HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Phantoms - Calder Cup Playoffs Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2004, 08:32 PM
  #1
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Philadelphia Phantoms - Calder Cup Playoffs Thread

Game one

Phantoms with a 2-1 win.

Antero Niitymaki with 30 saves and an assist.

Stefan Ruzicka had the game winner on a power play goal mid-way through period two.

http://www.phantomshockey.com/number...oxScoreID=2591

Three Stars of the game
1. Stefan Ruzicka
2. Antero Niitymaki
3. Shawn Thornton (Norfolk)


Last edited by John Flyers Fan: 04-21-2004 at 09:48 PM.
John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 08:38 PM
  #2
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
I was about to start a thread like this, but you beat me. I listened to part of it on the radio, sounded like Niittymaki played really well. I really hope they can go far, playoff experience of any type really could help the young kids on the team.

Brad* is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 08:40 PM
  #3
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
I was about to start a thread like this, but you beat me. I listened to part of it on the radio, sounded like Niittymaki played really well. I really hope they can go far, playoff experience of any type really could help the young kids on the team.
What station were you listening to the game on ???

I believe that Carter played tonight, is that correct ???

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 08:43 PM
  #4
flip588
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Way to go Ruzicka, I'm a huge fan!

Carter did play and according to the scoresheet registered 5 shots.

flip588 is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 08:44 PM
  #5
Cup4Philly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
First off, congrats to Ruzicka on scoring his first AHL goal. Just from the little bit that I got to see of him in their game against Hershey, I was very impressed with his skill level.

Congrats also to Niittymaki for his first AHL playoff win. "Frank" now has a goal and an assist in his last two games.

If somebody had a chance to see this game, I'd love to hear your opinion as to how Ruzicka, Carter, Eager and Seidenberg looked.

Cup4Philly is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 08:44 PM
  #6
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
What station were you listening to the game on ???

I believe that Carter played tonight, is that correct ???
I went to the the ahl's website, which is www.theahl.com and you can listen to it over internet radio. They have links along the left side of the page.

Brad* is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 08:45 PM
  #7
adurn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Carter did play. He registered 5 shots and was a -1. I believe it was his first game since his OHL season ended, so it may take a couple games to get his legs back.

adurn is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 08:50 PM
  #8
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Well, Dennis Seidenberg played tonight as well. So if Johnsson cannot go then I would much rather go with Dennis then play Kapanen on the point, but I think Kim will play tomorrow.

Brad* is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 08:51 PM
  #9
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,122
vCash: 500
http://www.phantomshockey.com/pressbox/archive/1011.asp


Jeff Carter signs ATO. He will be wearing #30.

GKJ is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 09:25 PM
  #10
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
http://www.phantomshockey.com/pressb...ecaps/1012.asp

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 04:45 AM
  #11
The Seeker 25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hockey Falls, PA
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Philly
If somebody had a chance to see this game, I'd love to hear your opinion as to how Ruzicka, Carter, Eager and Seidenberg looked.
Phantoms Notes: Stephen Wood, James Laux, Mike Peluso, Les Borsheim, Brett Engelhardt, Ben Eager, Joey Hope and Craig Berube were scratches.

The Seeker 25 is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 07:27 AM
  #12
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seeker 25
Phantoms Notes: Stephen Wood, James Laux, Mike Peluso, Les Borsheim, Brett Engelhardt, Ben Eager, Joey Hope and Craig Berube were scratches.

Ya, that Ben Eager sure looks like he's worth a 1st round pick to me!

Cuiff is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 02:40 PM
  #13
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Ya, that Ben Eager sure looks like he's worth a 1st round pick to me!
Indeed. This is surely the end of the line for Eager. He should have taken the college route so he could have at least got educated. A shame.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 10:58 AM
  #14
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
Indeed. This is surely the end of the line for Eager. He should have taken the college route so he could have at least got educated. A shame.
give the guy a chance people, how many AHL games has he played in?

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 12:17 PM
  #15
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Pay no mind to Cuiffitelli he doesn't know anything.

blah is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 01:02 PM
  #16
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Pay no mind to Cuiffitelli he doesn't know anything.

And you’re so knowledgeable. Go crawl back under the rock where you came from.



Face it, Eager stinks! If he was such a great talent, he would at least be playing on the 4th line. He is not a 1st round talent!!! Deal with it, you were wrong!


Last edited by Cuiff: 04-23-2004 at 01:08 PM.
Cuiff is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 01:40 PM
  #17
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
And you’re so knowledgeable. Go crawl back under the rock where you came from.



Face it, Eager stinks! If he was such a great talent, he would at least be playing on the 4th line. He is not a 1st round talent!!! Deal with it, you were wrong!
settle down man, 5 games a player does not make.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 01:58 PM
  #18
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
settle down man, 5 games a player does not make.
I was not attacking you Flyhigh. I was reacting to Blah's childish attack on my opinion. I agree with your statement above but I am not judging Eager just on his AHL play. He was nothing special in juniors either. Just watch and you see that this guy will be lucky to make it in the NHL

Cuiff is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 02:18 PM
  #19
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I was not attacking you Flyhigh. I was reacting to Blah's childish attack on my opinion. I agree with your statement above but I am not judging Eager just on his AHL play. He was nothing special in juniors either. Just watch and you see that this guy will be lucky to make it in the NHL
not taking any personal offense

but I am just saying that in the NHL there is usually a place for a big body that hits hard and might have some scoring talent. MIGHT have scoring talent. could be a complete bust, but people said the same things bout thornton and lecavalier. not that eager is in that class of course...

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 02:41 PM
  #20
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
give the guy a chance people, how many AHL games has he played in?
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm Then read again.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 02:47 PM
  #21
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
with all due respect, it didn't seem like cuiffitelli was being sarcastic

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 02:50 PM
  #22
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I was not attacking you Flyhigh. I was reacting to Blah's childish attack on my opinion. I agree with your statement above but I am not judging Eager just on his AHL play. He was nothing special in juniors either. Just watch and you see that this guy will be lucky to make it in the NHL




Blah's childish attack? He's probably more ticked because you've got a player labeled before he even sees a Flyer's training camp. He actually was pretty good in the Juniors...at least he was a controversial first rounder, that's gotta be better than a rock solid third rounder. I'll watch and see what happens with him if you'll promise not to be there every time he's a scratch telling us "you told us so." At least give the kid a chance to develop.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 02:53 PM
  #23
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
not taking any personal offense

but I am just saying that in the NHL there is usually a place for a big body that hits hard and might have some scoring talent. MIGHT have scoring talent. could be a complete bust, but people said the same things bout thornton and lecavalier. not that eager is in that class of course...
I was over exagerating a bit there. I see Eager developing into a 3rd/4th line type, nothing special.

Cuiff is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 02:57 PM
  #24
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I was over exagerating a bit there. I see Eager developing into a 3rd/4th line type, nothing special.

That's more realistic.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline  
Old
04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
  #25
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I was over exagerating a bit there. I see Eager developing into a 3rd/4th line type, nothing special.
always a place for a good 3rd liner!

FlyHigh is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.