HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who to get if we can't sign Kovalev

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Who to get if we can't sign Kovalev

Who would you like to see signed to play the wing on the top line with Koivu and Zeds??

I wouldn't mind Palffy or Kariya. but Kovy is my first choice.

Old
05-15-2004, 06:09 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
If we can't resign him Palffy or Pavel Bure will be great with Zed and Saku

Last edited by CH Wizard: 05-15-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old
05-15-2004, 06:11 PM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
If we can't resign him Palffy or Bure will be great with Zed and Saku
pavel?

Old
05-15-2004, 06:12 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby
pavel?
YES

Old
05-15-2004, 06:12 PM
prabak11

kariya~!~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

kariya-koivu-selanne line!

i say 3-4 million for kariya and 2-3 million for selanne

Old
05-15-2004, 06:13 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
YES
Pavel Bure??? You got to be kidding, he is pretty much done......he should retire soon officially cause he aint any kind of game breaker like he used to be

Old
prabak11

Quote:
YES
i think pavel's legs are done forever...oh he was such a good player i loved watching him play

Old
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabby
kariya~!~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

kariya-koivu-selanne line!

i say 3-4 million for kariya and 2-3 million for selanne
I don't know if Selanne could score again he is getting old and he is losing his scoring touch !!

Old
05-15-2004, 06:16 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
I don't know if Selanne could score again he is getting old and he is losing his scoring touch !!
At least he can skate *taking a jab at Buré*

Selanne, Kariya, I wouldn't mind having them

*edit* But Palffy like you said...mmm....that would be awsome.

Glen Murray would be a nice choice too.

Old
05-15-2004, 06:34 PM
RE-HABS

If we can't sign Kovalev we won't sign anyone, sorry to burst your bubble but Gainey is building this team through the draft and prospects like Savard was.

Selanne, Kariya, Hull and all UFA's won;t even enter Gainey's mind...especially Pavel Bure! Bure is done, his knees are like Bobby Orr's right now.

Old
05-15-2004, 06:54 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
If we can't sign Kovalev we won't sign anyone, sorry to burst your bubble but Gainey is building this team through the draft and prospects like Savard was.

Selanne, Kariya, Hull and all UFA's won;t even enter Gainey's mind...especially Pavel Bure! Bure is done, his knees are like Bobby Orr's right now.
I don't agree. Without someone to replace Kovalev we are in big big trouble. If it's not Kovalev, we will sign someone else. Roberts? Nieuwendyk? who care, we need an UFA top6 forward. We can fill our lineup with 6 rookies. It would be insane.

Old
05-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Guy Caballero

Primeau.

Old
05-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I don't agree. Without someone to replace Kovalev we are in big big trouble. If it's not Kovalev, we will sign someone else. Roberts? Nieuwendyk? who care, we need an UFA top6 forward. We can fill our lineup with 6 rookies. It would be insane.
Roberts and Nieuwendyk? people always make fun of the Leafs overaged underachievers I don`t really see these 2 fitting into the habs long term plans. If were going to sign anyone it should be a guy who could still be with the Habs in the next 5 years or so when all our prospects are either in the NHL or are busts. Someone mentioned Glen Murray I`d be fine with that he brings a good combo of size and talent

Old
05-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Murray would not be a great choice by many of you. If you **** about Dagenais for floating and waiting for the puck, boy oh boy what would you do to Murray.

Both are shooters.

Old
05-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Murray would not be a great choice by many of you. If you **** about Dagenais for floating and waiting for the puck, boy oh boy what would you do to Murray.

Both are shooters.
Depends on which Murray you're talking about. Are we talking about forechecking badass 30-goal man Murray on the Kings or cherry-picking 40-goal Murray on the B's? I'd dish out for the former and pass on the latter.

Old
05-15-2004, 08:42 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Roberts and Nieuwendyk? people always make fun of the Leafs overaged underachievers I don`t really see these 2 fitting into the habs long term plans. If were going to sign anyone it should be a guy who could still be with the Habs in the next 5 years or so when all our prospects are either in the NHL or are busts. Someone mentioned Glen Murray I`d be fine with that he brings a good combo of size and talent
UFA are sign for 2-3 years max anyway. I only named 2 UFA (Nieuwendyk, Roberts...), they are not my priority players of course...Kovalev, Palffy, Murray, Primeau, Madden, Hull are the bests...But Roberts/Nieuwendyk are better than nothing, what do you think of that?

Those 2 players are still as good as Ryder for exemple. I'm not sure we will be able to sign a top UFA, except for Kovalev, so those 2 guys are good picks for short contracts. At least they can score goals, Gilmour had trouble scoring....

Old
05-15-2004, 11:36 PM
leafaholix*

I doubt Montreal signs any big contract players ($4,000,000+).

If they sign Kovalev, that's because BG gave up quite a bit in return for Kovalev if he only has him for those 20 games.

Old
05-15-2004, 11:56 PM
H3ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I doubt Montreal signs any big contract players ($4,000,000+).

If they sign Kovalev, that's because BG gave up quite a bit in return for Kovalev if he only has him for those 20 games.
A Leafs' Fan having the same opinion as me about a Habs' related info? Man, I'm surely drunk

Old
05-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Marksman

How come nobody mentions ex-Canadien Mark Recchi? Personally I think Flyers might cut him loose seeing how many top line forwards they got.

Him and Koivu were just awesome in the day and he hasnt lost that much step over the years with 75 points this season. Ryder or maybe Hossa would complement their line just beautifully. He could help to fill some veteran leadership void if Quintal is gone too. Hes just perfect rolemodel for young forwards in the system.

Old
05-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
Recchi is also one of Saku's best friends, one of the biggest supporters when Saku had cancer.
Yeah, that makes me believe Recchi might be interested coming back, maybe even at lower rate. I hated when he had to leave town... but circumstances have changed since then, theres new GM in town. Couldnt care much about most former Canadiens players (Corson, Rucinsky, Savage or Damphousse etc), but this one I'd like to see back.

Old
05-16-2004, 04:12 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
In big trouble like we were at the beginning of the 2003-2004 . We weren't supposed to make the playoffs . By the time we had acquired Kovalev we were already close to having the spot clinched and Kovy did not do too much in those last 10 games. I love Kovy, I hope we sign him. But I fail to understand how our team would suddenly be garbage without him. The whole season was a success because of the TEAM not One player.

Old
05-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
In big trouble like we were at the beginning of the 2003-2004 . We weren't supposed to make the playoffs . By the time we had acquired Kovalev we were already close to having the spot clinched and Kovy did not do too much in those last 10 games. I love Kovy, I hope we sign him. But I fail to understand how our team would suddenly be garbage without him. The whole season was a success because of the TEAM not One player.
Yeah, and even Perreault did more than Kovalev. If Yanic and Juneau are replaced by young guys Hossa Plekanec or Higgins and UFA signing we will have equal if not even better team than before 03/04. In the end it will always come down to Koivus health and Theodores play.

Old
05-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Primeau.
I could never see in a million Phillie letting him go...

..unless you meant Wayne Primeau

Old
05-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Depends on which Murray you're talking about. Are we talking about forechecking badass 30-goal man Murray on the Kings or cherry-picking 40-goal Murray on the B's? I'd dish out for the former and pass on the latter.
I think Gainey should make offers for Murray (2y@4M?) and Knuble too (3y@1.5M?), just to make them slightly more difficult for Bruins to re-sign.

If they bite, Murray would be big upgrade over Dagenais, b/c he'd give Habs right shot forward they could use on the top six. Knuble would be improvement over Dackell/Sundstrom and capable filling out for top lines too. Maybe they'd like getting chance to play in conference semis too, instead of being swept every other season by Habs.

Closed Thread