HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jack Skille will get offer sheets

Old
06-01-2010, 12:28 AM
flames123

vCash: 500
Jack Skille will get offer sheets

He is RFA this summer and IMO he should be playing in the NHL. The Hawks are very deep and strapped by the CAP. If someone offered up to 1.5M, the compensation is a 3rd, which is pretty good value for a former top 10 pick. With the Hawks being so tight to the CAP, they will, theoretically, not be able to match the sheet and be forced to take the 3rd. Skille needs some improvements but a young team that has the room for him in the top 9, could see how he works out. He has 8pts in 30 NHL games playing a diminished role. A full season could see him score 25+ points, good enough for the 3rd line.

Would this happen? If so, who would be offering?

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:33 AM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
He is RFA this summer and IMO he should be playing in the NHL. The Hawks are very deep and strapped by the CAP. If someone offered up to 1.5M, the compensation is a 3rd, which is pretty good value for a former top 10 pick. With the Hawks being so tight to the CAP, they will, theoretically, not be able to match the sheet and be forced to take the 3rd. Skille needs some improvements but a young team that has the room for him in the top 9, could see how he works out. He has 8pts in 30 NHL games playing a diminished role. A full season could see him score 25+ points, good enough for the 3rd line.

id offer him 1.5 from vancouver

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
They'd sign him and trade him before that.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:34 AM
sickest flow bro

Quote:

Id offer a 3rd 2011 for him plus a mediocre prospect like Stefanovich or Ryan, keep good relations between Hawks and T.O maybe make another deal for Eager, Versteeg, Ladd, Sharp or Byfuglien

sickest flow bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
He'll be signed before then.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:36 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies View Post
Id offer a 3rd 2011 for him plus a mediocre prospect like Stefanovich or Ryan, keep good relations between Hawks and T.O maybe make another deal for Eager, Versteeg, Ladd, Sharp or Byfuglien
It is not a sign and trade type thread. I was more so speculating that someone would give him a offer sheet and then give Chicago the required compensation for signing him as an RFA.

Old
06-01-2010, 12:38 AM
sickest flow bro

Since that's the case I'd guess Kevin Lowe

Old
06-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Analyzer*

This will only happen if Chicago somehow ****s a team over. Sends an offer sheet to someone, which they won't do, since they have to trade players to get under the cap.

Or, they agree to a trade with one team and then nix it to do another, or they want a step price from one team, but then that team rejects, then the hawks trade that player, or those players to another team for a cheaper deal.

I don't see the hawks doing any of that and to tender Skille and offer sheet would just piss Chicago off and you'll be crossed off their list and you'll miss out on the riches of their team that is available.

Old
06-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
It is not a sign and trade type thread. I was more so speculating that someone would give him a offer sheet and then give Chicago the required compensation for signing him as an RFA.
i could definitely see it happen because Chicago is already over the cap and is limited by the 10 percent rule in the offseason.... Skille if he's smart will use the leverage to his advantage and get a one way deal, in his position the last thing I'd do is resign in chicago until i explore the market

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
This will only happen if Chicago somehow ****s a team over. Sends an offer sheet to someone, which they won't do, since they have to trade players to get under the cap.

Or, they agree to a trade with one team and then nix it to do another, or they want a step price from one team, but then that team rejects, then the hawks trade that player, or those players to another team for a cheaper deal.

I don't see the hawks doing any of that and to tender Skille and offer sheet would just piss Chicago off and you'll be crossed off their list and you'll miss out on the riches of their team that is available.
your forgetting one thing, Skille himself, he wants to play... he hasnt had the opportunity in chicago. he has leverage and this is his opportunity to get himself a decent contract and a regular job.

thats why i see chicago trying to make a deal asap to create more wiggle room to reduce that leverage before they lose Skille

Old
06-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I was just thinkin' about the status of this fella today. Is he a bust? Or is it too early to tell? I always liked him as a player, but kinda forgot about him being buried in Chi-Town.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
your forgetting one thing, Skille himself, he wants to play... he hasnt had the opportunity in chicago. he has leverage and this is his opportunity to get himself a decent contract and a regular job.

thats why i see chicago trying to make a deal asap to create more wiggle room to reduce that leverage before they lose Skille
He'll be cheap, because he doesn't have much of a bargaining chip. Thus, he'll get time to play since Chicago needs cheap, but effective players to get under the cap and still be a top talent team. He'll get time to play, but it'll be in a bottom 6 role.

Old
06-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
I was just thinkin' about the status of this fella today. Is he a bust? Or is it too early to tell? I always liked him as a player, but kinda forgot about him being buried in Chi-Town.
He was a project at time of being picked (Tallon reached)

His D was subpar and he never looked right on ice with Hawks in previous seasons

He lost out to Versteeg for the open roster spot during the 08 training camp.

This year though he looked very good in his brief time with Hawks and had a strong 2 way year in Rockford

He is slated to be the 3rd line RW next year taking away the spot from Versteeg

I dont see him reaching the market as a RFA.

Hawks and him will come to terms on a deal and he will likely take the chance to jump onto Hawks roster after spending several years on farm.

This past camp was tough for him as he had no chance in hell to make team with the RW depth we had

Kane , Hossa and Versteeg as our 1-3 RW's

Skille has handled the situation well and seems like a good young player in lockerrom/on ice. Should fit in well with Hawks

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:03 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He was a project at time of being picked (Tallon reached)

His D was subpar and he never looked right on ice with Hawks in previous seasons

He lost out to Versteeg for the open roster spot during the 08 training camp.

This year though he looked very good in his brief time with Hawks and had a strong 2 way year in Rockford

He is slated to be the 3rd line RW next year taking away the spot from Versteeg

I dont see him reaching the market as a RFA.

Hawks and him will come to terms on a deal and he will likely take the chance to jump onto Hawks roster after spending several years on farm.

This past camp was tough for him as he had no chance in hell to make team with the RW depth we had

Kane , Hossa and Versteeg as our 1-3 RW's

Skille has handled the situation well and seems like a good young player in lockerrom/on ice. Should fit in well with Hawks
So you're going to trade Versteeg then?

Old
06-01-2010, 01:05 AM
sickest flow bro

The Leafs could definitely use some Skille upfront. Skille is something the Leafs have been lacking.

Old
06-01-2010, 01:07 AM
flames123

Quote:
The Leafs could definitely use some Skille upfront. Skille is something the Leafs have been lacking.
He could fill that 2nd line RW you need.....

Old
06-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
So you're going to trade Versteeg then?
Um,,,, Yep

Have you not been following our cap situation?

Versteeg is a good player but a luxury at that price on our 3rd line RW

Old
06-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Har. Har.

On a more serious note I wondered the same thing as the OP. I'm hoping Burke has his eye on him or some of the other potentially available Hawk.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He'll be cheap, because he doesn't have much of a bargaining chip. Thus, he'll get time to play since Chicago needs cheap, but effective players to get under the cap and still be a top talent team. He'll get time to play, but it'll be in a bottom 6 role.
but he does have leverage, chicago will have to give him at least 1.5M because several teams will gladly give up a 3rd for him.... I know the Isles would. The question is why would he sign for less in chicago? you think his agent doesnt let him know his options.....

look at what versteeg and buff got when Tallon screwed up... Skille wont sign for less than he'd get as an RFA

Old
06-01-2010, 01:12 AM
flames123

Quote:
Um,,,, Yep

Have you not been following our cap situation?

Versteeg is a good player but a luxury at that price on our 3rd line RW
I know all about your CAP situation but I haven't really heard what the "magic fix" was yet. Versteeg makes sense, but why not Sharp?

Or Bolland? Sharp and Versteeg can play centre.

Old
06-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
but he does have leverage, chicago will have to give him at least 1.5M because several teams will gladly give up a 3rd for him.... I know the Isles would. The question is why would he sign for less in chicago? you think his agent doesnt let him know his options.....

look at what versteeg and buff got when Tallon screwed up... Skille wont sign for less than he'd get as an RFA
Um Hawks dont have to give him 1.5 mil

He really has no leverage as offer sheets are fairly rare so this assumption he gets one is a bit absurd

If a team wants Skille and Hawks find he is too pricey we will trade him

Skille will get .975 or 1 mil at most ,,, Watch and see

Unproven young players dont get that much (Look at Lee's new contract in Ottawa)

Old
06-01-2010, 01:14 AM
sickest flow bro

Quote:

If it came down to it I'm sure Chicago would trade his rights before it came down to a bidding war. Burke doesnt like offer sheets, thats why he would offer more than the offer sheet would provide the opposing team (see Kessel) good way to keep relations between the teams.

Old
06-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
I know all about your CAP situation but I haven't really heard what the "magic fix" was yet. Versteeg makes sense, but why not Sharp?

Or Bolland? Sharp and Versteeg can play centre.
Sharp is more versatile and at this point in career is a better player

With cap going up 2 ml it is more likely we can keep Sharp , Bolland and Buff and only have to lose Ladd , Eager and Versteeg as far as our depth up front

Old
06-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
If it came down to it I'm sure Chicago would trade his rights before it came down to a bidding war. Burke doesnt like offer sheets, thats why he would offer more than the offer sheet would provide the opposing team (see Kessel) good way to keep relations between the teams.
That is true of Burke

And the Hawks did play a part in that trade as you recall so relations between Burke and Hawks front office are fairly good it would seem

Old
06-01-2010, 01:20 AM
sickest flow bro

Quote:
That is true of Burke

And the Hawks did play a part in that trade as you recall so relations between Burke and Hawks front office are fairly good it would seem
I think Skille would be a viable option if you guys are willing to part ways. Burke is high on Americans as well, any idea if Kessel and Skille get along, same age and both from Wisconsin.