HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pronger is a jerk (Pronger/Eager incident)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
  #51
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
We need a "I could care less about grammar" fan club.
Oh hell yeah. Count me in! More for the list:

I don't know if you hear this down there, but I hear it a lot up here. "Youse guys", as in "what are youse guys doing this weekend?". *shudder* And the answer is, "nothing with you".

"I seen him the other day".

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
  #52
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
@DownGoesBrown: Breaking: Chris Pronger just stole all the pucks from the United Center urinals. This guy is out of control.


I love DGB!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
  #53
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post


I love DGB!
Adding "this guy is out of control" is what made that

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:23 PM
  #54
RichNash61
Registered User
 
RichNash61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
I think this is totally funny! I hope he throws all the pucks in the garbage. i am really enjoying watching him battle. I hope he keeps it up. I miss him battling Rick Nash for years in Saint Louis. I think hes good for the series!

RichNash61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
  #55
CTU2fan
Registered User
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
This thread was much better on the main board, with all the indignant Hawks fans, and the odd Sens/Pens fan jumping in to rip that big meanie Pronger.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:28 PM
  #56
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
This thread was much better on the main board, with all the indignant Hawks fans, and the odd Sens/Pens fan jumping in to rip that big meanie Pronger.
That thread straight up vanished. I can't find it at all, haha.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
  #57
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Oh hell yeah. Count me in! More for the list:

I don't know if you hear this down there, but I hear it a lot up here. "Youse guys", as in "what are youse guys doing this weekend?". *shudder* And the answer is, "nothing with you".

"I seen him the other day".
Ugh....yeah, it happens all the time.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:51 PM
  #58
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 106,943
vCash: 400
Pronger has always been an ### ,,,,,,,, But it was funny him taking puck

He is still same player he was with Blues ,,, I hate him but he is a hell of a dman

This is a non-issue , It is comparable to Sharp laughing and taunting Leighton after he got pulled.

It's called "Gamesmanship"

No big deal

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
  #59
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,725
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Does anyone have a link to the Pronger post-game interview?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:12 PM
  #60
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
We should re-title this thread: "Grammarian Circle Jerk."

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:21 PM
  #61
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
He also did the "puppet" thing with his hand when Eager was talking ****.
i cracked up. someone please gif that.

edit: i just found them. haha. grand.


Last edited by Beef Invictus: 06-01-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:31 PM
  #62
Amberelise
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
I really don't care for Pronger. Of players I hate, he's probably third behind Brett Hull and Todd Bertuzzi. *REGARDLESS,* this was funny: http://www.csnphilly.com/06/01/10/Fl...009&feedID=704

Enjoy.

Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:31 PM
  #63
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i cracked up. someone please gif that.

edit: i just found them. haha. grand.
Link?

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:39 PM
  #64
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Link?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=782135&page=2

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
  #65
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
On a serious note, does anyone else feel like this whole thing basically just means we really, really need to win the series?

If Chicago beats us, Philly is going to get bashed to a whole new level for this.....

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:47 PM
  #66
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
On a serious note, does anyone else feel like this whole thing basically just means we really, really need to win the series?

If Chicago beats us, Philly is going to get bashed to a whole new level for this.....
Really? I don't think anyone legitimate will bash the Flyers for this, and those who will are going to do it anyway; they always seem to find a pretext.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
  #67
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!
 
orange and black48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
I feel like everyone tries to make too big of a deal out of little stupid things like this. We are already pretty hated by everyone so...whatever. I think it was a little tacky that he flicked the rally towel at Eager, but it looked like Eager was jawing. This Chicago team MIGHT be getting a little cocky and Pronger just wants to keep them in their place and maybe the team will get behind what he did...whether good or bad.

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
  #68
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberelise View Post
I really don't care for Pronger. Of players I hate, he's probably third behind Brett Hull and Todd Bertuzzi. *REGARDLESS,* this was funny: http://www.csnphilly.com/06/01/10/Fl...009&feedID=704

Enjoy.
LMAO at *regardless*, but great article. I laughed at a couple of the quotes:


Quote:
"He seems comfortable and he's in his element right now," Danny Briere said. "He's been here a few times. I'm sure there's a method. He seems to be disturbing a lot of people around [him]. And we're a team that disturbs a lot of people, so I guess he fits right in."
Quote:
Flyers captain Mike Richards wouldn't bite on what Pronger's motives might have been.

"I don't have a problem with it," Richards said. "He wants to have the puck, let him have the puck. You can tell him not to take it if you want .

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:53 PM
  #69
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Really? I don't think anyone legitimate will bash the Flyers for this, and those who will are going to do it anyway; they always seem to find a pretext.
Yeah, but the thing is...if we win, they'll whine about how classless Philly is, but we'll have won and it will have worked or whatever.

If we lose, this gives people another concrete example of the Flyers being too busy acting classless and gooning it up while going another year without winning....I just think it's going to be mentioned for a lot longer and rubbed in our faces if we lose, whereas if we win I think it'll go away and whatever.

I dunno, I just think the trash people talk will be 10x worse if we lose on top of the shenanigans.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 04:59 PM
  #70
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Rangers fan here to chime in. (Btw, before I do, just a big F U for beating us in a shootout in game 82. )

Ok, with that out of my system, I have to say, Pronger is a f'ing douchenozzle for taking the game pucks and depriving Niemi of having them. A total f'ing turd. And I LOVE it. THIS is part of what makes hockey the best sport around. I hate the guy so much, yet I wish he was a Ranger.

Totally classic, and hilarious.

Good luck the rest of the way, guys. A bunch of my friends are Flyers fans, so I'm sympathetic, and I hate our "President" so damned much that I don't want to see a Chicago team win. Plus, you guys gave Bettsy a chance after the moronic Tortorella wanted him gone. I can't root against Betts (just like I couldn't root for Donald Brashear...just couldn't do it).

Beat those mother****ers, please.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:01 PM
  #71
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Yeah, but the thing is...if we win, they'll whine about how classless Philly is, but we'll have won and it will have worked or whatever.

If we lose, this gives people another concrete example of the Flyers being too busy acting classless and gooning it up while going another year without winning....I just think it's going to be mentioned for a lot longer and rubbed in our faces if we lose, whereas if we win I think it'll go away and whatever.

I dunno, I just think the trash people talk will be 10x worse if we lose on top of the shenanigans.
If taking a GW puck in GAME 2 of a series is "Classless and Goonish"... they are grasping at straws and would find anything to ***** about anyway.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:03 PM
  #72
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Yeah, but the thing is...if we win, they'll whine about how classless Philly is, but we'll have won and it will have worked or whatever.

If we lose, this gives people another concrete example of the Flyers being too busy acting classless and gooning it up while going another year without winning....I just think it's going to be mentioned for a lot longer and rubbed in our faces if we lose, whereas if we win I think it'll go away and whatever.

I dunno, I just think the trash people talk will be 10x worse if we lose on top of the shenanigans.
And this is why we're blessed with or own little forum, so we don't have to peruse the Two Minutes Hate that is any Flyers thread on the main board.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:05 PM
  #73
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
Rangers fan here to chime in. (Btw, before I do, just a big F U for beating us in a shootout in game 82. )

Ok, with that out of my system, I have to say, Pronger is a f'ing douchenozzle for taking the game pucks and depriving Niemi of having them. A total f'ing turd. And I LOVE it. THIS is part of what makes hockey the best sport around. I hate the guy so much, yet I wish he was a Ranger.

Totally classic, and hilarious.

Good luck the rest of the way, guys. A bunch of my friends are Flyers fans, so I'm sympathetic, and I hate our "President" so damned much that I don't want to see a Chicago team win. Plus, you guys gave Bettsy a chance after the moronic Tortorella wanted him gone. I can't root against Betts (just like I couldn't root for Donald Brashear...just couldn't do it).

Beat those mother****ers, please.
Does anyone know if that's why Chicago even cares?

If Niemi really wanted that game puck from game one, he's got issues. Last night's, maybe, because he played well, but the game one puck honestly did belong in the trash.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:06 PM
  #74
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Does anyone know if that's why Chicago even cares?

If Niemi really wanted that game puck from game one, he's got issues. Last night's, maybe, because he played well, but the game one puck honestly did belong in the trash.
I figured Eager would want game 2's puck..

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
  #75
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I figured Eager would want game 2's puck..
I assumed as much (especially since it was him that skated over to Prongs) but all of the Hawks fans in the main board are raving about how he's denying Niemi.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.