HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Winter Classic

Old
06-02-2010, 11:50 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
The weather is not an issue (unless it rains). The NHL has already stated that they could put ice outdoors almost anywhere. The Rose Bowl is an issue because of the date not the site. That is why it needs to be on a year in which Jan 1st is a Sunday, the Rose Bowl game is never played on a Sunday. Collisium is down the street from Staples, and never has games on Jan 1. So if it must in in a football stadium that one is an icon. I think that if the draft does well in LA that it would help the Kings cause. I look at the year 2017 as the year that could be the Kings year, if this sideshow event goes on that long.
Well, what they say, and what they can truly accomplish may be two differnet things.

I went to Frozen Fury One, which was played outdoors in 90+ degree heat and the ice was melting, and several players talked afterwards about how bad the ice was. So I am not so sure that ice issues wouldnt be a problem if we got a Santa Ana on New Year's Day.

But a Kings -- Av's game in Denver should have none of those problems.
Do it Bettman!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote