HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle on his way out??

Old
06-01-2010, 01:25 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
You apparantly don't know how to read. He said not a early rounder, but common not a second.

Thats about as real as any leaf fan has come.
I was being sarcastic. Saying that Hal Gill was able to fetch us a 2nd; and why do some think that a All-star and one of the elite puck-movers (thats not just overrating him, its truth) cant get anywhere near that.

Im not one to over-value him, as i dont see alot of teams parting ways with high picks or top players. But, come-on. He is worth a decent amount. As seeing in the playoffs, a lot of teams lacked a good puck-mover. Like i said many of time, and Burke has stressed over and over; If the needs arent met, it isnt a burden to keep him.

and p.s ...its not really anyones fault, im horrid at writing

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
TOML

Hmmm, i guess the question is "Who needs a defensively useless, but affordable, 'puck-moving' d-man who doesn't have a lot of years left on his contract?"

Nobody, really. Esp. if the return is significant.

But there are still going to be teams who need to fill out their roster or have cap issues:

Calgary: Cap problems galore. And they've dealt with Burke A LOT recently.
Chicago: Could wheel and deal with Burkie to get over their cap issues.
San Jose: Replacement for Blake?
Pittsburgh: Replacement for Gonchar?
Edmonton: For Souray?
Colorado: For Liles?
NYR: For Redden or Roszival?
Atlanta: But they already picked up Kubina for leftovers.

Blah, blah, blah...

TO's power play was the league's worst last season. So getting rid of their only puckmover makes sense... :|

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:34 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

burke didnt say anything about the offers being what he was looking for, more so that the other teams had made an actual offer, never said anything about them being what he wanted

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Ementy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I was being sarcastic. Saying that Hal Gill was able to fetch us a 2nd; and why do some think that a All-star and one of the elite puck-movers (thats not just overrating him, its truth) cant get anywhere near that.

Im not one to over-value him, as i dont see alot of teams parting ways with high picks or top players. But, come-on. He is worth a decent amount. As seeing in the playoffs, a lot of teams lacked a good puck-mover. Like i said many of time, and Burke has stressed over and over; If the needs arent met, it isnt a burden to keep him.

and p.s ...its not really anyones fault, im horrid at writing
I'll agree he has value, but 1 year left takes ALOT of that value off for THAT reason, if he resigns and gets traded, I could see Toronto picking up a mid 1st rounder. (10-20)

As of right now..(Edmonton wants nothing to do with Kaberle, but it's how I best know how to relate value)

Kaberle

For

31st overall + Chorney

If signed.

(if we had one) 12th overall + Chorney.

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
I'll agree he has value, but 1 year left takes ALOT of that value off for THAT reason, if he resigns and gets traded, I could see Toronto picking up a mid 1st rounder. (10-20)

As of right now..(Edmonton wants nothing to do with Kaberle, but it's how I best know how to relate value)

Kaberle

For

31st overall + Chorney

If signed.

theres no way the leafs would make the trade, they'd just keep and resign kaberle

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:08 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

As per Burke today Kaberle will return a combination of a pick, player and maybe more as he suggested package deals from at least two teams interested already.

He also stated that they had to explain Kaberle's NTC to both teams so they knew exactly what they were getting. Burke also said that these offers were more then just little nibbles.

Most likely there will be a player or two attached to Kaberle, not sure I like the sound of that but this is the type of trade people should expect with Burke.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:15 PM
MJ65

Quote:

Kaberle

For

31st overall + Chorney

If signed.

He has 1 full year left and if the organization is nice to him there is no reason why he wouldn't resign, he is currently very happy in Toronto and do not really want to be moved but it does not matter where he move and would be loyal to the organization where ever he go - good luck to Thomas

A salute to a dedicated and a very loyal player

MJ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Straight up for a 6-12th overall pick?
in burkes wet dreams.

i doubt it is for picks. he didnt want picks for poni and i think he said he would rather have proven prospects then high picks. i expect that it will be a young nhl ready player going back in a package. an example would be blake comeau not that i see a comeau+ deal for kaberle happening.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
TheLaughsWeKnow*

It's a package guys, not just 1 pick -,-.

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
westisbest*

Oh God please, let Burke trade this overated clown already so we don't have to see another godforsaken Kaberla proposal thread. Why would anyone give up a 1st round pick for a guy who's made it very clear that winning is the last thing on his mind.

westisbest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:19 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

there is only one team in the league where trading a 1st for kaberle would make a ton of sense.

unfortunately for the leafs, that team is ottawa.

06-01-2010, 02:24 PM
MJ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by westisbest View Post
Oh God please, let Burke trade this overated clown already so we don't have to see another godforsaken Kaberla proposal thread. Why would anyone give up a 1st round pick for a guy who's made it very clear that winning is the last thing on his mind.
A clown? - what Kaberle has done any thing to any one (and now people calling names) - that's sad

Keep it up

MJ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
there is only one team in the league where trading a 1st for kaberle would make a ton of sense.

unfortunately for the leafs, that team is ottawa.
Makes no difference, Toronto owns Ottawa even with Kaberle.

Old
06-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Moobles

Gosh, where have I heard this before...

Moobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Crimson Devil*

Have to believe NJ is one of the two teams.

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Mr Sakich

there are a few things to consider

1) kaberle has repeatedly refused the chance to go to contenders in order to remain with a team destined to miss the playoffs. It seems like he doesn't really care too much about the cup. Berger has blogged about this a few times.

Kaberle clearly wants to remain a Leaf and is leaving only because he has zero choice. Why would you trade a 1st round pick for one year of a guy who probably is going to be unhappy and unmotivated.

2) before the phaneuf trade, he went from 23 + minutes per game and on pace for 63 points. After the trade, his ice time dropped to 21 minutes per game and a scoring pace of 19 points in a 82 game season (6 points , -6 in 26 games).

Kaberle's points were exagerated by being the only offensive option on a team that was the worst in the league in goals. if a team has a couple of options already, then one year of Kaberle isn't going to be worth a lot.

If Burke can get a 1st rounder for him, then he has done well. One year from now, someone might get a bargain ufa but he is not bargain right now. Too much baggage.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonOrr View Post
Makes no difference, Toronto owns Ottawa even with Kaberle.
i'm not sure you got the point of that post. Try reading it again.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:45 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

For real this time?

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Just get it over with, Burke, that way instead of daily "Kaberle to ________ for an obscene amount of talent" threads that pop up regularly, we can keep it to just one thread, in which people can discuss how much more (or less, who knows) they thought he'd get.

06-01-2010, 02:53 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

BUrke said two Packages had been offered.

I am thinking each package would include a young 3rd line NHL'r with potential to maybe play on the 2nd line at some point. Plus a combination of a 2nd or 3rd round pick and a decent prospect or two that is only a year or two away from playing in the NHL.

I highly doubt anything Bluechip is coming back to Toronto, for just Kaberle.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlappyMcGee View Post
I believe you, but I have trouble believing Brian Burke. There are so many great UFA Defensemen right now, I don't know why anybody would give Toronto the overpayment they want until they are sure they can't pick up one of the FA's. Unless it's a major salary dump that Burke is going to buy out parts of and keep assets.
I would say that your wrong. kaberle is best "available" dman in the league right now and this coming from a wings fan.

lidstrom will only play for detroit if at all
niedermayer will only play for anaheim if at all
gonchar is older and more expensive

if a team truly wants a #1 puck moving dman, capable of 60pts, signed below market value than kaberle is the best their is. every single team could use this guy.

i cant see kaberle alone landing the 4th overall pick, but, i am sure a deal could be worked out around that pick.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 02:58 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by harfo1 View Post
I would say that your wrong. kaberle is best "available" dman in the league right now and this coming from a wings fan.

lidstrom will only play for detroit if at all
niedermayer will only play for anaheim if at all
gonchar is older and more expensive

if a team truly wants a #1 puck moving dman, capable of 60pts, signed below market value than kaberle is the best their is. every single team could use this guy.

i cant see kaberle alone landing the 4th overall pick, but, i am sure a deal could be worked out around that pick.
How true.

Great post.

Old
06-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

If Devils any mix of Palmieri, Clarkson, or Langenbrunner seems about right.

Lou L. did report he tried for Kaberle at the deadline.

Czech Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:03 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

My best guess is that the two offers came from New Jersey Devils and the Columbus Blue Jackets......

But we will see on draft.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
The top UFA d-men are mostly defensive oriented guys ( Volchenkov, Hamhuis, Michalek). Kaberle is probably the best puck-moving d-man who is highly available this off-season through free agency or trade.

Edit: Forgot Paul Martin, him and Kaberle are close.
Martin is more of a shutdown guy than a puck mover.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote