HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa Bay - Vancouver TRADE!

Old
05-22-2010, 02:13 PM
carlweezer*

vCash: 500
Tampa Bay - Vancouver TRADE!

To Tampa Bay

Mason Raymond
Kevin Bieksa
(prospect) Taylor Ellington

To Vancouver
Andrej Meszaros
(prospect) Vladimir Mihalik
(prospect) Johan Harju

Reasons:

For Tampa Bay- They pick up a fast young speedy winger in Raymond who is an RFA and will demand below 3 mil. Raymond can play alongside Stamkos or have an all out speed line with St Louis. 24 years old and will be a 30 goal scorer for years to come.

Kevin Bieksa can be used to solidify the Tampa D Core- ( Hedman, Ohlund, Bieksa, Ranger, Walker, Lashoff) and Wishart coming up in the near future. Bieksa also brings in a much needed grit that is only currently provided by Downie.

Ellington is a solid bottom 3 Defender prospect. Big Frame, needs work on skating and positional awareness.

For Vancouver

Meszaros had an awful year (17 pts, -14, 81 gp). However I think he would be a solid addition to the D-core of the Canucks also freeing up Cap Space to sign others with Bieksa's and Raymond's contract. (3.75 mil and estimated 2.75 mil)

Canucks D Core ( Edler, Ehrhoff, Salo, Meszaros, O'brien RFA)

with the Canucks not resigning Mitchell, Demitra, Johnson, Wellwood, and trading Bieksa and Raymond, they will free up over 15 million of cap space.

Add in the addition of ELC of Hodgson, Grabner and Schroeder and Meszaros's salaray they will still have 10 million dollar cap space for Free Agent Dmen.

Canucks also recieve Mihalik, an underpeforming young, big defensive prospect. Mihalik hasa huge boom or bust potential in him and the Canucks can certainly use his big 6-7 frame in a year or two.

Harju is a hulking winger at 6'3 that can compliment the undersized Schroeder, Hodgson and Rodin Canuck prospects coming up in the pipeline. Harju is a strong player with a crisp shot, scouts would love it if he used his size more tho as he is very strong on his skates.

carlweezer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:29 PM
kanuck87

There's no way we have to give up Raymond to get Meszaros. Tampa may just be happy to get rid of his contract. 4 million for 4 more season. No thanks.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Canucker

I like the idea of Meszaros and suggested it before, he's a guy who hasn't performed well in TB and could use a change of scenery. I wouldn't make that deal however, Bieksa + a pick should be adquate.

Canucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:34 PM
GreenPenInk

lol @ ellington being a solid prospect. vancouver overpays regardless. i wouldn't mind giving mez a shot in vancouver but not at the cost of raymond.

GreenPenInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:34 PM
carlweezer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
There's no way we have to give up Raymond to get Meszaros. Tampa may just be happy to get rid of his contract. 4 million for 4 more season. No thanks.
like it or not Meszaros has value, he is 24 yrs old, 6'3 230 lbs..good first pass..have you seen him play or just judging by his numbers? -14 on a bad non playoff team with rookies on defence is not that bad.. he is very solid positionaly and can clear the front of the net. Career high of 29 Assists. 4 million might sound pricey, but he is under contract until 2015

Old
05-22-2010, 02:36 PM
carlweezer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I like the idea of Meszaros and suggested it before, he's a guy who hasn't performed well in TB and could use a change of scenery. I wouldn't make that deal however, Bieksa + a pick should be adquate.
how is this enough? Bieksa is a UFA next year and our lowest pick is 25th overall..

Meszaros is a young talented big defender..Tampa will need more

Old
05-22-2010, 02:41 PM
carlweezer*

Canuck fans do see that Tampa Bay is giving up 2 of their best top 8 prospects..yes Raymond is alot to give up but we are getting value in return plus cap room.

Old
05-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
how is this enough? Bieksa is a UFA next year and our lowest pick is 25th overall..

Meszaros is a young talented big defender..Tampa will need more
His progression has stalled in TB, $4 million per year for 17 points and a -14. I'm not saying he can't turn things around but it's not likely going to be in TB, unless a new coaching staff can turn him around. Bieksa is coming off a miserable season but he still has some value and can add a dimension to TB's back end. Maybe a mid round pick alone doesn't do it, maybe have to add a mid ranged prospect as well but lets not get carried away as to Meszaros value.

Canucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:58 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
like it or not Meszaros has value, he is 24 yrs old, 6'3 230 lbs..good first pass..have you seen him play or just judging by his numbers? -14 on a bad non playoff team with rookies on defence is not that bad.. he is very solid positionaly and can clear the front of the net. Career high of 29 Assists. 4 million might sound pricey, but he is under contract until 2015
He had the worst plus/minus out of all the TB defensemen this season, and he has been totally inept at running the PP, which was one of the main things he was brought to Tampa to do in the first place. I'm not risking 16 million dollar in valuable cap space that his last two seasons were an anomaly. At that money, there are better bets out there.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
To carlweez

Have you watched the play this year? Cause Andrej's there Bieksa.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:58 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

I doubt they move Raymond

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:59 PM
eldiablo17

I wouldn't give up Bieksa alone for him. Meszaros has been declining since he broke into the league and his contract is beyond atrocious. At least Bieksa's UFA next year whereas we would be stuck with Mesz paying him 4 mill to play on out bottom pairing for years to come.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Rschmitz

The Lightning do this deal. Raymond has a lot of value and the Canucks would probably need more going their way; although I still think Mez has good value.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

This is a ridiculous trade. Wouldn't touch it with a pole. Canucks is better without that Tampa package.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 05:33 PM
mstad101

Mez just doesn't seem like the defender we need.
Sure he has size n is a decent puck mover.
He is far from a shut down dman. He doesn't possess any skill we don't already have.
N limits our options going forward.
Vlad Mihalik for a middle of the pack prospect maybe.
But why bother when we just draft one here in a month

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Done. Done. So done.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 06:31 PM
The Pucks

Adding in Mason Raymond makes it a no go for me, Im not sure I would trade Raymond strait up for Meszaros at this point.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 07:57 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I'd do it. We're also looking at plugging in people at the wing position to round out the top nine, so giving up Harju is rough.

Meszaros for Bieksa and a a pick... i'd do it. I think Meszaros will rebound in a big way with proper coaching.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:19 PM
brevard*

Not a fan of the Nucks or Bolts and just sayin.

Overall I think the value in the deal is fair.

A) Ellington appears slow and overmatched now. Hard to see him as an NHLer.

B) Mezaros and Bieksa are a trade off. Both might do better in different surroundings. Mezaros has worse stats but played on a worse team. he is still not as bad in his end as Bieksa is but Bieksa does a little of everything and if he ever gets it right ...
C) Raymond is a major loss but the Nucks would be getting 2 prime prospects back.

What I don't understand is why Vancouver would do it. They (in there position) would be nuts to trade NHL ready for prospects even if the value is fair. They were a Big Buff away from the conference finals. (humor) they need to figure out how to make a bit of improvement to get over that hump not scrap good players for futures.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Staalguy

ok so u guys dont want to give up raymond..... then u would have to give up Jordan Schroeder

He has less value than raymond and helps Tampa by bringing a prospect

also, take out Ellington and TB takes out Harju and then TB adds Alex Killorn, the value was not looking right and this fixes it

That would make the trade

To Tampa Bay

Jordan Schroeder
Kevin Bieksa

To Vancouver
Andrej Meszaros
(prospect)Alex Killorn

Staalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Hawksfan12*

I cant see this working

Maybe Mez + D prospect for Bieksa + Shirokov?

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Staalguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
I cant see this working

Maybe Mez + D prospect for Bieksa + Shirokov?
D-prospect would have to be Matt lashoff then it works because TB needs wing support

Staalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:43 PM
eldiablo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalguy View Post
ok so u guys dont want to give up raymond..... then u would have to give up Jordan Schroeder

He has less value than raymond and helps Tampa by bringing a prospect

also, take out Ellington and TB takes out Harju and then TB adds Alex Killorn, the value was not looking right and this fixes it

That would make the trade

To Tampa Bay

Jordan Schroeder
Kevin Bieksa

To Vancouver
Andrej Meszaros
(prospect)Alex Killorn
In all honesty, I would have no interest in Meszaros. He just makes too much money for what he currently brings. Not a pure shut-down guy which we need and its too much of a cap-concern in case he doesn't pick his game up to where it was a couple years back.

The Canucks need defensemen but there are (currently) 4 or 5 guys with contracts ending who could really help them out next year that the 4 million we would be paying Meszaros could go towards. I would much rather dump Bieksa for picks and prospects if we could get one of them signed and cap space is needed.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:45 PM
jacksonh

I dont see the big trade happening but I could see a minor trade with TB and Vancouver.

Mihalik is someone I've wanted on the Canucks for awhile. I played with him a bit this season in Norfolk and really liked the guy. Admirals actually have a few guys I'd like in the Canucks system. Lashoff, Mihalik, Jackson, and Wishart all have some potential. Obviously I wouldn't give up Raymond for any of these players.

jacksonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonh View Post
I dont see the big trade happening but I could see a minor trade with TB and Vancouver.

Mihalik is someone I've wanted on the Canucks for awhile. I played with him a bit this season in Norfolk and really liked the guy. Admirals actually have a few guys I'd like in the Canucks system. Lashoff, Mihalik, Jackson, and Wishart all have some potential. Obviously I wouldn't give up Raymond for any of these players.
You play for Norfolk

WTF?

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote