HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Burmistrov is a solid player, but like I said. I go BPA outside of goaltenders. Forbort is BPA at 10 over a guy like Burmistrov.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:34 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

i need to see us come away with an offensive difference maker this draft.

its time for us to take a guy who can make you get up outa your seat and say

holy phuk, did you see that

tarasenko
burmistrov
kuznetsov

i need one of those names on the back of a rangers jersey

then we can take a dman

Old
06-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Burmistrov is a solid player, but like I said. I go BPA outside of goaltenders. Forbort is BPA at 10 over a guy like Burmistrov.
i respect your opinion bro, but i disagree...i dont take a d-man with our pick unless something unimaginable happens to one of the big 3..and even then i still want a forward if at all possible. theres bpa, sure, but theres a couple of other things to think about.

defenseman take longer to develop, its highly unlikely whoever you select is in the lineup in 2-3 years. a forward on the other hand coudl very well be there. we have a need at forward. theres bpa to be considered, sure, but there is just such a severe lack of talent in our forward cupboard that I have to go with a forward in the first round. we already have a ton of talent on D, and you can take a Dman in the 2nd round if you want to.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:46 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i respect your opinion bro, but i disagree...i dont take a d-man with our pick unless something unimaginable happens to one of the big 3..and even then i still want a forward if at all possible. theres bpa, sure, but theres a couple of other things to think about.

defenseman take longer to develop, its highly unlikely whoever you select is in the lineup in 2-3 years. a forward on the other hand coudl very well be there. we have a need at forward. theres bpa to be considered, sure, but there is just such a severe lack of talent in our forward cupboard that I have to go with a forward in the first round. we already have a ton of talent on D, and you can take a Dman in the 2nd round if you want to.
Who are the big 3?

I consider the top 3 d-men to be Fowler, Gormley and Forbort.

I'd only take Forbort if Tarasenko/Connolly/Johan are all gone.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:51 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
i need to see us come away with an offensive difference maker this draft.

its time for us to take a guy who can make you get up outa your seat and say

holy phuk, did you see that

tarasenko
burmistrov
kuznetsov

i need one of those names on the back of a rangers jersey

then we can take a dman
We can sign Zherdev!

Old
06-17-2010, 10:53 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

i think in almost every other year it's BPA. but this year offense is a must. of the last 5 first rounds it has already been 3 d-men and and only 1 forward (RIP AC). the lack of first-round offensive talent is blatantly obvious. we need skill and talent now. a guy like burmistrov, tarasenko, connoly, kuznetsov, etc. can all help within 2 years. a guy like forbort will take at least 2+. odds are he's not in NY until 2013/2014. that doesn't really help at all.

we need a playmaker and gamebreaker. a guy like burmistrov can provide that. defense can wait till later rounds or next year.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:55 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Who are the big 3?

i think you are underselling erik gudbranson by not including him in your list.

hes a devestating hitter, a physical monster and hell pound your face. he plays nasty. real nasty.

all that plus a guy who can skate and plays very sound positional defensive hockey and a cannon shot.

hes more phaneuf than pronger, but either way, hes got 1st pair talent and his character is unquestioned.

hes a very enticing package to leave off any ny ranger fans list.

Old
06-17-2010, 10:58 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
That's an awesome quote, RB - not only in how it shows his desire to stay, but also in how it shows a) his command of English and b) most importantly, some solid, solid character and force of personality. Color me deeply impressed - like I said a couple of pages back, almost all the Russians have been growing on me as we get closer to the draft. If Connolly/Tarasenko/Johansen are gone by #10 and the Rangers then pull off the suggested 10 & 40 for 13 & 23 I would not be at all disappointed in taking him with the 13th pick.

(I just wish he wasn't 150 reported to weigh 150 pounds in his draft year...)
i think his ability to speak english fairly well helps him tremendously in terms of the rangers potentially taking him considering torts may be here for a little while. tortsy has pretty low tolerance and little patience for euros that can't really speak english (lisin, Z, etc.)

Old
06-17-2010, 11:04 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Who are the big 3?

I'm on your side...those are my top 3 as well, if they are gone I would have no problem with Forbort if Gordo considers him BPA. I like Burmistrov too but I see him more in the Stepan 1st/2nd lineupside range, not necessarily as a pull you out of your seat pure, dynamic first line guy. Thats why I wouldn't freak if we took Forbort...but again if Clark likes Burmi I won't complain.

06-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Up over 1000 posts.

New thread here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=787836

Closed Thread