HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Sign Parse (2 Years, $900k per year)

Old
05-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
The bolded part you are referencing contains my own words so I don't think I am guilty of misunderstanding said part.
I lol'd.. for real.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 04:56 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
You are right on every account!
Thanx!

Quote:
How does $900k against the CAP lessen our chances? He is making what.. $300k more than last year? Give me a break. You also have Randy Jones and Frolov's $ coming off the books. If you think that this puts a damper on Kovalchuk or Marleau, well I hate to break it to you, $900k isn't going to be the problem.
I think you're fixated on the salary cap. I'm talking about the limit of roster players not the salary cap.

Quote:
Frolov and Modin don't belong in the same sentence as Parse. Parse is a first year player that still has upside and obviously the organization thinks that. He is nothing more than a safe bet or a insurance policy if somebody else doesn't work out or somebody gets hurt. Who knows? Maybe he earns a shot on the 2nd line come training camp.
I'm merely stating that none of those 3 players interest me on the kings roster. They're not good enough to be on our top 6 and not gritty or physical enough to be on our bottom 6.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I think you're fixated on the salary cap. I'm talking about the limit of roster players not the salary cap.
Ok.. who will he be taking a roster spot from? He can still be shoved in the minors if it came to that. He is also an asset for a trade which is probably how the Kings are going to get an upgrade on the top 6 this summer and not UFA. I'll use history as my guideline for that.

Quote:
I'm merely stating that none of those 3 players interest me on the kings roster. They're not good enough to be on our top 6 and not gritty or physical enough to be on our bottom 6.
And who exactly are you looking to replace those players? Aaron Asham? I mean come on dude.

Old
05-28-2010, 05:28 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Ok.. who will he be taking a roster spot from? He can still be shoved in the minors if it came to that. He is also an asset for a trade which is probably how the Kings are going to get an upgrade on the top 6 this summer and not UFA. I'll use history as my guideline for that.

And who exactly are you looking to replace those players? Aaron Asham? I mean come on dude.
Kovy and Asham would be ideal. Why, would you rather have Fro and Parse instead?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Ok.. who will he be taking a roster spot from? He can still be shoved in the minors if it came to that.
Are you allowed to move him to the AHL before the season starts without placing him on waivers? If not, he won't make it.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Kovy and Asham would be ideal. Why, would you rather have Fro and Parse instead?
Yes! You know what happens when you assume things..

I don't think either Kovalchuk or Asham will be Kings so prepare to have you heart broken and it isn't Parse that is preventing that.

I won't bother speculating who the Kings might sign. Every year people get their heart set on certain players and it never happens. If there is an upgrade to the roster, I expect it to be through trade. The only UFA's I think might be signed will be a defenseman and a bottom 6 forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Are you allowed to move him to the AHL before the season starts without placing him on waivers? If not, he won't make it.
I'm pretty sure he would have to clear waivers. Whether he'd clear or not is debatable but my point was that just because he was re-signed doesn't mean he is lock for the top 6 and he is going to prevent other players from being signed like RH63 is projecting.

Old
05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Homunculous

To everyone complaining about Parse potentially taking up a roster spot from someone more deserving because he signed a contract, could you explain to me why Zeiler isnt currently locked into a roster spot despite the fact he is signed to an NHL contract? Whats the worst that happens if someone beats Parse out, he's put on waivers to go to Manchester and is picked up.... I'm failing to see the downside if any to this signing alone and DL has proved he's willing to buyout/demote fringe NHLers if they prove they cant hack it.

Homunculous is offline   Reply With Quote