HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

The sad state of Swedish coaching

Old
05-22-2010, 11:24 AM
1992LuckyTown

vCash: 500
The sad state of Swedish coaching

I am so feed up with the social Coaching by Swedish Coaches we have good teams in the WC juniors , Olympics and WC (even if it is the c-team) i am feed up can we please get north American Coaches how play the best players more and play hot players more.

This is a big problem because i feel that BS Coaching is stopping Sweden from winning at all levels of international play.

a perfect Swedish BÅG Coach how will be succeeded by the man how messed up the Junior team typical Swedish Social appointment.

Now that we fixed the junior system and the way they train, it is time to change Swedish Coaching!!!!!

1992LuckyTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Afro Thunder*

Truly one of the dumbest coaches to ever coach in the game.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:56 AM
TheHMan

I don't think Marts is anywhere near as bad as BAG. Marts actually leaned on players who were producing relatively well, and he made some adjustments over the last two tournaments which was really helpful for Sweden. You can always say that you'd want better results, but considering the talent that's been coming out of North America lately (and that the tournaments have been played on small ice the last while), Sweden hasn't really done poorly at the Juniors.

BAG was way overdue for the boot though, I don't think there was anything that was redeemable about the guy. I even get pissed off at him because he has this character in his initials that I can't get on my keyboard!

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Polcirkeln

Of course. Just ignore the fact that BÅG is the only coach that has taken a national team to six consecutive semi-finals in the world championships. No other country has ever done that before.

Sweden was better than the Czechs today and should've put the game out of reach before the last five minutes. But to blame it on ONE damn timeout? Give me a break...

Polcirkeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcirkeln View Post
Of course. Just ignore the fact that BÅG is the only coach that has taken a national team to six consecutive semi-finals in the world championships. No other country has ever done that before.

Sweden was better than the Czechs today and should've put the game out of reach before the last five minutes. But to blame it on ONE damn timeout? Give me a break...
Yes and ignore the fact that he had one of the best generation of hockey players ever to work with, the credit for that goes to others, not BÅG

05-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcirkeln View Post
Yes you can, one play changes everything in hockey and look at the end result.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 01:33 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

There's was nothing wrong with the timeout. This time the blame must be put on the players. They should have finished the game in 2nd period.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 01:42 PM
gmaledotcom

BÅG is gone since this was his last game and all his coaching since and including the Olympics shows why. Not because of the timeout like some of you seem to insinuate.

gmaledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Reds4Life

BAG won Olympic gold, how can you bash him so much. He has had his fair share of success.

Reds4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 01:51 PM
gmaledotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
BAG won Olympic gold, how can you bash him so much. He has had his fair share of success.
It's only this year he has been beyond horrible, I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. And I'd say having these 2 guys on the team didn't hurt either.

gmaledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Yes and ignore the fact that he had one of the best generation of hockey players ever to work with, the credit for that goes to others, not BÅG
Couldn't agree more.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Crazyhorse

Hear, hear. BÅG had the best swedish generation ever, and messed up several times. And yes, the game today was lost because of one, decisive play.

Finally we get a coach that hasn't his head up his ass. I hope you enjoy Arbetsförnedringen, BÅG.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:19 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

You are talking like the Swedish squad have been superior to every other nations. In 2006 both Canda and Russia had amazing players.
Sure BÅG has done some weird coaching, but his track record can't be denied.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Like Wall
I am Registered User

If only Latvia had such "bad" coaching. Not only our coaching staff is on amateur level, our Hockey Federation leadership consists of corrupt baboons, that aren't capable of saying "no" to a lame coach.

Like Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:30 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Wall View Post
If only Latvia had such "bad" coaching. Not only our coaching staff is on amateur level, our Hockey Federation leadership consists of corrupt baboons, that aren't capable of saying "no" to a lame coach.
I take snorlax or whatever his name is anyday over BÅG

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Wetcoaster

Player selection and line composition was little baffling for the Olympics. Samuelsson snubbed and then saddling the Sedins with One-Eyed Mattias Weinhandl.

Weinhandl has proved over the years that he cannot play in the NHL and on NHL sized rinks. His selection was a head scratcher.

And not having either Edler or Hedman as younger D to bring along was also surprising.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:04 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Player selection and line composition was little baffling for the Olympics. Samuelsson snubbed and then saddling the Sedins with One-Eyed Mattias Weinhandl.

Weinhandl has proved over the years that he cannot play in the NHL and on NHL sized rinks. His selection was a head scratcher.

And not having either Edler or Hedman as younger D to bring along was also surprising.
regardless what people say, par marts will be an upgrade.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992LuckyTown View Post
I am so feed up with the social Coaching by Swedish Coaches we have good teams in the WC juniors , Olympics and WC (even if it is the c-team) i am feed up can we please get north American Coaches how play the best players more and play hot players more.

This is a big problem because i feel that BS Coaching is stopping Sweden from winning at all levels of international play.

a perfect Swedish BÅG Coach how will be succeeded by the man how messed up the Junior team typical Swedish Social appointment.

Now that we fixed the junior system and the way they train, it is time to change Swedish Coaching!!!!!
Excuses, excuses. And people say Canadians are the only ones who do that?

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:12 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecyferDown View Post
what excuse? Swedish coaches are known for being stupid.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
It seems to be a valid criticism based upon what even observers from outside Sweden have noted.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipethesniper View Post
what excuse? Swedish coaches are known for being stupid.
The OP said the coaching is the reason why Sweden doesn't win; that's an excuse. If a Canadian used an excuse like that, most people would be quick to label them a whiner and a sore loser.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
It seems to be a valid criticism based upon what even observers from outside Sweden have noted.
exactly, our coach was criticized waaaay before this tournament.

Quote:
The OP said the coaching is the reason why Sweden doesn't win; that's an excuse. If a Canadian used an excuse like that, most people would be quick to label them a whiner and a sore loser.
the OP made valid remarks about our coach. He benched some of our best players, he used 2 worthless players in the shootout and he played grinders on the PP while our leading scorer sat on the bench.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:23 PM
belgarath

BÅG has been really bad for the entire time in the NT, I put the olympic gold more on the leadership of Lidas and Sundin then on BÅG. His childish attitude in interviews doesn't help either, hope he doesn't get a new coaching job anywhere...

belgarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
It seems a valid criticism.

Old
05-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipethesniper View Post
exactly, our coach was criticized waaaay before this tournament.

the OP made valid remarks about our coach. He benched some of our best players, he used 2 worthless players in the shootout and he played grinders on the PP while our leading scorer sat on the bench.
Alright, that's cool. So saying it was unfair for Canada to lose in the 1998 Olympics is valid, too. In the semis, we outplayed the Czechs but the game still stayed tied. We ended up losing the shootout because Marc Crawford didn't choose Gretzky. Canada should have gone on to win that year.