HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF CV template for the boss

Old
06-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Haberdashery

vCash: 500
HF CV template for the boss

What happened to the thread on the CVs? Just spent the last 20 minutes on this and suddenly the thread is gone...... sorry - I need to post this......

Hey PG:

I have watched junior players on TV for years and years, and I even went to a game once and saw Sydney Crosby and thought he was going to be really good and he was, so I'd like to think I'm a better scout than those idiots that were hired by that idiot Hulk Timmons.

You were very rite to fire those bad scouts - and for me it was a signal from you to me to send you in my rezume.

For years now I've read all of the draft rankings, watched a few prospects on the TV, and most importantley watched grainy webcasts...then came up with rankings that included many players I'd never seen, but sure read a lot about, especialy from message boards.

Your ex-idiot scouts had to get by on going to 150+ games, discussing players with other members of the idiotic staff, and bouncing opinions off other NHL scouts, many who must be idiots because there teams sometymes screw up first round picks to. I bet none of them even went to HF Boards to find out the real inside stuf.

I suffer from long and short term memory loss so I think I'd be prefect for the job - as time goes on I'm rarely rong..... I look back on drafts and forget that I pushed for guys like Justin Jokinen, Vlad Evseev, Wes O'Neill, Kyle Chipchura, etc., etc., and pretend that I actually really wanted a prospect who has since blosommed. This of coarse then gives me the right to put down first round picks like Patch a couple of years after he was drafted because he's not a 30-goal scorer in the NHL yet. What a bum he is eh? I bet you can't wait to get rid of him......a bust already at 21!!!! If you hyre me I'll help you get rid of him - we'll just trade him to Timmons' new team!!!!!

Anyway..... I would think you'll want me to be your main scout after a year when you see how smeart I is, so it mite be alright for you to keep the idiot Timmons for one more year while you show me the ropes. I hear that's what you did with Morel, showed him the ropes.... one of the main scouts on HF Boards said that so it must be trew.

I'll leave you my number just in case you'd rather just call me to give me the job.

All my beste

HF scout

Haberdashery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Aarex

Its too early for me to determine if this is a joke or not.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbanation View Post
Its too early for me to determine if this is a joke or not.
Yes it is a joke. There was a thread last night with joke resumes being handed in.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

I still believe that Chipchura is the next Brind'amour

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Justin Jokinen...Yikes was I wrong.

But I did get Grachev right

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Newhabfan

The only difference with a regular joke post is that the OP is most likely very close to (if not actually one of) the recently fired scouts. He brought us the scoop one day before the media got it - which is quite unexpected for a regular and rather chaotic hockey fan board.

If that's the case - man, I'm sorry for your loss. You must feel a lot of anger and pain. You probably were devoted and involved, and were investing a lot of your passion and yourself in this job. S..t happens. Things do not turn out the way we want it, and sometimes it does not have to do anything with our action.

If bringing these issues to the HF boards gets you some sort of relief and catharsis - by all means do it. It won't bring you healing and serenity though. For that you need radical acceptance. What happened, happened. Nothing you can do will change it - it sucks but that's life.

In the words of Yoda - "Pain leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering". Smart words for a SF movie.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Mike8

This is not terribly amusing nor creative.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
This is not terribly amusing nor creative.
Truth hurt

Old
06-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Haberdashery

Nope - I never lost my job. I know it's fun to try to read between the lines, but the conclusion is wrong more than it's right. ;-)

Reading the many irrational, hasty, know-more-than-anyone else posts on here when it comes to scouting is what I was venting about.... I know the scouting business very well due to a variety of reasons, and I also know that no teams have perfect drafting records - trying to judge whether a 17-year-old will be great or a bust is a very inexact science...yet many people on here...all of whom have never scouted professionally, profess to have all the answers..... it's especially grating when they label a player a bust by the time he's 21...when history has shown since the inception of the draft that the average age for a player to become an NHL regular is 23+ years of age.

Anyway - I've had my say.......

Old
06-01-2010, 11:57 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haberdashery View Post
Nope - I never lost my job. I know it's fun to try to read between the lines, but the conclusion is wrong more than it's right. ;-)

Reading the many irrational, hasty, know-more-than-anyone else posts on here when it comes to scouting is what I was venting about.... I know the scouting business very well due to a variety of reasons, and I also know that no teams have perfect drafting records - trying to judge whether a 17-year-old will be great or a bust is a very inexact science...yet many people on here...all of whom have never scouted professionally, profess to have all the answers..... it's especially grating when they label a player a bust by the time he's 21...when history has shown since the inception of the draft that the average age for a player to become an NHL regular is 23+ years of age.

Anyway - I've had my say.......
I think part of the problem is the timing. Many Hab fans are still pissed at how the season ended, and it stings to watch the ****ing flyers in the finals when it could be us. Having guys like Giroux/Richards/Carter kick our ass while the guys we picked over them were no where to be found, just adds fuel to the fire. It may be greedy since we weren't even expected to make it past the caps, but it would have been so sweet to finally be back in the finals. Who knows if we will even make the playoffs next year, as we can't keep trying to squezze in as an 8th seed, so to come so close to the finals only to get beat so badly likely has many fans still in a foul mood.

But either way there's always going to be know it all scouts at HF, it's always been that way, don't see it changing ever.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Haberdashery

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I think part of the problem is the timing. Many Hab fans are still pissed at how the season ended, and it stings to watch the ****ing flyers in the finals when it could be us. Having guys like Giroux/Richards/Carter kick our ass while the guys we picked over them were no where to be found, just adds fuel to the fire. It may be greedy since we weren't even expected to make it past the caps, but it would have been so sweet to finally be back in the finals. Who knows if we will even make the playoffs next year, as we can't keep trying to squezze in as an 8th seed, so to come so close to the finals only to get beat so badly likely has many fans still in a foul mood.

But either way there's always going to be know it all scouts at HF, it's always been that way, don't see it changing ever.
Are we supposed to just agree with them? Not sure about the point of your message....

By no means am I painting everyone with the same brush - there are some very good posters on here who don't profess to be the next Nostradamus... as long as there are going to be know-it-alls on here however, hopefully there will also be a proportionate number of posters willing to let them know they are full of hot air at times. It seems to have been slanted very much so in the corner of the whiners on here of late...and to be frank the quality of this board has been deteriorating because of it.

Old
06-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
Truth hurt
What is the truth being stated here, exactly?

Old
06-01-2010, 12:29 PM
icerocket

I think the OP should learn how to spell before making joke CVs.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
What is the truth being stated here, exactly?
The Op is saying that posters here are angry at the scout for their choices and that posters here think they know better then the actual professionnal scout when in fact they don't know anything.

that was pretty clear to me...i guess you didn't get it

Old
06-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
I think the OP should learn how to spell before making joke CVs.
The errors were intended to show how feebleminded HF poster scouts are. Read his other posts.

Old
06-01-2010, 12:42 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
The errors were intended to show how feebleminded HF poster scouts are. Read his other posts.
Oh my bad then.

I'm the idiot.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:43 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Are we supposed to just agree with them? Not sure about the point of your message....

By no means am I painting everyone with the same brush - there are some very good posters on here who don't profess to be the next Nostradamus... as long as there are going to be know-it-alls on here however, hopefully there will also be a proportionate number of posters willing to let them know they are full of hot air at times. It seems to have been slanted very much so in the corner of the whiners on here of late...and to be frank the quality of this board has been deteriorating because of it.
You don't have to agree, just saying that right now there's a lot of pissed off Hab fans that are going to be pointing the finger and placing blame. Such is life in bi-polar Hab land.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
You don't have to agree, just saying that right now there's a lot of pissed off Hab fans that are going to be pointing the finger and placing blame. Such is life in bi-polar Hab land.
It's also how the Internet works. You do not expect reading only quality controlled posts on such a board. Or at least not on the public boards.

Old
06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
The Op is saying that posters here are angry at the scout for their choices and that posters here think they know better then the actual professionnal scout when in fact they don't know anything.

that was pretty clear to me...i guess you didn't get it
It was clear. I said it wasn't terribly amusing nor creative, which is indicative of the fact that I fully understood this. Now what part of this supposed 'truth' is going to hurt me? Or did you not have a point at all in saying this?

Further, I find this whole thread to be contradictory in nature. The original poster is complaining about the quality of the forum deteriorating--this coming from a poster who has contributed a grand total of 15 posts to the forum. What contributions to the forum has he made, other than posting a thread, getting 50+ responses, then deleting it? Does someone with double digit posts have a right to really complain about contributions, when he has yet to contribute himself?

The original poster then goes on to mock posters for being 'know-it-alls', when he himself alleges that he has inside connections, and every post he has made places himself on a pedestal above all others. Sure, he may have connections, but the point remains that he's intended to put himself on a pedestal in these posts. One might point out that this act is precisely what know-it-all posters do.

All I've seen from this poster is that when asserting the Habs' scouting staff has done an admirable job in recent years, if faced with strong arguments questioning this, he wipes out the conversation. This is demonstrative not of someone who encourages hockey discussion, but of someone who wants to appear to be something they're not, and isn't prepared to deal with discourse that questions their truths.

Old
06-01-2010, 02:16 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:

Hi, my name is coolasprICE , and I was the OP for the CV thread that got deleted.

Considering you have connections, do you think you can put in a word for me man?

I dont pretend to b smart, I know I'm stupid, but I am generally lucky in gambling. Like you say - so much of drafting is a crap shoot, minus well go with the hot hand. lolz like me u know

Lemme no..

ps: I'm happy you didn't get fired, I was worried for a second... nobody wants someone to lose his/her job.

Quote:
It was clear. I said it wasn't terribly amusing nor creative, which is indicative of the fact that I fully understood this. Now what part of this supposed 'truth' is going to hurt me? Or did you not have a point at all in saying this?

Further, I find this whole thread to be contradictory in nature. The original poster is complaining about the quality of the forum deteriorating--this coming from a poster who has contributed a grand total of 15 posts to the forum. What contributions to the forum has he made, other than posting a thread, getting 50+ responses, then deleting it? Does someone with double digit posts have a right to really complain about contributions, when he has yet to contribute himself?

The original poster then goes on to mock posters for being 'know-it-alls', when he himself alleges that he has inside connections, and every post he has made places himself on a pedestal above all others. Sure, he may have connections, but the point remains that he's intended to put himself on a pedestal in these posts. One might point out that this act is precisely what know-it-all posters do.

All I've seen from this poster is that when asserting the Habs' scouting staff has done an admirable job in recent years, if faced with strong arguments questioning this, he wipes out the conversation. This is demonstrative not of someone who encourages hockey discussion, but of someone who wants to appear to be something they're not, and isn't prepared to deal with discourse that questions their truths.
It's true that he hasn't contributed much, but the fact remains that he told us about the firings before RDS or any relevant source.

I would take 100 "insider" posters with 15 contributions over 15 non-insider posters with 100 contributions.... Not sure if this makes sense, haha, but hopefully you get my point.

Quality over quanity - which ironically, does NOT reflect our drafting situation.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote