Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

IHL/CHL Merger? UPD: 6/1 announced

Old
06-10-2010, 01:25 PM
SeaToby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkbghockey View Post
Generally That's a pretty good agreement, the thing about the NE Division/IHL teams playing more games- is points, it would adversly affect the NW Division/CHL teams in your plan and weigh the standings in the IHL favor.

One way to get around the number of games if no one wants to budge is split the difference and play a 68 game regular season.
The latter is true, the former is false. The CHL has been playing an unbalanced schedule forever, with much emphasis on local rivalries. Saying the NE would effect the NW standings is saying the SE or SW would effect the NW standings as well... Now you would be correct if the teams played each other the same number of times with a balanced schedule, but they don't ...

I repeat as long as two clubs in each division makes the playoffs, considering inter-division play which exists already, the number of games is moot...

SeaToby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Sting Fan 101

Port Huron Ice Hawks are gone and no IHL or CHL hockey in Port Huron.
It will be an interesting season 2010/11. Who will be around for next year? Maybe only JR Teams.

Sting Fan 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2010, 06:09 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fan 101 View Post
Port Huron Ice Hawks are gone and no IHL or CHL hockey in Port Huron.
It will be an interesting season 2010/11. Who will be around for next year? Maybe only JR Teams.
I would love to see Port Huron get an OHL team, probably more likely NAHL or USHL next season, that would also be nice, renew a rivalry with Muskegon Lumberjacks. I wouldn't get your hopes up for 2010-11 though, most of the Jr leagues have already had their drafts and both minor pro and jr. leagues are finalizing schedules around this time.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2010, 03:21 PM
SeaToby

The Kinneys of Port Huron tried to save the Flint situation to no avail... Anyone who can read a map can see Saint Charles as a possible location for a franchise. Its a shame many team buses will be driving through without stopping to play a game... Since the Kinneys and Randy Sanders are on the outside looking in, I think its best for both ownership groups to join forces and attempt a franchise in Saint Charles. If not Saint Charles, Des Moines might be suitable...

I am not wealthy, but if I were rich and owned a dormant franchise, I would attempt it... I can read a map...

SeaToby is offline   Reply With Quote