HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jack Skille will get offer sheets

Old
06-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Isles_Guy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies View Post
If it came down to it I'm sure Chicago would trade his rights before it came down to a bidding war. Burke doesnt like offer sheets, thats why he would offer more than the offer sheet would provide the opposing team (see Kessel) good way to keep relations between the teams.
thats true, but either way the kid gets his money. and no team will give up more than the 3rd theyd give up as a RFA.... Kessel got his money and so will Skille.... The question is it the hawks who'll give it to him... he showed he can play beyond his tender this year and I know Snow has mentioned him

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:38 AM
sickest flow bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
thats true, but either way the kid gets his money. and no team will give up more than the 3rd theyd give up as a RFA.... Kessel got his money and so will Skille.... The question is it the hawks who'll give it to him... he showed he can play beyond his tender this year and I know Snow has mentioned him
Tampering?

Just Kidding, I don't know the context

And who wouldnt give up more than a 3rd for an Ex top 10?-15? pick with only a handful of NHL games?

sickest flow bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:47 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
its been mentioned between sens and hawks fans for a few years now, but a deal centered around skille and lee could make a lot of sense. Pretty much the same situation for both guys over the past few years: NHL ready but waiver exempt, so banished to the AHL because they could be. Both have had their development stall because of it.

06-01-2010, 01:59 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
I think Skille would be a viable option if you guys are willing to part ways. Burke is high on Americans as well, any idea if Kessel and Skille get along, same age and both from Wisconsin.
Oh scratch off the Leafs

Kessel and Skille hated each other

I remember them talking alot about it at draft

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Tampering?

Just Kidding, I don't know the context

And who wouldnt give up more than a 3rd for an Ex top 10?-15? pick with only a handful of NHL games?
why give up more than the cost of the RFA? under 1.5 its a 3rd, thats why skille has leverage

Old
06-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Teemu

I'm not so sure that a 3rd isnt fair value for Skille. He's been given every opportunity to make the team three years running and failed every time.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
I'm not so sure that a 3rd isnt fair value for Skille. He's been given every opportunity to make the team three years running and failed every time.
This last camp he didn't have a chance in hell of getting a spot with Kane , Hossa and Versteeg at RW and Byfuglien , Brouwer and Ladd at LW

And he played very well in AHL this year and looked solid in his games for us. After all the time we put into him I want to see what the kid can do at NHL level. Dont want to pull a Flyers and dump a talented player too early (Sharp)

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 06-01-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old
06-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
This last camp he didn't have a chance in hell of getting a spot with Kane , Hossa and Versteeg at LW and Byfuglien , Brouwer and Ladd at LW

And he played very well in AHL this year and looked solid in his games for us. After all the time we put into him I want to see what the kid can do at NHL level. Dont want to pull a Flyers and dump a talented player too early (Sharp)
but nobody will give you more for a guy who is unproven than the RFA tender, somebody will give him the money and make you match, thinking youre already over the cap. he's not going to make so much that teams wont take a chance, Thats why Tallon's gaffe got him fired. at 1.5 and a 3rd its a good chance to walk away with a talented player...

all skille wants is a payday and an opportunity. he'd be foolish to pass it up
and thats why Versteeg and Byfuglien got their deals.... do you honestly think Skille doesnt know this?

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 06-01-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old
06-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
but nobody will give you more for a guy who is unproven than the RFA tender, somebody will give him the money and make you match, thinking youre already over the cap. he's not going to make so much that teams wont take a chance, Thats why Tallon's gaffe got him fired. at 1.5 and a 3rd its a good chance to walk away with a talented player...

and thats why Versteeg and Byfuglien got their deals.... do you honestly think Skille doesnt know this?
There is no guarantee he will get a payday (He hasn't shown much in NHL)

Hawks offer him about 975k/1 mil on one way contract we should be fine

And the RFA fiasco is not comparable as it was past July 1st when the news broke and if they were deemed not tendered they would have been UFA's thus why they Hawks worked quick (And Tallon overpaid) to get them signed

Old
06-01-2010, 02:52 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
There is no guarantee he will get a payday (He hasn't shown much in NHL)

Hawks offer him about 975k/1 mil on one way contract we should be fine

And the RFA fiasco is not comparable as it was past July 1st when the news broke and if they were deemed not tendered they would have been UFA's thus why they Hawks worked quick (And Tallon overpaid) to get them signed
it most certainly is comparable, as an RFA he has the right to shop himself, Since the Hawks are already over the cap, other teams can offer 1.5 and conceivably walk away with a talented kid for a song.... teams pay more for college free agents routinely who are not half as skilled as this kid... All they need to do is think the hawks cap problems are serious enough that they wont match

Tyler Bozak got 4M, So 1,5 and a 3rd is nothing. Gilroy got what 5M?

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 06-01-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old
06-01-2010, 03:10 AM
Fiddie

Quote:
Since that's the case I'd guess Kevin Lowe
He would first need to become a GM of a hockey team...

Fiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I think it's more likely that we package him with Huet + Skille + or Sopel + Skille than we will see him leave via Offer Sheet

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:14 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

I'll take Skille or Versteeg /or both of them/ for Carolina.

What Hawks wants?

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Sharp is more versatile and at this point in career is a better player

With cap going up 2 ml it is more likely we can keep Sharp , Bolland and Buff and only have to lose Ladd , Eager and Versteeg as far as our depth up front
You are just letting too bright visions about the next seasons cap problem.

The cap is going up 2 million, yeah. But the problem is Kane/Toews entry-level contract bonuses, that could add extra 4,1 million on worst case. Kane will get maximum for sure, and Toews will get also, is he wins Conn Smythe or is Top5 at Selke voting. He could have get the later one already, we don't know, but I presume he is at Top5. He would have been in my Top3 for Selke if I could vote.

Add Niemi's raise (+3.0 Million for sure for Stanley Cup goaltender, maybe Conn Smythe Winner, arbitrator would like it) and Hjalmarsson's raise (about +2.5 Million). Those new contracts for Niemi & Hjalmarsson will eat the Hawks salary cap raise and savings from Madden going to UFA-market. Then they will start gutting bodies. Big bodies.

In this case (4.1million of Kane+Toews maximum bonuses transferring to Hawks 2010-11 cap) it will be cruicial to get Campbell traded (Huet will be waived already). Then trading Sopel and Sharp away, replace Madden with that swedish Persson and add Boynton and Conelly to defense, Hawks are back in life with a good team.

Othervise, if Campbell is not traded, then the sky starts falling. You have to cut 4-5 multimillion forwards + Huet and Sopel to get under the cap. That would be a disaster.

I even counted Skille to be there as a replacement forward, and then comes the offer-sheets. Nice summer coming for Bowman.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Gudbranson44

id see tallon making an effort to get him.. he was the one who drafted him and clearly saw something in him. id like to see him in FLA, and i think there he would have the opportunity to play an important role on a rebuilding team

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
id be fine with getting him. i think the isles will be great trading partners with the hawks this offseason. isles will have interest in versteeg, byfuglien, skille and eager.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 08:48 AM
HuskyFlames

Id like the Flames to get in on this. What about something based on Moss+ for Skille. You get your depth big body RW that can play bottom 6 or at times fill in top 6. Solid board work and PK as well.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Chelios

I can't help but think when reading these types of threads, why would Skille even sign an offer sheet? He is in an organization that is 2 wins away from the stanley cup with one of the youngest teams in the league. He is in a great city with the team that drafted him. The hawks are up against the cap and need good cheap forwards for next year so he will be given every opportunity to play. Isn't that the perfect situation for a young player like Skille?

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
massivegoonery

If you guys want him, go ahead and make him an offer. He's really not that good.

I really doubt that he would sign an offer sheet, though. If he signs a contract for less than a million dollars, he has a very good chance to get into the Hawks' lineup regularly.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:24 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
They'd sign him and trade him before that.
Note that once an offer sheet is signed, that player cannot be traded for 1 year from the date under any circumstances... so it does put Tallon in a bit of a precarious position.

For those saying that Chicago will have him signed before July 1, that may be the case, but it's going to cost them offer sheet money to do so. Despite them being up 2-0 in the Finals, there's lots of reasons for Skille to want a change of scenery, much like a guy like Blake Wheeler. In the case of Skille, he may feel taht he's got better opportunity elsewhere.

Realize that all of the college free agents (except Gilroy) have gotten ELCs, where their cap hit is high, but that is because of performance bonuses and they are automatically 2-way deals. I'd also think that the Rangers would be hesitant to make that deal again. I'd say Skille has the chance of reaching the 2nd round pick level as some GMs may get really high on him and take the chance on a 1-year contract to see if he can produce.

Whether or not Bowman is able to get more than a offer sheet compensation really comes down to the aggressiveness of the GMs who want him. It's really not a formal process, every GM can talk to Skille on July 1 and he can pick his potential destination. Obviously GMs don't like to screw each other over, but if Chicago gets aggressive in what they want for him, at the end of the day you've gotta make the best move for your hockey team.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:26 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:

Tallon (or whoever) made his mistakes and the players got offers from other teams... not a single one accepted.

What makes you think that this time would be any different?

Old
06-01-2010, 09:26 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
If you guys want him, go ahead and make him an offer. He's really not that good.

I really doubt that he would sign an offer sheet, though. If he signs a contract for less than a million dollars, he has a very good chance to get into the Hawks' lineup regularly.
But why not sign a $1.5-$2million deal and know you're getting into someone else's lineup regularily?

Old
06-01-2010, 09:28 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
But why not sign a $1.5-$2million deal and know you're getting into someone else's lineup regularily?
Is it worth the extra money to play with losers?

Anyways, I doubt he gets an offer that high; he's just not that good.

Old
06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Is it worth the extra money to play with losers?

Anyways, I doubt he gets an offer that high; he's just not that good.
Playing on a bad team is often best for your development as you get much better opportunity.

Old
06-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I like the project Skille, but he is not 1.5-2.0 million worth.

Think about it... he will get a chance to play with the Hawks next season. I think he and Beach will battle for 1 Winger Spot. If Skille loses the Spot, we can ask for a trade and I think that the Hawks would trade him then.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote