HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lemaire's Rebuttal

Old
05-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Cowbell232

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Langs, Rolie, Patrik, Marty.

One of these four isn't like the others...
And the correct answer is:

Captain, ____, Former Capt./All Time Point Leader/"A", Franchise Player/Best Goalie Ever.

Funny blank there.

05-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
Why wouldn't he want to consult with a guy he's worked with more than any other player on the team? He probably knows how Rolston thinks and could get a better read of what's going on even if the player doesn't tell him directly.
I don't think Rolston has his finger on the pulse of the team. The repeated team meetings that were called specifically to motivate guys like him proves that.

Also, Rolston has only been here for a year in this stint, the other three have all been Devils for 8+ years. Who is going to have a better feel of the team?

So even though Lemaire may be comfortable with him, is Rolston really the best representative for the mood of the room?

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

vCash: 369
Quote:

Captain, ____, Former Capt./All Time Point Leader/"A", Franchise Player/Best Goalie Ever.

Funny blank there.

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
That's funny, I didn't know we were talking about the Wild.

This is part of the rift that was caused, I'm sure of it.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Big#D

Quote:
Langs, Rolie, Patrik, Marty.

One of these four isn't like the others...
Quote:
Wearing the C doesn't make you a leader.
Quote:

Captain, Former Captain, Former Captain, Never had a formal leadership role on the team.

Funny blank there.

Big#D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Cowbell232

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Rolly was NOT a leader here. He didn't have the time to establish this.

It's a known fact by now that two of those four players did not get a long at all. I feel comfortable saying it now. Langs and Rolston fought, a lot.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Big#D

But seriously, was Rolston a leader on last year's Devils, probably not. But I can see why Lemaire would have considered him one and went to him if he had any concerns / questions.

Big#D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

they fought because they are both pansies who need to take the sand out

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, whatever. Rolly was NOT a leader here. He didn't have the time to establish this.

It's a known fact by now that two of those four players did not get a long at all. I feel comfortable saying it now. Langs and Rolston fought, a lot.
Lemaire gave Rolston the C at their former team - how can you expect him not to view him as a leader and a go-to person for team matters? He trusted him and they had a rapport...

Rolston

Langenbrunner

Old
05-25-2010, 10:17 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
That's funny, I didn't know we were talking about the Wild.

This is part of the rift that was caused, I'm sure of it.
I suspect that is what the problem has been for the past couple of years. Rolston should never have been signed. We had pretty good chemistry with Gionta and they all got along. The problems Gionta mentioned were with the way Sutter wore the team down throughout the year. They ran out of gas in the playoffs. That had nothing to do with team chemistry.

If we could turn back time a little, we should have kept Gionta, re-signed him for 4.2 mil, and re-signed Madden for 3 mil instead of Pandolfo.

I think they would have re-signed at those numbers instead of the open market FA prices.

MoonDragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
Seriously. There's nobody to support in that argument either. They were both dogging it at some point of the season.

Old
05-25-2010, 10:18 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
qft

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Hypernova
Gelly shots all day

Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I don't think Rolston has his finger on the pulse of the team. The repeated team meetings that were called specifically to motivate guys like him proves that.

Also, Rolston has only been here for a year in this stint, the other three have all been Devils for 8+ years. Who is going to have a better feel of the team?

So even though Lemaire may be comfortable with him, is Rolston really the best representative for the mood of the room?
I really don't think tenure with a team matters as much as experience. Rolston is one of the most experienced players on the team and knows Lemaire very well. I don't see why Lemaire going to him is a big deal.

Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 03:36 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
He used to be, though. The point is it makes little sense for Lemaire to consult Rolston about the team mood, when that's something the captain or one of the alternates should know.
Well, considering the captain goes through more mood changes than a teenage girl...

MadDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:56 AM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

like little kids they are

let me make sure i have the main idea: Rolston and Lemaire vs. Langs?

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:11 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Part 1 of the problem is gone and that's JL.
Part 2 should be dumping Rolston's and Salvador's/White's contracts for cap purposes
Part 3 should be acquiring a #1 PMD for Langenbrunner ++
Part 4 should be to let the kids play (Josefson, Tedenby and Corrente)

We need to start off fresh. With the addition of a new coach, this is the perfect time to "clean house" and give Parise the control of this team IMO.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

Tell us exactly how you DUMP Rolston/White... I really wanna hear this.

NTC/Salary issues abound here so what magic wand is Lou supposed to wave to do this assuming he even wants to move them?

Old
05-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
No need to dump White. He is a good defensive defenseman, especially on the PK, and is a leader in the locker room. Salvador should be the out guy.

It's somewhat disconcerting that Lemaire said something to the effect of "why are we so special that we don't have to match lines"? That displays a complete ignorance of our personnel and someone who is too set in their ways.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:52 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Tell us exactly how you DUMP Rolston/White... I really wanna hear this.

NTC/Salary issues abound here so what magic wand is Lou supposed to wave to do this assuming he even wants to move them?
WTF is everyone's problem. Do you think that Rolston is untradeable and if so, you need to keep up with all the bad contracts who got traded in the last couple of years.

1) Gomez got traded and he has a even worst contract than Rolston
2) Kotalik got moved to Calgary
3) Ehrhoff got traded in order to fit Heatley and they demanded two ECHL players to make it happen.

If you think someone will trade us a 1st Vs Rolston, I agree with you that it ain't happening but I really think that if Lou wants to part ways with Rolston, he'll find someone. If he has to add a little extra to sweaten the pot ala Malakhov (who everyone thought was going nowhere) then so be it.

Old
05-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
It's somewhat disconcerting that Lemaire said something to the effect of "why are we so special that we don't have to match lines"? That displays a complete ignorance of our personnel and someone who is too set in their ways.
That bothers me too. Lemaire had to know how good our top 6 was defensively. Yet he stubbornly stuck to line matching, putting checking lines who were incapable of shutting down opposing stars out against those stars. This despite him saying last summer that he wouldn't be doing that.

Old
05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

so you don't have any ideas on how it's possible, just that crazy trades have happened before and that NTC's now mean nothing to the Lou or the players who negotiated them.

This is everyone's problem - we realize the very real limitations a negotiated contract with a NTC has on transactions in the NHL and the impact it has not only to the organization but the family of the players who saw fit to ask for them. If I saw signs that the players you mention were unhappy in NJ or have issues with the coach I might say it's very plausible to deal them. I see neither with White or Rolston especially now that we don't have a coach.

Old
05-26-2010, 10:00 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
so you don't have any ideas on how it's possible, just that crazy trades have happened before and that NTC's now mean nothing to the Lou or the players who negotiated them.

This is everyone's problem - we realize the very real limitations a negotiated contract with a NTC has on transactions in the NHL and the impact it has not only to the organization but the family of the players who saw fit to ask for them. If I saw signs that the players you mention were unhappy in NJ or have issues with the coach I might say it's very plausible to deal them. I see neither with White or Rolston especially now that we don't have a coach.
I can't predict the future and I'm almost certain you can't either. I don't know what's going on in Lou's mind and I'm almost certain you don't either.

What I'm saying is that IF Lou wants to move Rolston, he'll talk to the guy first, ask him were he'd like to be moved and go from there. I might be mistaken but didn't Rolston say that he'd be willing to waive his NMC/NTC if the organisation asked him to ?!?!?

Lou is one of the most classy and loyal GM in the game today but at the end of the day, he has a team to run and tough decisions have to be made sometimes. He'll ask Rollie for a list of teams and try to accommodate his demands IMO.

As for White, I said one of Salvador or White. So if Colin wants to stay... you move Salvador, problem solved.

Old
05-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Chico Eats

I think we need to inject some talented youth and fresh blood into the team. Corrente, Eckford, Josefson, and Tedenby? And Frazee starts to dress and back up Marty?

Chico Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Semak

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Eats View Post
I think we need to inject some talented youth and fresh blood into the team. Corrente, Eckford, Josefson, and Tedenby? And Frazee starts to dress and back up Marty?
Frazee needs to keep playing and not sit but some fresh air all around(players and coaches) would be a welcomed changed.

Old
05-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Chico Eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
Frazee needs to keep playing and not sit but some fresh air all around(players and coaches) would be a welcomed changed.
Frazee could definitely benefit from sitting behind Brodeur, learning his habits, soaking up everything he can. I think 15 games at the NHL level would do him a lot of good too, and 15 days off would probably help Brodeur out as well.

Also, being a #2 guy is a big step in maturity that he needs to take. He has the raw talent, but how badly does he want to be the best goalie in the world?

Chico Eats is offline   Reply With Quote