HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Montreal Nitro Lite Sticks

Old
06-09-2010, 08:31 PM
meanolthing

vCash: 500
Montreal Nitro Lite Sticks

Hey everybody, as the title suggests, I'm looking for some information on the Nitro Lite line of Montreal sticks (not the goaltender line). Are these any good? I can't find much information on them in the boards or elsewhere, other than they seem to be somewhat uncommon. Are they heavy? Seller indicates that these run long (70 inches), and the stick is in 80 flex. My other sticks measure approximately 64.5 inches and are rated 100 flex or stiffer, if I cut this one down to size, what sort of flex should I expect? Chart I was looking at estimates 5 inches cut would put the flexibility around the upper 90's. Are Montreal Nitro's decent, or would I be better off buying something else (seller wants $145+25 to ship)? Because those Harrow 300's are tempting as well...

Thanks for your assistance!

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Lukko4

vCash: 500
Cannot go wrong with Montral Nitro sticks. I have used Montreal Nitro 6500 shafts for the last 4 years and haven't broken one of them. I was lucky enough to buy some on ebay a while back $50/shaft so I bought a lot of 6 shafts and am still on the first one. I find them light, the flax is obviously starting to go, it's much more whippy now than I like, but I want to see what it's going to take to break this thing. It is literally missing some chunks out of the bottom 1/3 of the shaft, but still very solid. It's the way they use the fibres in the shaft for strength, weaving them, making it really solid, where as the rest of the companies just roll sheets of graphite.

The price the guy is asking is fairly steep since Montreal was bought out by Warrior like what now, 2 years ago so these may have been sitting around a while, but regardless, I think Montreal sticks are a great investment.

Lukko4 is offline   Reply With Quote