HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Carcillo & Bartulis in for Game 2.

Old
05-31-2010, 06:20 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
while I agree that Parent needs to sit, I dont agree that swapping out JVR for Carcillo is a perfect move. What do you do if Carcillo crosschecks Kane out of frustration in a tie game late and they score?
I realize it is a fine line in doing something like this. You just hope that Carcillo can walk that fine line and doesnt cross the line into doing something stupid.
I do agree you cannot sit Asham. He has been fantastic.
? Carcillo has been very disciplined the past few series.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Amateur Hour

Bartulis was impressive tonight. He was calm with the puck and made both good decisions and also some nifty moves to maneuver out of trouble. The kid's a smart player and galaxies better than Parent.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan1221 View Post
We'll need Lappy tonight. He was out of his element in game one with no penalties to kill. Our even strength number are good with Carcillo in the line up. JVR needs a mental break. I'll trust Lavy here.
Did Lappy play? Oh yeah, and he was horrible. He's not right. He can't skate, doesn't hit, fumbles the puck. Sit him out, put JVR back in and let Carcillo play with Richards.

We need to get Richards and Carter going, let's let Briere and Leino help them - we can always reunite that line if we need to:

Gagne-Richards-Leino - works as a PP unit, why not at FS?
Hartnell-Carter-Briere - worked all year
JVR-Giroux-Asham
Powe-Betts-Carcillo

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Did Lappy play? Oh yeah, and he was horrible. He's not right. He can't skate, doesn't hit, fumbles the puck. Sit him out, put JVR back in and let Carcillo play with Richards.

We need to get Richards and Carter going, let's let Briere and Leino help them - we can always reunite that line if we need to:

Gagne-Richards-Leino - works as a PP unit, why not at FS?
Hartnell-Carter-Briere - worked all year
JVR-Giroux-Asham
Powe-Betts-Carcillo

Agreed, you're seeing the same Lappy I am. He's so far out of the play on the forecheck he'd need a GPS to find the puck carrier. I love his usual game but we're not getting it right now.

It's a tough position to be in for Laviolette as well. How do you sit the ultimate teammate?

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:59 PM
CharlieGirl

Can anyone tell me where Carcillo was last night? The last I saw of him was when he took Carter out with a great hit.

Lappy was very good on the PK last night. Particularly when Richards was in the box. There's a reason the Hawks didn't generate anything - and Lappy/Betts were a big reason for it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Can anyone tell me where Carcillo was last night? The last I saw of him was when he took Carter out with a great hit.

Lappy was very good on the PK last night. Particularly when Richards was in the box. There's a reason the Hawks didn't generate anything - and Lappy/Betts were a big reason for it.

I love Lappy's work on the PK as always, Otherwise he was a liability. We need Carcillo's aggressiveness IMO.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
I actually thought Lappy was pretty good last night

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote