HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dackell to Sweden Gratton...

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
What, no, he was given two short stints and that's it. In his stint with Montreal this year he was doing great before suffering a concussion.
Gratton was given more of a chance than he should have been given because he was a favourite of Julien's from Hamilton.

He simply doesn't have the strength or speed to compete in the NHL. He's quick, but not overly fast. He was dominated along the boards and couldn't contain his man defensively. It's too bad because he clearly works hard, but the NHL moves too fast for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Isn't that something we say of Ryder?

Not great in any one department but sound, and what a shot! Could be another gem if all goes well.
Milroy reminds me of Schaefer. Schaefer's developed his play without the puck to be a strong defensive player--which is something that Milroy could stand to improve upon--but in terms of skating style and play in the offensive zone, they're very similar in my opinion.

Old
05-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Garnet

Milroy

Milroy's numbers were great in his draft year be the Ice were the best team in the CHL. Its hard for players in any league to improve after having a record season. Look at Theodore a perfect example. Milroy did develop a better two - way game in the WHL and has worked on it in the AHL. This kid is loaded with character and does remind me of Ryder. Similiar size, skating ability and hockey sense. Ryder may have a little better shot but Milroy has a little more character. I hope Milroy makes it even if it is on the third line because the Habs need Heart, character and leadership in my opinion.

Old
05-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Not a bad carrer for Dackell with Montreal and Ottawa...

857gp 200g 270a 470pts +8

It was time for him to move with all the un-security in hte NHL right now .

Old
05-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Gratton was given a chance. He's just not good enough for the NHL.

With that said, it'd be a loss for Montreal if Gratton were to head to Europe. He's a good leader and very good AHL player. Without Gratton, Perezhogin and likely one of Plekanec or Higgins (playing in the NHL next season), Hamilton's lineup looks depleted.
Gratton was never given a real opportunity because of his size. I hope he gets one though, because he does have talent. If he can't make it he is still good for teaching the "young pups" (like my pun) on the farm and helping them develop into more complete players.

Hamilton's lineup may be depleted by those losses but a better year from Milroy, the additions of Kastitsyn, and Locke, and the assumption of number 1 duty by Danis they should be able to fill most of the holes.

Old
05-15-2004, 06:40 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Not a bad carrer for Dackell with Montreal and Ottawa...

857gp 200g 270a 470pts +8

It was time for him to move with all the un-security in hte NHL right now .
I don't know whos stats you got, but those ain't Dackell's!

Here are his #'s:

613 games 91g 159a 250pts 162pim

Old
05-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
Gratton was not useful with the habs but he was with the dogs. I'm sure he's helped some of our prospects develop better.
In fact, a healty Gratton can be a nice 4th line player... being a kind of Begin/Tucker in the lineup.

Old
05-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
I don't know whos stats you got, but those ain't Dackell's!

Here are his #'s:

613 games 91g 159a 250pts 162pim
He was looking at this site.

Old
05-16-2004, 01:23 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Dackell did his job, and he was part of Juneau's line in 01-02 that was a big part of why we made the playoffs that season. He just has dropped way down the talent pool as this team has become much better and has much more depth, resulting in Dackell basically being nothing more than a fringe player at best. He did his job and worked hard for us, so I hope him all the best back in Sweden.

As for Gratton, Hamilton is already a really young club and losing his veteran presence would be really missed next season. If he is gone and if Traverse and Dykhuis aren't back, then I would see management make a strong push to re-sign Gordie Dwyer and he may even get the nod to wear the "C" next season, on what would be an even younger team than this past season. I can see why Gratts would be tempted to make the leap across to Europe, but he would be missed in Steeltown.

Closed Thread