HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick problems...

Old
05-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Socastee09

vCash: 500
Stick problems...

when i played roller i could use a 85-90 flex (if cut) and do fine with wrist shots and slappers, but since going to ice its been a little different. i just bought a ccm u+ grip 85 flex and my shots were horrible, i think its way to stiff for me. so do you think i should go down on flex maybe to a 75-77? and by the way i have a LH ccm u+ for sale, used once in a stick and puck session pm me for info and pics. but do you think going to a 75-77 would help, im only about 5 11, 145 pounds. any help is great.

Socastee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:06 PM
fielder

Socastee09,

You are very correct in your assesment. Unless you are very strong for your weight, you should definitely be in the 75-77 flex range. I am the same height as you but sadly, significantly heavier so I tend to play with a stronger flex.

The Bantam team I coach has several players of your size and weight. I bring several of my own sticks with varying flex ranges for them to try at the beginning of each season. What I have found is that almost all of them are comfortable and express the most positive feedback in the 75-77 flex range.

I tend towards Easton or Bauer and have given away every CCM stick I ever bought but to each his own. No slam against CCM as they make some really nice equipment, its a personal choice and I never got comfortable with their sticks. Keep in mind that each manufacturer's flex number is subjective so a 77 in a Bauer may feel like an 85 in a CCM, etc.

Hope this helps.

fielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Socastee09

i figured i was somewhat correct, considering there is a lot glide on ice than a concrete surface. but i have a stick i wont even use now, so if anyone is up for getting it let me know. i will be looking for a two piece 75-77 flex shaft and blade, or one piece if someone is up for a trade or barder get at it lol.

Socastee09 is offline   Reply With Quote