HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Cal Clutterbuck to San Jose (Not a real rumor of any sort)

Old
05-27-2010, 09:13 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

vCash: 500
Cal Clutterbuck to San Jose (Not a real rumor of any sort)

What would it take to land him? He brings grit and toughness and hitting that this team needs. We aren't very deep IMO and if we end up trading away Clowe we need more grit in our team and he brings a lot of team toughness.

Cal Clutterbuck
Mikko Koivu
Marek Zidlicky
Martin Havlat

Douglas Murray
Dany Heatley
Joe Pavelski

Not an actual proposal, just a basis of trades to be made...

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 09:22 PM
mnwildgophers

Well you can pretty much take out Zidlicky, Havlat, and Koivu because Z and Havlat have NTC's, and we won't be trading our captain away.

Clutterbuck is probably worth more to us than you'd be willing to pay I would say.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
ouch, that would be a very big trade..

I don't approve this trade.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 09:57 PM
djp4516

While I'd kill three men to get Pavelski, I wouldn't trade Koivu for him. I think it would take a Vlasic type player to get Clutterbuck from us, but I'm pretty sure the fans would burn down the arena if we traded him, so I dunno if that's a good idea.

djp4516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
While I'd kill three men to get Pavelski, I wouldn't trade Koivu for him. I think it would take a Vlasic type player to get Clutterbuck from us, but I'm pretty sure the fans would burn down the arena if we traded him, so I dunno if that's a good idea.
I'd probably bring the Zippo. Fletch also just signed Clut to a 3 yr extension too. Trading him would go against that unwritten rule that you do not trade a player so soon after you inked him. Pavelski would be a sweet pick up, not at the expense of Koivu. That would be a pretty lateral move, as we'd still need another scoring center. Murray would be good, but he really doesn't fit a need for us. And then there is Heater. After last off-season I want us to stay as far away from him as possible. Beside I don't see him waiving his NTC to come here. He'd probably demand to be traded if Brunette wouldn't give up his #15 anyway.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 11:26 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
the above posters already covered it. NTC's probably wouldn't be a problem though considering it's a move to a nice sunny location with a team that's almost guaranteed to make the playoffs for the next few years.
NTCs from the wild, i mean.

I'm going with my irrational love for clutterbuck on this one and saying it would take a gross overpayment. and i do mean gross to the point where it is so insulting i wouldn't even bother proposing the trade.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

You'd have to be so stoned you can't find the door if you think that's a good trade.

Outside of Tampa Bay, when was the last time a player signed a contract and then was traded within a few months? Clutterbuck, Zidlicky, and Havlat all signed fresh deals within the past year, they aren't going anywhere.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 12:51 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
the above posters already covered it. NTC's probably wouldn't be a problem though considering it's a move to a nice sunny location with a team that's almost guaranteed to make the playoffs for the next few years.
NTCs from the wild, i mean.

I'm going with my irrational love for clutterbuck on this one and saying it would take a gross overpayment. and i do mean gross to the point where it is so insulting i wouldn't even bother proposing the trade.
Since when is the Bay Area known for their sunny location?

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Red Alberks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I go to school about 5 minutes from HP Pavilion. It is sunny almost every day here in the southern part of the Bay Area.

Red Alberks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Pioneer13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
San Jose has an average of 257 sunny days in a calendar year. U.S. average is 205. I think you can call it a sunny location. While San Jose is close to San Francisco and Oakland on the map, weather-wise it is much more mild and sunny with less rain.

Pioneer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 03:19 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
I go to school about 5 minutes from HP Pavilion. It is sunny almost every day here in the southern part of the Bay Area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer13 View Post
San Jose has an average of 257 sunny days in a calendar year. U.S. average is 205. I think you can call it a sunny location. While San Jose is close to San Francisco and Oakland on the map, weather-wise it is much more mild and sunny with less rain.
Note that I said Bay Area rather than San Jose.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Pioneer13

Noted.

It seemed to me like you were referencing San Jose since you quoted rynryn's post which was. Not sure which other NHL team you think plays in the Bay Area other than San Jose (which is considered South Bay) but if you really were simply referring to San Fransisco than I apologize for making assumptions.

Pioneer13 is offline   Reply With Quote