HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pronger is a jerk (Pronger/Eager incident)

Old
06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I figured Eager would want game 2's puck..
They use over a dozen pucks each game, yet another reason why I am completely befuddled by this "controversy."

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
They use over a dozen pucks each game, yet another reason why I am completely befuddled by this "controversy."
I thought the same thing. Personally, I think Eager's responding, in any fashion, to Pronger's antics (be they right or wrong) is playing right into the Flyers' hands, and what Eager should be doing is just ignoring him, which would just piss off Pronger (maybe?).

Regardless, it is only one of many pucks used in the game, so I don't see why this is even an issue.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
(...) I hate our "President" so damned much that I don't want to see a Chicago team win. (...)
Pitiful...

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Viller

Quote:
and what Eager should be doing is just ignoring him, which would just piss off Pronger (maybe?)..
I highly doubt thats even possible, the way he plays, he's certainly heard every insult in the book a few thousand times... It comes with the territory I guess.

Funniest is Eager reacting like the refs would do anything to Pronger after he shot a TOWEL on him... Talk about hiding behind the zebras. They did this type of thing all game long too.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:21 PM
MsWoof

I may be the only one who's getting sick of the Chris Pronger gong show. We get it, he has fun with the media, they all drool over him and some seem to be afraid of him. The puck thing just seems dumb to me. Do players on the losing team generally take game pucks?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:25 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
I thought the same thing. Personally, I think Eager's responding, in any fashion, to Pronger's antics (be they right or wrong) is playing right into the Flyers' hands, and what Eager should be doing is just ignoring him, which would just piss off Pronger (maybe?).

Regardless, it is only one of many pucks used in the game, so I don't see why this is even an issue.
I'm sure you know this but, some players like to save pucks that they have scored memorable goals with such as their first NHL goal, 50th goal, or a goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. Its significance is probably increased for a guy like Eager that doesn't score a lot of goals.

I find it kind of obnoxious (to use someone else's word I think?) and kind of funny, but I hope he didn't throw it away. I'd love if Pronger put the puck away somewhere until he retires, and when he does he mails the puck to Eager, but I doubt that will happen.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:26 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I may be the only one who's getting sick of the Chris Pronger gong show. We get it, he has fun with the media, they all drool over him and some seem to be afraid of him. The puck thing just seems dumb to me. Do players on the losing team generally take game pucks?
You're a courageous woman.

You'll get excommunicated by all the Pronger fan-boys.

PS: You're not the only one. The man is a very good player, but every honest person will admit he's a bully.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:28 PM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:29 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
I'm sure you know this but, some players like to save pucks that they have scored memorable goals with such as their first NHL goal, 50th goal, or a goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. Its significance is probably increased for a guy like Eager that doesn't score a lot of goals.

I find it kind of obnoxious (to use someone else's word I think?) and kind of funny, but I hope he didn't throw it away. I'd love if Pronger put the puck away somewhere until he retires, and when he does he mails the puck to Eager, but I doubt that will happen.
The puck with which Eager scored his goal was long gone by the time Pronger picked up that puck.

Old
06-01-2010, 06:31 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
epic

I love it.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:38 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
LOLOL! Absolutely hilarious!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:39 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
That's awesome!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
And this is why we're blessed with or own little forum, so we don't have to peruse the Two Minutes Hate that is any Flyers thread on the main board.

Stop talking and please take your seat in the hall. Goldstein's face is about to show.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
The puck with which Eager scored his goal was long gone by the time Pronger picked up that puck.
D'oh . Good point.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Damnit, Pronger! Give these people their pucks!

06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Amateur Hour

I can't believe this is actually an issue in the media. Everyone involved in blowing this thing up should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know why Pronger feels the need to take the puck at the end of the game and throw it in the trash (seems very juvenile and pointless to me), but I also don't think it deserves its own story. Seriously... who gives a ****?

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
I can't believe this is actually an issue in the media. Everyone involved in blowing this thing up should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know why Pronger feels the need to take the puck at the end of the game and throw it in the trash (seems very juvenile and pointless to me), but I also don't think it deserves its own story. Seriously... who gives a ****?
It's called being a phony trying to look all proper by acting like it's completely appalling. Look at what happened to Don Imus.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:15 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clt/1770129512.html

Epic win. EPIC!

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Hophog

Quote:
Originally Posted by westisbest View Post
Yeah it is gamesmanship, but the fact is he looks like a defeated, crybaby idiot for doing that. If the series was tied or something then I would say that it was effective and smart, but really it's only because he's mad his team is down 0-2 in the finals.
Flyers fans should look at it this way. What would you all be saying if Crosby did the same thing? He's a spoiled crybaby etc etc. It certainly wouldn't be. WOW! That Crosby is great at getting in peoples heads. I think it's the hypocracy that's a joke. Philly would have pages and pages on what a sissy B$#ch move it was and all of your talk shows would discuss it for months. Pronger acted like a big sissy instead of handling it like a man. When he grows up I think he'll regret it because that's the only thing he'll be remembered for in this series and I think that's hilarious.

Hophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hophog View Post
Flyers fans should look at it this way. What would you all be saying if Crosby did the same thing? He's a spoiled crybaby etc etc. It certainly wouldn't be. WOW! That Crosby is great at getting in peoples heads. I think it's the hypocracy that's a joke. Philly would have pages and pages on what a sissy B$#ch move it was and all of your talk shows would discuss it for months. Pronger acted like a big sissy instead of handling it like a man. When he grows up I think he'll regret it because that's the only thing he'll be remembered for in this series and I think that's hilarious.
If you can't see the difference in Crosby and Pronger in this situation, or any, then you have successfully perpetuated the stereotype of a blind, bandwagoner, Penguin fan.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 09:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2010/06...erk-moves.html

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:04 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Absolutely hilarious.

The Carcillo comment and Pronger pic are my favorite.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Holy cow, one of his best ones....LMAO!

Quote:
Sadly, this sort of behaviour isn't new for Pronger. In fact, throughout his career he's become notorious for a series of incidents in which his actions were inappropriate, unprofessional, and just downright mean.

Here are some of the most memorable:
Quote:
# At 1993 entry draft, rudely stole the spotlight from #1 overall pick Alexandre Daigle by turning out to be like a hundred times better than him.
Quote:
When presented with a seven-year contract offer from the Flyers last year, immediately signed it instead of politely saying "Um, maybe you should go back and re-read the CBA".
Quote:
Once borrowed Riley Cote's copy of Schopenhauer's On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason; returned it the next morning all dog-eared.
Quote:
After every playoff game this year, calls up John Stevens and leaves him a detailed message about how much fun it was.
Quote:
Immediately demands a trade every time he finds out that Joffrey Lupul has finished unpacking.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 10:06 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
My favorites:

Quote:
Demanded a trade out of Edmonton in 2006, selfishly placing the desires of his wife and children above those of a company that had employed him for almost an entire year.
Quote:
Once borrowed Riley Cote's copy of Schopenhauer's On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason; returned it the next morning all dog-eared.
Quote:
During NBC telecasts of Flyers games, constantly leans over to Pierre McGuire and says "I don't think they can hear you, maybe try speaking louder."

Old
06-01-2010, 10:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
All that and didn't mention "Pronger Physics" by its term as well

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote