or a second, mueller was one of our best players once we acquired him.
Kaberle makes no sense for the Avs anyway, so whatever's being requested in exchange is irrelevant. The Avs are rebuilding, Kaberle is on the other side of 30, word is he wants to stay in the east and a good percentage of the Avs top defensive prospects are PMD types. I can't see the Avs being all that interested, let alone at the cost of Mueller and a 1st or 2nd.

Kudos to Leaf fan for not asking for Chris Stewart for a change though.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:18 PM
New Liskeard

[QUOTE=Kurrilino;25950729]With all these Kaberle proposals the over the last 25 years..................

please help me out here, i'm going nuts wiht these Kaberle offers[/QUOTE]

Here's some advice for you, stop looking at Kaberle proposals if they bother you so much. You do have that ability don't you. Why do teams give up more than a second round pick for players at the trade deadline? All this talk of trading assets for 1 year of Kaberle is non sense, if that were the case there would never be a UFA beacuse it is a lost asset, and UFA signings which cost nothing but cap space allows for an asset to be aquired.

Old
05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallyLeafs View Post
I know I will get flamed for this, but how about:

Tor:
Kassian
Stafford

Buf:
A signed Kaberle (roughly 4 million per season). He will play for Buffalo if traded there.
Honest question, why do you think Kaberle is going to sign for $4 million? He's just played several years on a bargain contract and is going to take a paycut on his next one? Not seeing it, especially with the going rate for defensemen these days.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:25 PM
New Liskeard

[QUOTE=Kurrilino;25950729]With all these Kaberle proposals the over the last 25 years..................

please help me out here, i'm going nuts wiht these Kaberle offers[/QUOTE]

Here's some advice for you, stop looking at Kaberle proposals if they bother you so much. You do have that ability don't you. Why do teams give up more than a second round pick for players at the trade deadline? All this talk of trading assets for 1 year of Kaberle is non sense, if that were the case there would never be a UFA beacuse it is a lost asset, and UFA signings which cost nothing but cap space allows for an asset to be aquired.

Old
05-22-2010, 04:30 PM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by number11 View Post
So since he is the most mentioned trade proposal on this site
I decided to make a quick list of every team and what the leafs
should be asking for:

Tampa - Kaberle