HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Alex Forsberg - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2013 undrafted)

Old
01-06-2013, 02:38 AM
zjh
@ZenonHerasymiuk

vCash: 500
I guess there is just no respect in this game anymore.

PG invested a lot of time in developing this kid, so when things go south, he bolts.

I'm not a fan, but I wish the best of luck to him.

zjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:44 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Indentured servitude?

This kid was given opportunity that most of us can only dream of. It looks like he wasnt willing to put in the hard work required to turn the pumpkin into a carriage. Nobody is saying it is easy, but he had the opportunity to set himself up for life here. And he was/is free to decide that it isnt his bag and go home at any time of his choosing, which is what he eventually did.

The only sad part is seeing someone squander an opportunity of this magnitude, but if that is truly his desire, then he can get a Joe job like the rest of us pleebs.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:03 AM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Indentured servitude?

This kid was given opportunity that most of us can only dream of. It looks like he wasnt willing to put in the hard work required to turn the pumpkin into a carriage. Nobody is saying it is easy, but he had the opportunity to set himself up for life here. And he was/is free to decide that it isnt his bag and go home at any time of his choosing, which is what he eventually did.

The only sad part is seeing someone squander an opportunity of this magnitude, but if that is truly his desire, then he can get a Joe job like the rest of us pleebs.
Given the opportunity? Or did he earn it by way of his talent? Is the Prince George management and coaching staff "putting in the hard work"? I don't know. Given the dismal record of this team over the last number of years that's a pretty open question.

Perhaps Forsberg is squandering an opportunity. With the old school mentality that remains prevalent in hockey circles, it wouldn't surprise me at all. So in that sense i take your point. But just once i would like someone to explain to me why when a team trades a player that GM isn't seen to have an "attitude"? Sure, their intelligence might be questioned, but no one suggests they have "character" issues. Nope, it's just 17 year old kids with that particular defect. It's an interesting double standard that seems particularly predominant in the sports world.

dickiedunnwrotethis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Indentured servitude?

This kinda smack of envy here to me, sure most of us would die for a chance to play, but we never really ever think out all of those ramifications either.

Your non answer to my previous question was actually answered by your slinece on it.

Very few of the "respect hockey" crowd would want to be treated this way in their professions at such a young age to boot.

I have had family members been involved in recruiting (football) where both sides have a choice about which university the player will be attending.

Junior hockey like it or not is not a non prophet enterprise, it's a business 1st and foremost.

Sure most of the people involved love the game but let's not cloud our judgement here about the situation as I bet few of us stay with any 1 organization in our lives either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiedunnwrotethis View Post
Given the opportunity? Or did he earn it by way of his talent? Is the Prince George management and coaching staff "putting in the hard work"? I don't know. Given the dismal record of this team over the last number of years that's a pretty open question.

Perhaps Forsberg is squandering an opportunity. With the old school mentality that remains prevalent in hockey circles, it wouldn't surprise me at all. So in that sense i take your point. But just once i would like someone to explain to me why when a team trades a player that GM isn't seen to have an "attitude"? Sure, their intelligence might be questioned, but no one suggests they have "character" issues. Nope, it's just 17 year old kids with that particular defect. It's an interesting double standard that seems particularly predominant in the sports world.
See I agree with this, it takes a balanced approach as both the team, league and players have needs and wants and they don't always agree or even have the same interests at heart.

I don't know or even care if Forsberg has an attitude problem, my concern is that his options are limited because of the over control (there really isn't a good argument as to why the draft is needed, every team has a 50 player list) of the league and team about his interests here.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
This kinda smack of envy here to me, sure most of us would die for a chance to play, but we never really ever think out all of those ramifications either.

Your non answer to my previous question was actually answered by your slinece on it.

Very few of the "respect hockey" crowd would want to be treated this way in their professions at such a young age to boot.

I have had family members been involved in recruiting (football) where both sides have a choice about which university the player will be attending.

Junior hockey like it or not is not a non prophet enterprise, it's a business 1st and foremost.

Sure most of the people involved love the game but let's not cloud our judgement here about the situation as I bet few of us stay with any 1 organization in our lives either.
You dont bring anything to the table. That is why I wont respond to your gobbledy-gook any longer. Other than this time, as a courtesy to let you know why.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
You dont bring anything to the table. That is why I wont respond to your gobbledy-gook any longer. Other than this time, as a courtesy to let you know why.
What table do you sit at exactly?

Look it's pretty obvious that you wouldn't want to be treated that was in your profession so your non answer will speak volumes.

I'm not here for your high and mighty approval either just a serious discussion on hockey ideas, if you are so enlightened just let us know where we can buy your weekly column or which organization pays you for your insight.

Chances are that you are just another opinion just like me.

Let's hope that Forsberg lands somewhere before the deadline so that both he and PG can get started on rebuilding their careers.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:40 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

he wasn't traded. what now? junior a?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

well done PG... didn't trade him before the deadline... make him sit in Junior A now... i love it!!!!... before the season he was a possible NHL 1st rounder... now hes stuck in Junior A unless he stops being a baby and comes back to PG

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:39 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
well done PG... didn't trade him before the deadline... make him sit in Junior A now... i love it!!!!... before the season he was a possible NHL 1st rounder... now hes stuck in Junior A unless he stops being a baby and comes back to PG
Yeah, not a very good decision by him.

Should have come back and made his request like a man (I get it he's a teenager, but this shows a lot of immaturity). It reeks of losing at a game and taking your ball and going home.

It's too bad, would have liked to see him somewhere else, but his play and actions hurt himself here.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

The Humboldt Broncos have Alex Forsberg on their protected list. However, they are denying that he will dress up for the Broncos this season so far.

Quote:
NO FORSBERG

Brockman denied rumours circulating around that Prince George Cougars' holdout Alex Forsberg was practicing with the Broncos.

"He wasn't skating," said Brockman. "We have him on our protected list, but that's it.

"I wish." Brockman said Forsberg would have to be given his release by the WHL team and he does not think that would happen.

"They're not going to let him come back to junior A," he said.

"A lot of people are making up something out of nothing. It's not going to happen."

Read more: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/calm+b...#ixzz2HcU8Pduh

Last edited by Fuzzy Bunny: 01-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:56 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
It's not like Prince George is free of the issue. They hurt themselves by not getting anything for him (probably figured he was bluffing). Prince George was likely asking for too much. It's possible that no one was offering much for him, but according to rumors, that wasn't the case.

But Dude's got a long way to go to help show he's worthy of getting picked in the 2013 draft. He's got a lot of potential still and if he could smarten up, he could still have potential as a pick. But going back to Junior A is going to hurt his status.

Maybe a team takes him with a low pick and tells to get his act together. Similar to how Ebert was taken so low last year (I know the two players aren't comparable in playing styles or situations but I digress...)

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:57 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I could see him join the USHL, because I doubt he goes back to Prince George from this whole situation.

Is there a way that he can join OHL or LHJMQ without waivers.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
It's not like Prince George is free of the issue. They hurt themselves by not getting anything for him (probably figured he was bluffing). Prince George was likely asking for too much. It's possible that no one was offering much for him, but according to rumors, that wasn't the case.

But Dude's got a long way to go to help show he's worthy of getting picked in the 2013 draft. He's got a lot of potential still and if he could smarten up, he could still have potential as a pick. But going back to Junior A is going to hurt his status.

Maybe a team takes him with a low pick and tells to get his act together. Similar to how Ebert was taken so low last year (I know the two players aren't comparable in playing styles or situations but I digress...)
What were the rumours?

Old
01-10-2013, 07:45 PM
trellaine201

Maybe he will decide to go to university and get an education. What else is left?

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

EDIT: I have been informed that the odds of Forsberg being released to Humboldt now are "good" by a well-known WHL blogger and commentator.

Also, I have it confirmed that Forsberg has been skating, unofficially, with the Humboldt Broncos as they wait for him to be released. Why it was denied in the papers I am unsure.

So that will in all likelihood be his landing spot for the remainder of the season.

Last edited by Fuzzy Bunny: 01-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 08:54 PM
trellaine201

good question.

perhaps he resurfaces in the summer, maybe traded at that point?

wonder what direction he is going? you would think his dad has a plan for him lol

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:59 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
Maybe he will decide to go to university and get an education. What else is left?
I hear the pail factory is hiring.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
he wasn't traded. what now? junior a?
Playing Junior A is Saskatchewan.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:07 PM
billybobjoe2112

vCash: 504
My friend works with the Cats and knows stuff. Alex was told to keep working out to stay in shape during the lockout. He said he didn't need to work out because he was the top guy on the team. The team said stay in shape or don't come back and he said no thanks. They told him to stay home and are now killing his career by not trading him. He brought it on himself.

billybobjoe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:08 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
good question.

perhaps he resurfaces in the summer, maybe traded at that point?

wonder what direction he is going? you would think his dad has a plan for him lol
if he manages to get drafted, you'd think the nhl team would nudge things along.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

Alex Forsberg twitter:

Quote:
alex forsberg ‏@alexforsberg27
@JFontaine32 I guess I'm gonna get to see this place you call home and are always bragging about #fonzville
Fontaine is from Humboldt, SK. As previously mentioned the Broncos have him on their protected list in the SJHL.

Quote:
justin Lund ‏@jaylund26
Would like the welcome a good bud and old Liney to the humboldt broncos @alexforsberg27 #sj #rbc #lightitup
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
---
---
50m alex forsberg ‏@alexforsberg27
@jaylund26 thanks buddy! probably see you tomorrow
Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite

Old
01-10-2013, 09:41 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Wow the damage he would do in Jr. A... and for a team that is very good year in year out, although a part of me wants him to rot but i also think (hope) there is another part to this

GuillaumeLetsundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:19 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
My friend works with the Cats and knows stuff. Alex was told to keep working out to stay in shape during the lockout. He said he didn't need to work out because he was the top guy on the team. The team said stay in shape or don't come back and he said no thanks. They told him to stay home and are now killing his career by not trading him. He brought it on himself.
Your friend is a little short on facts.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:21 PM
puckfan13

Wow, why would PG do this... another example of asset mismanagement and poorly ran junior program. Getting a small amount for Forsberg from another team is better than getting nothing for him to not even play on your team at all. Good job Dallas Thompson.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:23 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Wow, why would PG do this... another example of asset mismanagement and poorly ran junior program. Getting a small amount for Forsberg from another team is better than getting nothing for him to not even play on your team at all. Good job Dallas Thompson.
Nothing is stopping them from trading him in the summer.