HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues sign Lehtera to ELC

Old
06-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Blues sign Lehtera to ELC

Jori Lehterä was signed to two year contract (as was mentioned at the Transactions board). However he has also signed a two year deal with Lokomotiv Jaroslav. I'm thinking KHL is an option for next year in case he doesn't make the NHL right away. In his case KHL is probably a better option AHL, he'll get to play with more offensively talented players, work on his skating (you won't survive in the KHL as forward if you can't skate much) and with Kai Suikkanen as a coach there, you know he'll light a fire under Lehterä's ass.

Edit: according to Finnish paper Aamulehti, by signing Lehterä, Blues secured Lehterä's rights for the duration of his KHL contract. After that contract expires, he can sign a one-way NHL deal.

Last edited by Jussi: 06-01-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:55 AM
funktasticblues93

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
Also in todays new...Blues sign Lehtera

Here ya go
http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=530637

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Is his skating an issue? From every account Ive heard, defensive play is his biggest issue.

As long as he gets decent ice time, Im just hoping he has a good year offensively. With Perron, Oshie, Berglund and probably Eller in the NHL this year, our system is empty of offensively skilled prospects. In my mind, he is our top forward prospect outside of Eller. After him, all we have are very guys who are major unknowns at the pro level like McRae, Sonne, Shattock, and Nigro or Euros who havent been seen in North America yet like Hjalmarsson and any of our Russian prospects.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle and Flow View Post
Is his skating an issue? From every account Ive heard, defensive play is his biggest issue.

From what I've read, he still needs to improve his skating to be able to be effective on The NHL level (apparently to get enough separation to operate on the smaller, more hotly-contested ice surface)

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Lehterä said in a radio interview that he'll play next season in Jaroslavl and after that in St. Louis.

Old
06-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

According to Jarmo Kekäläinen, Lehterä will train in St. Louis in the summer with the Blues' trainers to improve his physique. He'll go to Russia in the Fall. Blues will only pay him the signing bonus.

Old
06-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Komarov47

Even if his skating is an issue, he was the best scorer in SM-liiga this season. I really thought he will makes the big jumpb with the Blues next season.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 09:34 AM
schronote

Well with Eller gone, Lehtera is our most promising point producing forward prospect, I hope we get big things from him. If he can skate with the nhlers this summer and at camp I would give him a chance with his vision and offensive abilities.

schronote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 10:22 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by schronote View Post
Well with Eller gone, Lehtera is our most promising point producing forward prospect, I hope we get big things from him. If he can skate with the nhlers this summer and at camp I would give him a chance with his vision and offensive abilities.
Lehtera's signed to play in the KHL this season and has the Blues blessing to do so, so that's where he'll be.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote