HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Sign Parse (2 Years, $900k per year)

Old
05-26-2010, 05:14 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Yes, I agree with you on all the above except for Clune just because of the energy and "mouth" he brings but usually, it was Harrold taking Clune's spot . . if I remember correctly?
I'm not sure but I'm sure it probably happened at least once. I just listed the group of guys that would typically be rotating in or out depending on the circumstances.

I'm not a Clune fan based on what I saw this year but at least he brought those intangibles you mentioned.

05-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Jones was sometimes played because of the lack of other options. Jones pretty much had the effort every night. He has the occasional "non-moving feet" night but his real problem is confidence with the puck under pressure. That can only be resolved by playing under pressure - something Murray has personally experienced.

Parse occasionally looked like he was playing in a different system. That requires a bench warming message.

Different players, different problems, different messages.
LOL, Okay, thanks for that. . . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
I'm not sure but I'm sure it probably happened at least once. I just listed the group of guys that would typically be rotating in or out depending on the circumstances.

I'm not a Clune fan based on what I saw this year but at least he brought those intangibles you mentioned.
Either way, Parse should of played at least 10+15 more games than he did, no reason at all with playing Harrold over him

Old
05-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
With Parse getting $900,000, what does Richardson get? $1.5 million?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking around 1.5-2 over 3-4 years

Old
05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
That's exactly what he should get, assuming he signs a 1-2 year deal.

If he signs longer, he could see maybe a back-loaded contract that gives him 2-2.5 in the 3rd or 4th year.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
I'd say that is a good estimate. Three years at $4.5M. He's one of those valuable players that has the versatility and agility to play in any critical role. You find players like that on all Cup winning teams, i.e. John Madden, Maxime Talbot, Kris Draper, Todd Marchant, etc. Richardson fits in the same mold he's still only 25. He'll be a 15-20 goal, 40 point, two-way forward while adding speed to the checking line.

I like the Parse signing as well. He was very productive in the limited amount of ice time he received, which explains why he is being well compensated. Getting that type of production from a player on your fourth line just adds to the much needed depth this team needs.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Sounds about right, and good to me. Those two are only going to get better.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:37 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
And isn't that what I've been saying to all the "no more than 1 mil" posters?
I just did a little research of my own and found several proposed line-ups you made that had Richie making 1-1.2 mill.

Old
05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I just did a little research of my own and found several proposed line-ups you made that had Richie making 1-1.2 mill.
Let's make a separate thread about it

Old
05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Let's make a separate thread about it
I think it deserves 3.

Old
05-26-2010, 05:43 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Well, duh!

If others have him at $1 mil to make the cap, why shouldn't I?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:45 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Well, duh!

If others have him at $1 mil to make the cap, why shouldn't I?
You just have an answer for everything don't you

Old
05-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
The money (and I'm assuming it's one-way?) suggests that Parse will see more ice time/an expanded role this year, imo.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:52 PM
johnjm22

Very happy, and surprised by this. I thought he was going to end up in a Red Wings uniform...

He's capable of being a solid 2nd/3rd liner who can chip in 20+ goals.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:53 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
You just have an answer for everything don't you
Well, it's easy when you speak the truth. And I always do!

I'll let you win a discussion - eventually.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Good, hopefully seeing him in the top-nine next year. Really like Parses skill.

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Depending on how the off-season plays out with the top six forwards (be assured that the Kings will add someone to the top six), this gives us an opportunity to look at who the likely candidates are to occupy the third and fourth lines.

Richardson-Handzus-Simmonds could remain intact as the top checking line on the team. Coaches tend to keep pairs of players together, and it seems that Handzus and Simmonds work very well together, with Richardson added speed and puck skills to the checking line.

In observing what the Flyers have on their checking lines, they have Arron Asham playing with two young players known for their offensive abilities in Claude Giroux and James Van Riemsdyk. You then have Blair Betts centering Ian Laperriere and Darroll Powe. A defensively responsible center with two gritty wings.

Fourth line duty is going to be extra competitive this summer. Clune, Clifford, Westgarth, King, and Zeiler will be the names competing to add a physical presence onto the roster. Lewis, Cliche, Elkins, and Gauthier will compete for the the center position. Moller, Parse, and Holloway will be competing for the winger position who can add some offense, speed and puck pursuit.

Four to five names from that list of 12 could make the roster as fourth line players and healthy scratches. It also wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see the Kings add more veteran presence. I would love to see Arron Asham on the Kings, he's the veteran type that can help the young players on the team, similar to what he has done in Philly with his linemates.

Old
05-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Excellent deal in my opinion and he could prove to be an invaluable winger this upcoming season.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Good, hopefully seeing him in the top-nine next year. Really like Parses skill.
I can't see where Parse will fit in a top nine role. The following are your top six forwards: Kopitar, Brown, Smyth, Williams, Stoll. The Kings will surely add a proven scorer to round out that top six. Then on the third line you have Handzus, Richardson and Simmonds. It is a full house on the top nine, but with plenty of opportunities available for the last three forward spots.

I see Parse as being a lock on the fourth line with Clune and Westgarth having the inside track as the other wingers/healthy scratches and Lewis at center. Kyle Clifford is my dark horse pick to crack the roster.

Old
05-26-2010, 06:34 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I can't see where Parse will fit in a top nine role. The following are your top six forwards: Kopitar, Brown, Smyth, Williams, Stoll. The Kings will surely add a proven scorer to round out that top six. Then on the third line you have Handzus, Richardson and Simmonds. It is a full house on the top nine, but with plenty of opportunities available for the last three forward spots.
Williams is a guarantee to be hurt though so someone will move up into the Top 6.

Taking in the assumption that we do indeed add a top 6 forward and don't trade anyone from our top 9 (Stoll), I agree with you. Parse can round out his overall game on the 4th line, which should be better overall and get a little more ice time as well this year. Then when Williams gets hurt, either Parse/Richie/Simmonds move up and replace him.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 06:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
If Parse is in the top 9 next year, consistently, I will fear the Kings did nothing to get better in the off-season.

I know the whole "build-from-within" thing, but hopefully the Kings know that there is a possibility that hoping everyone just gets better won't be enough to stay in the playoffs. Lombardi cited the Blues last year as a team who he didn't understand how they jumped up so fast. Seeing the Blues this year, hopefully he's taking a different cue.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
funky

I like the signing. Parse does have some skill. We have to remember he lost a year of development to injury and before that he was considered a lae bloomer. He has skill and he and Richardson will add skill to he bottom portion of our line-up.

As for Richardson, I am guessing 3 yr 4.3 mil = 1.4 per year starting at 1.3 - 1.4 -1.5

As for the bottom 3 - I guess we add Westgarth / Clune / Lewis to Parse and depending on the lineup aced one of Clune, Westgarth, or Parse sits

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Kovalchuk – Kopitar – Williams
Smyth – Richardson – Brown
Parse – Handzus – Simmonds
Clune – Lewis - Westgarth

I can see DL trading Stoll and doing this. If, Schenn impresses then Richardson and Parse move down.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Depending on how the off-season plays out with the top six forwards (be assured that the Kings will add someone to the top six), this gives us an opportunity to look at who the likely candidates are to occupy the third and fourth lines.

Richardson-Handzus-Simmonds could remain intact as the top checking line on the team. Coaches tend to keep pairs of players together, and it seems that Handzus and Simmonds work very well together, with Richardson added speed and puck skills to the checking line.

In observing what the Flyers have on their checking lines, they have Arron Asham playing with two young players known for their offensive abilities in Claude Giroux and James Van Riemsdyk. You then have Blair Betts centering Ian Laperriere and Darroll Powe. A defensively responsible center with two gritty wings.

Fourth line duty is going to be extra competitive this summer. Clune, Clifford, Westgarth, King, and Zeiler will be the names competing to add a physical presence onto the roster. Lewis, Cliche, Elkins, and Gauthier will compete for the the center position. Moller, Parse, and Holloway will be competing for the winger position who can add some offense, speed and puck pursuit.

Four to five names from that list of 12 could make the roster as fourth line players and healthy scratches. It also wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see the Kings add more veteran presence. I would love to see Arron Asham on the Kings, he's the veteran type that can help the young players on the team, similar to what he has done in Philly with his linemates.
I don't thing King is an option yet, Lombardi will want him to get more time in the minors. Also, isn't Gauthier on an AHL deal only?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote