HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What Sharks are Now Available

Old
05-23-2010, 09:09 PM
TheCH*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Habs can't do that, way to much cap.
Subban is untouchable for 2 reasons right now,
1) his potential is very high
2) the team has cap issues. They are not gonna trade a great young player making only 875k a year.
Oh and just to add to this, Hammers cap hit is brutal, but if they can;t get rid of it they only have to suck it up for just one season so its not so bad..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Beauchemin for Clowe
Heck, no. Overpayment by the Sharks. Beauchemin was propped up by Niedermeyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
I think Montreal would be a good partner with San Jose.

I can see Hamrlik be moved to SJ. I've heard some stuffs at trade dealine about Hamrlik to SJ so...
Same, pass. Cap hit is horrendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
Kaberle for Clowe + 1st 2010?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallyLeafs View Post
Please, I already get flamed enough as a Leaf fan for all of the Kaberle proposals. I think that the most likely place that he will go is Buffalo, not just any team in the west.
I like the Kaberle deal the best. Leafs need to get tougher up front.

Does Kaberle have a choice in where he goes when his trade window opens up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolio88 View Post
flames are looking for some scoring and im sure that reggie (Robyn Regehr) he played 80 games, 2 goals, 15 assists, hes big, and can play more minutes then he is getting in calgary. hes only 28 yrs old and is only a 4.5 hit on cap....he would be a good fit there....how about something around....

Regehr and wahl
for
Pavalski/Clowe/Setoguchi and a 2nd rounder.... or something like that...
Maybe for Clowe - ONLY if Regehr isn't damaged goods. He seemed to play much slower this year. Physical play might have taken its toll.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:20 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
He scored 30 goals playing with Thornton, he scored 36 points without him. Is Coburn worth a guy who scored 36 points?? I think not...more like someone between 20-30 goals, 40-60 points, which is what Setoguchi is good for. And actually I remember quite vividly Sharks fans and Flyers fans agreeing that a Coburn-Setoguchi straight up deal would be a good deal for both sides...and this was when Coburn was playing poorly during the regular season.

Setoguchi isn't going to net a Suter or Weber...not many players would, not unless a lot more is added. Coburn however is a realistic return IMO. Has the tools to be a very good D-man...he has size, great skating ability, and a good shot. He turned it up the last month of the season, and has played well during the playoffs. Setoguchi has all the tools to be a very good winger, and has shown he can do so with an elite playmaker.
Coburn + mid-prospect/pick for Penner?...Seto is rfa so not sure what his contract will look like, but i'll assume Penner will be more expensive by maybe 1.25-1.5M, but he also brings more consistent scoring, shown he can score playing a good portion of the season with avg linemates, and has good size and relative speed

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Dusk Soldier

Wont be back:

Nabokov
Malhotra
Blake
Wallin

Likely to be traded:

Clowe
Mitchell
McGinn

Offer sheet able:
(5 mil would get it done)

Pavelski
Setoguchi

Not Touchable:

Thornton
Boyle
Vlasic

Dusk Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Pinkfloyd

There are far too many variables to know what's going to happen now. How much will all the free agents want from San Jose? I'd want to re-sign Marleau to a long term contract at around 5.5 mil if possible. Will Rob Blake come back? If he does, it'll be with the Sharks. What does Nabby want to come back? What will Pavs and Seto want? What will Malhotra be asking for?

If they let Nabokov walk, they'll be looking for a short term solution that will allow Greiss to take on more of the load for next season. Players like Jose Theodore, Marty Biron, Chris Mason, and potentially Vesa Toskala make sense here if they come cheap.

They'll want to improve their blue line. If Rob Blake retires, they will need at least two guys that have some offensive ability. The forward on the point solution is a sign of a lack of that and a retiring Blake will only further enhance that lack. There are a lot of potential acquisitions to fill this need.

Guys that could be made available for whatever reason would be Clowe, Murray, Huskins, and Mitchell. Everyone else is needed for the team and that includes Devin Setoguchi. Moving him and/or losing Marleau is going to be the death nail for this franchise with its current group of players. They need speed and they only have two up front with any sort of talent offensively.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk Soldier View Post
Wont be back:

Nabokov
Malhotra
Blake
Wallin

Likely to be traded:

Clowe
Mitchell
McGinn

Offer sheet able:
(5 mil would get it done)

Pavelski
Setoguchi

Not Touchable:

Thornton
Boyle
Vlasic
I think Malhotra is staying.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
DW may let Clowe go. Clowe did supposedly renege on the handshake deal he and DW had on a contract extension in '08.
Tell me more.

Old
05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Lunatik*

As a Flames fan I would be interested in building a deal around Sarich and Clowe

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:34 PM
odishabs

Carey Price
Roman Hamrlik
Andrei Kostitsyn

for

Ryan Clowe
Devin Setoguchi

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Setoguchi
Clowe - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Moore - Lapierre
Pyatt - Metropolit - Darche

Markov - Subban
Gill - Gorges
Spacek - O'bYRNE

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Carey Price
Roman Hamrlik
Andrei Kostitsyn

for

Ryan Clowe
Devin Setoguchi

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Setoguchi
Clowe - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Moore - Lapierre
Pyatt - Metropolit - Darche

Markov - Subban
Gill - Gorges
Spacek - O'bYRNE
Wow, no way from the Sharks' perspective. Trading Devin Setoguchi without getting any speed back up front is a non-starter for me. Carey Price is not worth the gamble to me either. The Kostitsyn-Clowe swap isn't a bad one but Hamrlik doesn't offer anything to the Sharks they need from a defenseman.

Old
05-23-2010, 09:42 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

NYI 2nd, SJS 2nd for Ryane Clowe.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
As a Flames fan I would be interested in building a deal around Sarich and Clowe
I guess it would depend on what you'd be adding to it to make it worth looking at. Cory Sarich is nowhere near the value of Clowe at this point and since he's not a top four d-man anymore, that salary of his is unjustified.

Old
05-23-2010, 09:47 PM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Tell me more.
Back in '08, DW and Clowe had a handshake deal on a 4-year contract extension (worth 10 million AFAIRC). Clowe, I guess, mulled over it (probably with his agent), and changed his mind. He ended up signing a one-year deal for 1.6 million (once again, AFAIRC). IIRC, the reason it was a handshake deal was Clowe was going away for the weekend+ and he and DW just decided they would sign after he came back...

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Teamcanada

If I was Tambo:

I would home in on Thornton starting with a package based around Souray & Gagner.

Teamcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:50 PM
stanleyorbust

Could see the Leafs and San Jose being good trade partners.. assuming Wilson liked Clowe from his Sharks days.. Kaberle for Clowe and a mid round pick (4rd-5th) would be a fair deal I think... even better if Burke could get a clause that it bumps up to a 2nd/3rd if Kaberle resigns.

stanleyorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:50 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
If I was them I'd trade Seto for a good, young top 4 defenseman, re-sign Manny, let Nabby & Blake walk, try to re-sign Marleau, and sign a guy like Ellis or Turco for a year or two to split time with Greiss/Stalock, and hopefully in 2-3 years one of them takes over. If they had enough salary left over, sign Michalek, A-Train, or Hamhuis in that order.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamcanada View Post
If I was Tambo:

I would home in on Thornton starting with a package based around Souray & Gagner.
I want absolutely nothing to do with Souray.

Old
05-23-2010, 10:10 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Coburn + mid-prospect/pick for Penner?...Seto is rfa so not sure what his contract will look like, but i'll assume Penner will be more expensive by maybe 1.25-1.5M, but he also brings more consistent scoring, shown he can score playing a good portion of the season with avg linemates, and has good size and relative speed
I don't think we would trade Coburn + for Penner. I'd rather have Setoguchi for cheaper, 4 years younger, and would likely be signed for longer. Also, I don't see how Penner is any more consistent at scoring than Setoguchi going forward.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

The only players I care to keep are Thornton, Clowe, Pavelski and Boyle ... don't care about the rest.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
The only players I care to keep are Thornton, Clowe, Pavelski and Boyle ... don't care about the rest.
no Vlasic ?

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:22 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamcanada View Post
If I was Tambo:

Pass, not giving up Gagner for one year of Thornton...and if you believe the Oilers will be cup contenders in 5 years then Thornton would be 36 years old (assuming he would ever re-sign here, which i doubt b/c he wants to win now, not be part of a big rebuild)

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:25 PM
fcpremix88

Roman Polak or Barret Jackman for Devin Setoguchi?

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I guess it would depend on what you'd be adding to it to make it worth looking at. Cory Sarich is nowhere near the value of Clowe at this point and since he's not a top four d-man anymore, that salary of his is unjustified.
Sarich struggled and played less when he was hurt... but when he was healthy he was one of our best players down the stretch, just like he was last season in the playoffs... Sarich is still a top 4 defenseman and would still get over 3+ million as a UFA... he is not as overpaid as people like to make him out to be

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Sarich struggled and played less when he was hurt... but when he was healthy he was one of our best players down the stretch, just like he was last season in the playoffs... Sarich is still a top 4 defenseman and would still get over 3+ million as a UFA... he is not as overpaid as people like to make him out to be
Sarich played over 20 minutes in a game a grand total of one time this year. He hasn't averaged 20+ minutes in a season from what I've seen at least dating back to 2002-03.

The Sharks need guys that can carry that kind of load and Sarich is not that player nor is he one with much offensive instincts which I think the Sharks will need at least one of. To me, he's overpaid. Good playoff performer though.

Old
05-23-2010, 10:45 PM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

maybe from panthers side

to panthers

nabokov

to sharks

vokoun

straight up