HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schenn and Loktionov

Old
06-01-2010, 03:26 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Lokti just doesn't interest me that much just yet. Maybe it's because I don't think he's quite ready. If anything, I think Moller is more ready than Lokti.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Lokti just doesn't interest me that much just yet. Maybe it's because I don't think he's quite ready. If anything, I think Moller is more ready than Lokti.
Loktionov must be miles and miles away if you think Moller is more ready.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Loktionov must be miles and miles away if you think Moller is more ready.
Apparently.

Moller's a good player. I'm not quite sure why some of you guys don't think he'll be an nhler or be ready next year. I thought he played well in the time that he was here this year. I say Moller makes the nhl roster next year. It may not be with the kings but I think he's good enough to be in the nhl next season.

Old
06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Anjae11Eden

Quote:
Apparently.

Moller's a good player. I'm not quite sure why some of you guys don't think he'll be an nhler or be ready next year. I thought he played well in the time that he was here this year. I say Moller makes the nhl roster next year. It may not be with the kings but I think he's good enough to be in the nhl next season.
Not trying to be a jerk, but have you watched Loktionov with any regularity? At the Monarchs games I've attended, Loktionov is A LOT more noticeable...in a good way. They both are undersized, but Lokti is more productive offensively. So how do you think Moller is ahead of Lokti?
Re: Moller, I'm not ready to write the kid off yet so don't get me wrong, but he ain't ready. If he is pounding the weights and bulking up as we chat, he will give himself his best chance for next year. But the playoffs just finished and he was pretty damn quiet. Did you read what Hextall had to say about him? If he is getting pushed around and unable to buy himself time/space at the AHL level, It's going to be quite unlikely he can do better at the NHL level.

Where would you see Moller fitting in on this team right now?

Anjae11Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
Parse does NOT deserve to be on a line higher than Richardson. Richardson has had a consistent year for the most part while Parse has been a healthy scratch quite a few times this year.
Consistent? The guy went what...30 games without a point?

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
You can't get more consistant than that...

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:21 PM
King of Sorrow

Quote:
Why would Simmonds get bumped off the first line and be replaced with Lokti?
Because Loktionov is the flavor of the month?????

King of Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:53 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
He brought energy game in and game out even if he did no get a point either.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I love Loktionov so far, and I am beginning to wince at Oscar Moller. He has a lot of work to do this summer.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I love Loktionov so far, and I am beginning to wince at Oscar Moller. He has a lot of work to do this summer.
Unless our boy Loktionov puts on some weight, gets stronger, and gets faster then you may be wincing at Lokti. I don't know man. I am not seeing it with him anytime soon. Then again, I realize that one summer in the weight room can make a huge difference...pun intended.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 12:24 AM
johnjm22

I sometimes think the whole "bulking up" thing is a bit overrated.

Datysuk 5-11 / 194lbs
Loktionov 5-11 / 187lbs

I suppose 7lbs of muscle is a lot though.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I sometimes think the whole "bulking up" thing is a bit overrated.

Datysuk 5-11 / 194lbs
Loktionov 5-11 / 187lbs

I suppose 7lbs of muscle is a lot though.
It is but the frame also matters. It's difficult to tell in a jersey but Lokti is built like an adolescent boy.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 12:32 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I'm a huge Moller fan and am excited about Lokti, but I don't see either ready next year. Lokti came in to the Kings this season and didn't even last half the game. I know that injury could have happened to a lot of players, but he got tangled up with someone at center ice. I've seen the same play 1000s of times and most players are fine. His arm/shoulder was not strong enough to take the pull and he was out for months. Again, I know it could happen to anyone, but that was very telling to me that he isn't ready.

Moller on the other hand, I think he looks pretty good when he's with the Kings but the problem is we don't have the room, nor is he good enough right now to play in the top 6 for us. He can't play bottom six because he doesn't have the skill set. The one thing I adore about Moller is he tries every shift and despite getting pounded out there, he back up on his feet. I keep thinking back to the Ducks game when he got leveled by Perry (or was it Getzlaf?) and he was up on his feet and in the scrum. That says a lot about a player. My issue is, he isn't producing a lot at the AHL level. When will it click?

And I just have to say, I've read 3 threads today and every single one people have Kovy in our lineup. I want us to go out and sign him, or someone who can come in and be a huge impact, but you guys are getting your hopes too high. You act as if he's a lock. Dean could throw him a HUGE contract and that doesn't mean he'll sign it. I just expect many people disappointed and extremely pissed off come July 1 if he signs somewhere else. Why don't we wait and see before listing him as one of our core and being with us in 5-10 years.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Kings man 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I'm a huge Moller fan and am excited about Lokti, but I don't see either ready next year. Lokti came in to the Kings this season and didn't even last half the game. I know that injury could have happened to a lot of players, but he got tangled up with someone at center ice. I've seen the same play 1000s of times and most players are fine. His arm/shoulder was not strong enough to take the pull and he was out for months. Again, I know it could happen to anyone, but that was very telling to me that he isn't ready.

Moller on the other hand, I think he looks pretty good when he's with the Kings but the problem is we don't have the room, nor is he good enough right now to play in the top 6 for us. He can't play bottom six because he doesn't have the skill set. The one thing I adore about Moller is he tries every shift and despite getting pounded out there, he back up on his feet. I keep thinking back to the Ducks game when he got leveled by Perry (or was it Getzlaf?) and he was up on his feet and in the scrum. That says a lot about a player. My issue is, he isn't producing a lot at the AHL level. When will it click?

And I just have to say, I've read 3 threads today and every single one people have Kovy in our lineup. I want us to go out and sign him, or someone who can come in and be a huge impact, but you guys are getting your hopes too high. You act as if he's a lock. Dean could throw him a HUGE contract and that doesn't mean he'll sign it. I just expect many people disappointed and extremely pissed off come July 1 if he signs somewhere else. Why don't we wait and see before listing him as one of our core and being with us in 5-10 years.
It was Bobby Ryan.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 08:05 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Who cares if Moller gets knocked on his ass??? The bottom line is the guy's tough and he'll get right up. He's got the heart and the skills. He just needs the quality ice time. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a spot for him next season on our roster.

Old
06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
no name

Quote:
Who cares if Moller gets knocked on his ass??? The bottom line is the guy's tough and he'll get right up. He's got the heart and the skills. He just needs the quality ice time. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a spot for him next season on our roster.
Moller has seen a lot of top 6 and PP time. He just isn't ready yet. Unfortunately, the NHL has produced so many stars by age 20 recently that too many fans and systems for that matter give up too early. Moller should have never been called up so early.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 09:09 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Loki and Moller would be much better players in the NHL as wings, with how undersized they are they would get destroyed in the faceoff circle by guys like Handzus, and Stoll that use size and leverage to win faceoffs. That said the main fault right now with both of them is that they need to get stronger and improve in areas like balance and get stronger on their skates. Moller especially needs to figure out how to be ellusive on his skates and figure out that he's not 6'2" and can overpower players. Too many times while he was in LA he would try to engage someone in the corners or along the boards and end up getting knocked over trying to make a hit. He needs to learn how to use his low center of gravity to help roll off and skate through checks and physical contact. This is something that Loki could benefit from learing as well.

Good thing is both Loki and Oscar have the ability to work through these issues in Manchester next year and not in the NHL... In a year or two they'll get a shot but I honestly don't think either is ready to handle a full season at the NHL level at this point, but they should be a very dangerous one, two combo in Manch next year growing into the roles that they'll play in the NHL.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 12:55 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
It was Bobby Ryan.
Thanks, I can't believe I forgot it was Bobby Ryan. I kind of liked him before that crap move.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 03:10 AM
markisonfire

Can Moller even legally drink yet? I hope in two or three years he will be our second line right wing. But he has a lot of time and a lot of size to gain. Let us not give up hope. Please forget how spoiled we were with Doughty.

I personally hope that at least one of Clifford/Schenn/Loktionov makes the big club this coming year, preferrably Schenn so that he doesn't have to go back to juniors.

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Loktionov
Smyth-Schenn-Brown
Clifford-Handzus-Simmonds

That would be a sick top 9, except I'm not sure about Lokti on the top line RW. We can hope, though. That would be 6/9 home grown talents in our top 9... wow. I would add a fourth line of

Parse-Richardson-Clune

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote