HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Players to the NHL after this championship?

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Old Man Jags

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post

I don't know how can anyone have any problems with this.
Mental strentgh and determination are certainly among the traits that help your team in OT or SO but I stick to my belief that these situations can ultimately go either way, especially against strong teams like Finland, Sweden or Canada. Old Man Jags offered some good examples of that.
You can help luck along but ultimately if you don't have it, even good teams can lose. Look at the quarter final that the Czechs lost against the US on penalties at the world champtionship in Prague. Hit the post twice I think? While I take Freaky Euro's point that penalties have to o with skills, there is also lots of luck involved as the players themselves always say. How often have you heard a hockey player (or a football player for that matter) say that a penalty shootout is a lottery?

The Golden Generation was golden but nobody can say they dids not have a little bit of well deserved luck as well. Much like there were years when a Czech team was very unlucky. But history only remembers results a few years later.

Old
06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
teddygmr

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/...geid,4476.html

can we get a translation please?
I believe this is about Endras getting a chance with an NHL team....

Old
06-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

The passage on Endras is as follows:
<<<
Stichwort Dennis Endras Angeblich wollen NHL-Vereine oder Interessenten aus Russland (KHL) den Panther-Torhüter verpflichten, der sich bei der WM ins Rampenlicht gespielt hat. „Wir gehen zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt davon aus, dass er seinen Vertrag erfüllen wird. Wenn er natürlich die Chance seines Lebens bekommt, können wir nichts dagegen tun“, beschreibt der Hauptgesellschafter die Situation.
<<<

It basically says that there is supposedly intrest on behalf of NHL and KHL teams in acquiring Endras, but that Augsburg is currently assuming that he'll fulfill his current contract. Still, Mr. Sigl states that if Endras should get the "Chance of his lifetime", then Augsburg will certainly do nothing to stand in his way.

Nothing big there... yet.

Closed Thread