HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leblanc Thread (Update-Q Rights traded to M.Junior)

Old
06-05-2010, 03:47 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Well in the open the Habs have said they don't care if he plays in the Q or NCAA, but it's impossible to know if they have encouraged him to move to the Q, as Havard had a tough year and looks to be in the same boat again. (1)Not saying the Habs did this, just that it does seem a bit strange that he would opt to go to Havard where a few of his friends were at, then leave after one season to play in the Q for one season.

As an ECAC fan (more of a Cornell fan so him at Havard has been tough to root for) (2)I still hope he stays at Havard but would have no problem if he went to the Q as it should all but make him a lock for Team Canada, cause I personally feel that they seem to have some bias towards the CHL over the NCAA (not saying they don't pick any NCAAers since they clearly do)
1. That's the big reason why I asked my initial question. This comes up on occasion for college players - the same thing happened last year with Aaron Ness' WHL rights being traded to Brandon - as CHL rights get traded all the time (it's a good way for a team to improve themselves). However it's usually rare for players to leave after one year unless they were just drafted or the player/organization is not happy with how things are going.

2. I think that's been proven true over the years. All countries have their bias (i.e the US has one with players who suited up for the NTDP), but to be fair the Ivy's late start does dig another hole for their players.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 03:50 PM
katatoniak

I will be pissed if he comes in the Q and play for Montreal. I really wanted to go watch him with the Sags.

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Well the Junior might have a pretty good team after all. I'm not a fan of one player that was traded and I'm SO totally a fan of the other player but clearly both guys will be huge assets for the Juniors.

They just acquired Denis Kindl and Charles-Olivier Roussel!

On top of Lefebvre and Landry, those are nice acquisitions.

Noticeable losses are Asselin and Poudrier on the process though. But they are still a much better team. Imagine if Leblanc joins it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Best news of the off season so far imo.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Now as a fan I will be mad if he don't join the Q. I want to see Avtsyn and Leblanc on the same Line

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
He's not going to the Q. He made a choice and I'm sure he'll stick with it. The NCAA has good advantages for development. I know many trash it because of the number of games players have. (30-35 IIRC).

But... full 82 games season is too many for most junior players. They come in the league and they're simply not ready physically. Not as much quality practice like Russians either. So they come in the NHL and surprise, they need to fill out because they're not ready physically.

It just rubs me the wrong way to see the Q basically ignoring Leblanc's choice and keep hassling him about it. It's so arrogant too to believe the Q is better than the NCAA. They have a pretty bad track record compared to the OHL and WHL.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:19 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
He's not going to the Q. He made a choice and I'm sure he'll stick with it. The NCAA has good advantages for development. I know many trash it because of the number of games players have. (30-35 IIRC).

But... full 82 games season is too many for most junior players. They come in the league and they're simply not ready physically. Not as much quality practice like Russians either. So they come in the NHL and surprise, they need to fill out because they're not ready physically.

It just rubs me the wrong way to see the Q basically ignoring Leblanc's choice and keep hassling him about it. It's so arrogant too to believe the Q is better than the NCAA. They have a pretty bad track record compared to the OHL and WHL.
They play 68 games. Which pretty much discredits your entire post, just saying.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
1. That's the big reason why I asked my initial question. This comes up on occasion for college players - the same thing happened last year with Aaron Ness' WHL rights being traded to Brandon - as CHL rights get traded all the time (it's a good way for a team to improve themselves). However it's usually rare for players to leave after one year unless they were just drafted or the player/organization is not happy with how things are going.

2. I think that's been proven true over the years. All countries have their bias (i.e the US has one with players who suited up for the NTDP), but to be fair the Ivy's late start does dig another hole for their players.
1. I would think that the Habs are very happy with Leblanc's progression (unless they only watched him in those two games vs Minnesota this year where he wasn't very good) I don't know if they have some concerns with him being at Havard, but clearly they don't have any problems with the ECAC or Ivy league schools since they have drafted a number of players from there. There was some talk that Leblanc's decision on Havard had something to do with pressure from his parents but who knows, as I'm told they put a big emphasis on education. So perhaps if there were true, maybe he's now looking at what's best for his hockey career. That seems a bit far fetched so I have no clue if it holds any merit at all, but for me if he does leave Havard i'd be suprised since he turned down some big programs to play there with his friends so to leave for 1 year of the Q is not what I would have expected but whatever's best for his future is all I care about (I have no clue whats best for his future, so I don't really care where he plays, I like him in the ECAC since I follow the league closely)

2. Oh yea, i've been saying around here that the US has a clear basis towards kids from the USNDTP. I said that Danny Kristo would make the US team at 18 despite most saying he wouldn't but since he came from the USNDTP I felt he'd make it over bubble players (since he was a bubble player himself) and I said they overlooked Ryan McDonagh when he was 18 and he never played in the USNDTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well the Junior might have a pretty good team after all. I'm not a fan of one player that was traded and I'm SO totally a fan of the other player but clearly both guys will be huge assets for the Juniors.

They just acquired Denis Kindl and Charles-Olivier Roussel!

On top of Lefebvre and Landry, those are nice acquisitions.

Noticeable losses are Asselin and Poudrier on the process though. But they are still a much better team. Imagine if Leblanc joins it.
What's your take on Pascal Vincent? Is he a good coach for Leblanc (assuming he goes there)

Quote:
You got all this just out of Leblanc's rights being traded? wow

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Ncrdrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
They play 68 games. Which pretty much discredits your entire post, just saying.
You can try to dismiss my entire post if you want. It's still too many and it doesn't change a thing of what I said.

Old
06-05-2010, 04:33 PM
katatoniak

Is there any good offensive NHL player who played in the ECAC ?

Old
06-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Ncrdrg

Quote:
You got all this just out of Leblanc's rights being traded? wow
Yes. In case you missed it :

« Ma mission, c’est de le convaincre de jouer dans la LHJMQ l’an prochain, s’il n’est pas chez les professionnels. »

Vincent a aussi souligné qu’il n’avait jamais parlé à Leblanc mais qu’il allait communiquer avec lui au cours des prochains jours.

My point is. He made a choice, they should stop bugging him about it. The arrogance stuff, I got it from all the french media claiming the Q to be such a better choice and trashing the NCAA.
Maybe I shouldn't jump on the guys just trying their luck but like I said, it's just rubbing me the wrong way.

Old
06-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
What's your take on Pascal Vincent? Is he a good coach for Leblanc (assuming he goes there)
Tough to say. I know he's a whole lot about his system as well....might be a fine transition before Martin if Martin makes it that far....

He loves that his players show character so he won't have any problem with Leblanc showing it. I'm just not sure at how great a communicator he is.

I think that the Junior biggest loss might be Joel Bouchard if he indeed takes the commentator role with RDS. Even if Bouchard concentrate on the D's, he is there for every player as well.

Old
06-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

« Ma mission, c’est de le convaincre de jouer dans la LHJMQ l’an prochain, s’il n’est pas chez les professionnels. »

Vincent a aussi souligné qu’il n’avait jamais parlé à Leblanc mais qu’il allait communiquer avec lui au cours des prochains jours.

My point is. He made a choice, they should stop bugging him about it. The arrogance stuff, I got it from all the french media claiming the Q to be such a better choice and trashing the NCAA.
Maybe I shouldn't jump on the guys just trying their luck but like I said, it's just rubbing me the wrong way.
Maybe he talked to Leblanc already and if he did talk to him he will never tell the media

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Is there any good offensive NHL player who played in the ECAC ?
Off the top of my head, Joe Nieuwendyk (Cornell), Craig Conroy Eric Cole (Clarkson), Andy McDonald (Colgate) Todd White had a pretty good year with the thrashers (Clarkson). And of course Domic Moore (Havard) and Chris Higgins (Yale)

Old
06-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Habs 1909

From Bob Mckenzie's twitter:

Now that Louis Leblanc's QMJHL rights have been traded from Chicoutimi to Montreal, I will be shocked if he doesn't leave Harvard for Q.
If his rights hadn't been traded, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him play with Hamilton of the AHL this season.
Harvard's late start (no games until November) may have hurt Leblanc for WJC tryout. Don't think he will risk a repeat of that this year.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:45 PM
katatoniak

Thanks montreal

Old
06-05-2010, 04:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

I still don't get it. Yes he made a choice to go to Havard, by what's the big deal if coaches from the Q want him, I think it's a good thing, I'd rather have one of our draft picks actually have other leagues coaches trying to lure him to their league, since it's a sign they like how he plays the game.

I don't read the french media but I don't know why it would shock you to hear them say the Q is better then the NCAA, since it's a league in their back yard so of course they will like their league better. I just don't see anything big here, his rights were traded from one team to another, no biggee.

Quote:
Tough to say. I know he's a whole lot about his system as well....might be a fine transition before Martin if Martin makes it that far....

He loves that his players show character so he won't have any problem with Leblanc showing it. I'm just not sure at how great a communicator he is.

I think that the Junior biggest loss might be Joel Bouchard if he indeed takes the commentator role with RDS. Even if Bouchard concentrate on the D's, he is there for every player as well.
Systems coach, sounds good.

Old
06-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Not sure what you are trying to say. What choice did Leblanc take anyway? He was interviewed this week and said "I'll have to consider my options". Did you hear Leblanc saying that he was CLEARLY going back in Harvard? He made a choice last year, said this week that he's going through the options, the Habs are saying that Leblanc can do whatever he wants.

Now.....The Sags did select him at the draft. Could have selected somebody else, but used a pick for him. So whatever decision Leblanc takes, it's the Sags job, for themselves, to know what is Leblanc future. Now, the Junior traded for him. They gave assets for him. It's now Vincent's job to portrait what playing for the Junior would give to Leblanc.

It is still Leblanc's decision. What does he really have to lose? 1 hour of listening time? He listens, decides....says yes or no. ONCE HE SAYS I'M GOING BACK, stop bothering him. Until then, everybody is doing their job.

Yes, some believes the CHL is better than the NCAA? Now....where you should get your facts straight is that MOST french medias is NOT saying that it's better than the NCAA....but better than the ECAC. I keep hearing that the fact that he's not playing in Michigan, ND, BU, Boston College etc. is what's at stake right now. Then, for the small minority who still believes the Q is superior to the entire NCAA, well it's a minority. Yet, their arguments comes to game shape. Possible that while you'll have to wait for a Q player to build up a little, you might have to wait for a NCAA player to get into game shape for going from a 30ish game calendar to a 82. I say that it's on an individual case. Some can translate that better than others.

Yet, there are some pros and cons for every league. Pretty sure that most NCAA journalists will believe NCAA is better. Not sure why the Q journalists wouldn't find the Q as being better....Again, though, there is a difference betwee the NCAA as a whole and the ECAC.

Old
06-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
From Bob Mckenzie's twitter:

Now that Louis Leblanc's QMJHL rights have been traded from Chicoutimi to Montreal, I will be shocked if he doesn't leave Harvard for Q.
If his rights hadn't been traded, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him play with Hamilton of the AHL this season.
Harvard's late start (no games until November) may have hurt Leblanc for WJC tryout. Don't think he will risk a repeat of that this year.
Not saying he's wrong....but Stéphane Leroux who's really the Q expect felt before the Junior trade that Leblanc was seriously considering going back in Harvard. We'll see what the trade will mean to him. WE all heard the interview of Leblanc saying that what he missed the most was his mother's cooking....that trade just made it possible again....

Old
06-05-2010, 04:53 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
You can try to dismiss my entire post if you want. It's still too many and it doesn't change a thing of what I said.
Just read McKenzie's twitter post.

Old
06-05-2010, 04:55 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Not saying he's wrong....but Stéphane Leroux who's really the Q expect felt before the Junior trade that Leblanc was seriously considering going back in Harvard. We'll see what the trade will mean to him. WE all heard the interview of Leblanc saying that what he missed the most was his mother's cooking....that trade just made it possible again....
Leblanc met with Chicoutimi's management in the past few days and it's very likely that Leblanc told them he wouldn't join the Q if it meant going to Chicoutimi. It's possible, if not likely, that Montreal knows he'll join if they made that trade for him.

Old
06-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Galchenyuk94

Sweet, git'r dun, Vincent!

Come home Louis

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:59 PM
HomaridII

I really hope he comes to play in the Q .. what a treat to get to watch him play right here in Montreal.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Galchenyuk94

Just curious, it's obvious Vincent has to say he didn't talk with Leblanc, because that would be tampering no? Maybe he already knows he'll come play for mtl.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 05:05 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
I hope LeBlanc likes to play under pressure.

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote