HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Beach

Old
05-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Lemons

vCash: 500
Kyle Beach

Hey guys Habs fan here. Grats on making it to the finals, good luck and i really am pushing for you guys.

Anyways most of the league knows the Hawks are in a bit of cap trouble. The habs would love a player like beach on the team. Is he untouchable according to the hawks club ? What would it take to have him on the habs?

Good luck against philly! Pretty sure we'd take any salary dump except for huet ! lol

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
Like you said the Hawks are in cap trouble next year, so why would they trade a potential top 6 forward on his ELC? That doesn't make sense.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Like you said the Hawks are in cap trouble next year, so why would they trade a potential top 6 forward on his ELC? That doesn't make sense.
Because the hawks are dreaming if they think they could get rid of there bad contracts for nothing.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Because the hawks are dreaming if they think they could get rid of there bad contracts for nothing.
Sharp, Versteeg, Byfuglien and Bolland have market value around the league, they could move 2 of those guys for pick and inexpensive roster players, and just waive Huet.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 08:59 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
We only really have 2 bad contracts, Huet and Campbell. Huet will either be picked up on waivers or in Rockford. I don't think anyone will take on Campbell's contract, so he will be here.

Beach I think will be on this team next year.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
southerncross116

Quote:
Ok, let's put it this way -if there is enough interest in "cherry picking" -then that itself is the market.

It is conceivable that one of those "salivating gm's" if they really want something is going to take a flyer on someone they may not want in order to get someone that they may want.

And in terms of fans playing GM, there are quite a few of them out there --- so the deal is this:

First guy to want one of these guys -that agrees to take Huet as well is probably going to get the guy they want.

southerncross116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 11:41 PM
RollingPuck

Quote:
Hey guys Habs fan here. Grats on making it to the finals, good luck and i really am pushing for you guys.
You push, we'll pull, and maybe we'll get that cup to Michigan Avenue.

RollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 715
Quote:
untouchable
^^^^

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 01:00 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:

Anyways most of the league knows the Hawks are in a bit of cap trouble. The habs would love a player like beach on the team. Is he untouchable according to the hawks club ? What would it take to have him on the habs?

Good luck against philly! Pretty sure we'd take any salary dump except for huet ! lol
P.K.Subban

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Beach is as close to untouchable as it gets. He is the exact type of player we'd be looking for if we were to trade him. We have no reason to get rid of him short of a huge overpayment.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff

Beach's contract is $1.2 (according to capgeek)... relatively cheap, I know, but not something that fits under the cap as easily as some folks seem to imply.

That's not far from Skille's contract (capgeek says $1.3 next season) which has supposedly kept him in Rockford for the past couple years.

I agree Beach would be a good fit on the roster if they can afford it, but his value is probably as high or higher now than it has been since he was drafted (after a good season on and off the ice). Don't think he is untouchable at all, imho.

Brad Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 06:01 PM
stingo

I don't think Beach's 1.2 million cap hit is a big concern. He'll probably be on the team next year, no doubt.

stingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
JUICEY*

P.K. Subban and Louis Leblanc.

kthanksbye

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2010, 08:05 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gardner View Post
Beach's contract is $1.2 (according to capgeek)... relatively cheap, I know, but not something that fits under the cap as easily as some folks seem to imply.
If Beach can make the roster and actually produce, that makes some other winger expendable.
Quote:
That's not far from Skille's contract (capgeek says $1.3 next season) which has supposedly kept him in Rockford for the past couple years.
Well that and him sucking. Skille actually doesn't have a contract for next year, yet.

Quote:
I agree Beach would be a good fit on the roster if they can afford it, but his value is probably as high or higher now than it has been since he was drafted (after a good season on and off the ice). Don't think he is untouchable at all, imho.
What are they going to trade him for? Players? They can't afford any more players. Picks? Why trade a player that hasn't played yet for another one that hasn't played yet and won't for a few years?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 09:29 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If Skille wants to earn a roster spot, he's going to take a paycut.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
If Beach can make the roster and actually produce, that makes some other winger expendable.
That's a big 'if' in my opinion. Maybe I should have started with that point. You are right about Skille... he never played well enough to force the team to make room for him. But I haven't seen anything from Beach that suggests he'll light the ice on fire either.

I wonder how well he'll play physically when he's not bigger than most other players... how he can handle himself in the defensive zone... how well he can straddle that line between playing with an edge and hurting the team. There are still questions, like there are for any prospect beginning their pro career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
What are they going to trade him for? Players? They can't afford any more players. Picks? Why trade a player that hasn't played yet for another one that hasn't played yet and won't for a few years?
I was just disagreeing with the notion that Beach is untouchable.. didn't really mean that he has to be (or even should be) traded. He'd look attractive right now to teams accepting some of our salary and his cap number isn't something you can just throw on the fourth line, that's all I was trying to get across.

Brad Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by southloop View Post
You push, we'll pull, and maybe we'll get that cup to Michigan Avenue.

Not State Street?

Who really cares I guess, where, in Chicago the parade is held......as long as it is held!

GO HAWKS GO!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 02:27 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
I haven't seen anything from Beach that suggests he'll light the ice on fire either.
You're right that we haven't seen anything - at the NHL level. But he is the best forward prospect we have and he did lead the W in goals this season, which ain't peanuts. A right shooting LW with good size that plays with an edge and has a nice scoring touch makes his potential more valuable to us than what we could get for him in a trade.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 06:12 AM
Zim

Quote:

I wonder how well he'll play physically when he's not bigger than most other players... how he can handle himself in the defensive zone... how well he can straddle that line between playing with an edge and hurting the team. There are still questions, like there are for any prospect beginning their pro career.

At 6'3 and 202lbs he's still going to be bigger than the vast majority of NHL players, although he could probably do with adding a few extra lbs to that frame. He may not be able to be as physically dominating straight away because obviously men are stronger than teenagers but there is no lack of big strong guys who have come up from junior and been immediately effective physically against men.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Ubercron9000

I'm sure campbell can get a decent return. Huet seems to be the problem. If they want they could put him in the minors with all the money they will be making from the playoffs. They will still be able to ice a great team if they could try and get rid of those two players. It is going to be hard but there are ways.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
Not State Street?

Who really cares I guess, where, in Chicago the parade is held......as long as it is held!

GO HAWKS GO!

Parade if that's what the city would choose to do would be on LaSalle. That's where the Sox and Bears each had theirs, as the buildings are shorter and the windows open for ticker tape.

I hope it happens...

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote