HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Goalie would you want to keep?

View Poll Results: Which goalie
halak 115 34.33%
price 220 65.67%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2010, 09:42 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by anctilndg View Post
you never debate you just troll away, quote me one argument you brought to this debate plz
hey go through the 10+ threads of the goaltending debate and you will find quite a few. Right now, all you're resorting to is pulling facebook stats to support your player, which quite frankly, is pathetic.

Old
CareyClutch
Doing the job

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
See how scientific this is
Ya, it's like a pool on HF

Old
anctilndg

Keep Halak, Trade Price

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carey-...9864067?ref=ts

Keep Carey Price In Montreal!

http://apps.facebook.com/keepaebefadd/1/Discuss.aspx

Old
06-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
The results were exactly as they were posted on both polls.......the one mainly discussed IS exactly the one used by the poster to whom I was replying.... Keeping both was actually the center piece of that first poll.....and I never used the second poll to argue the first one unlike your sentence states.....Let's not manipulate intent, shall we?

You know, you are so used to whining that you instanly whine without allowing your mind to think and grasp what is discussed and in what context.....loosen up....relax....and think man instead of spreading falsehoods.....
Oh no?

Quote:
actually, that is incorrect.....The numbers are:

Keep both and reevaluate in November/December 20 21.51%
Keep both and reevaluate next summer (both will be RFA) 31 33.33%
Trade Halak this summer 22 23.66%
Trade Price this summer 16 17.20%
Trade both this summer and get a cheap goalie a la Emery (like the Flyers did) 4 4.30%

Add to that this pool (Which goalies would you keep)

halak 93 32.75%
price 191 67.25%

Bottom line 33% said keep them both until next summer........(so this is the number you should have quoted)

The other other 20 percent said.....re-evaluate after the first 10-15 games (November-December) Which does not mean keep them both.....

More than 40% said trade one or the other...... (23% and 17%)....

4% said...trade both.....

Now, assuming that perhaps half of those that said keep them both until after 10 games end up spit on keeping both or trading one.....the result would be a majority to trade one between now and November\December.....

And the second poll said...

KEEP Price 67%

I just like things that are clear.....and precise....and unmanipulated......what kind of a world would we live in if bits and bytes were interpreted this loosly?
Yeah, no mention of that second poll, nor how it factored into you "bottom line", lol.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there is more franco than anglo here...I know am one and I prefer Price.
Yup.....Ditto...pour moi aussi.

This board is no different than other polls I have seen including Le Journal de Montreal. Unfortunately, I have read 5-6 times lately people stating that these polls did not represent the habs fan...guess when you are attimate at not accepting the reality, you would say anything.....

Old
06-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Oh no?

Yeah, no mention of that second poll, nor how it factored into you "bottom line", lol.

God you are thick!....glad everyone here can see it too.....again your are distorting facts and taking it out of context.....I am done talking to you, kiddie boy, you are simply not worth the aggravation (wonder if his mommie says the same?)....hop in my ignore list!

Old
06-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
God you are thick!....glad everyone here can see it too.....again your are distorting facts.....I am dont talking to you, kiddie boy, you are simply not worth the aggravation (wonder if his mommie says the same?)....hop in my ignore list!
Whatever gets you through the night. I'll still see your posts, though, and continue to carve them up like Christmas turkey.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Whatever gets you through the night. I'll still see your posts, though, and continue to carve them up like Christmas turkey.
The only thing you managed to carved in front of all here is what was left (if anything) of your credibility...on this, done with you kiddo....

Old
06-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL View Post
hey go through the 10+ threads of the goaltending debate and you will find quite a few. Right now, all you're resorting to is pulling facebook stats to support your player, which quite frankly, is pathetic.
There is only like 3 of those morons...if we all put them into ignore...they will go away like kiddies that dont get attention when they have a tantrum....

Old
06-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
The only thing you managed to carved in front of all here is what was left (if anything) of your credibility...on this, done with you kiddo....
Says the guy who has compounded the short-comings of fairly poor communication and analytical skills with more personal attacks and name-calling than anything of actual interest... you'll make the HF MVP list for sure.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:22 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
Forget it man, they just want to vent some of their frustration, they have nothing left to argue.

Who in the right mind would choose a mediocre goalie thats been playing under .500 for the past two years versus a goalie thats been incredible betting the president trophy winner and the stanley cup champions practically on his own.

Its like saying trade cammalleri is trade value is high and keep pacioretty in two years he might be just has good as cams is now.

Can u imagine if they trade Halak, the fans will be so pissed and if price keeps playing average like hes been doing for most his NHL career than fans will surely gang up on Price like they did this year and even worst. No one is crazy enough to trade the best goalie of the past playoffs and one of the best of the regular season unless you are rebuilding and we are not, we have the team to contend short term, they proved it this year.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Sorry, but ever since you tried passing off that "scoring chances" stat (based upon counting video highlites) as something real, I don't have any confidence in the validity of the stats you post.

Stop being so zealous
Watch it, the 3 stooges will come after you (The one you are replying to is one of the three), its the only thing they can do since thinking was apparantly optional in their school!

Old
06-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Forget it man, they just want to vent some of their frustration, they have nothing left to argue.

Who in the right mind would choose a mediocre goalie thats been playing under .500 for the past two years versus a goalie thats been incredible betting the president trophy winner and the stanley cup champions practically on his own.

Its like saying trade cammalleri is trade value is high and keep pacioretty in two years he might be just has good as cams is now.

Can u imagine if they trade Halak, the fans will be so pissed and if price keeps playing average like hes been doing for most his NHL career than fans will surely gang up on Price like they did this year and even worst. No one is crazy enough to trade the best goalie of the past playoffs and one of the best of the regular season unless you are rebuilding and we are not, we have the team to contend short term, they proved it this year.
We don't spend as much time on Facebook

Old
06-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Watch it, the 3 stooges will come after you (The one you are replying to is one of the three), its the only thing they can do since thinking was apparantly optional in their school!
Where is Earl Btw

Old
06-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Where is Earl Btw

Beats me! but its probably best that way

Old
06-13-2010, 10:34 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
I learned in school that discussions include ARGUMENTS and should be done with respect and class, name calling is very immature, and shows its your last resort as all logic indicates Halak is the obvious choice. btw patrick roy said he prefered halak, so having that picture as your profile pick is rather contradictory and ironic.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Subban76

Quote:

I think someone will be in for a surprise this summer. The past does not count, its what's ahead that counts and Price will be at least 2M cheaper next year and with our cap situation, the choice is quite simple.

Besides, calling Price a mediocre goalie is quite retarded. The guy as some of the best stats for a 22 year old goalie in the past decades. Halak's stats are worse at the same age. You guys are all excited over 1 great run which anybody can have (Leine, Umberger, Thomas, etc.). There are no garantees that Halak will be as great for the next 5 years.

Don't get ne wrong, I like Halak and I don't have an issue with keeping either, but Halak is the more obvious choice to go. Like it or not.

I trust Scotty Bowman (who said that Price will be top 3 goalie in the league ina few years) over any arm chair GM on this site. Trading Price will be a trading Roy mistake all over again. Taking a back seat to Halak was the best thing for him and his development. Watch him have a great season next year.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:38 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
We don't spend as much time on Facebook
keep sidetracking and being super immature

Old
06-13-2010, 10:39 AM
RStar*

Quote:
God you are thick!....glad everyone here can see it too.....again your are distorting facts and taking it out of context.....I am done talking to you, kiddie boy, you are simply not worth the aggravation (wonder if his mommie says the same?)....hop in my ignore list!
Oh no! A personal attack! We can't have personal attacks!

I should message every poster and ask to have you banned!

I mean, that was your reply a couple of days ago was it not? That there is not room for personal attacks and that you went back through every one of my posts and did a count of how many included personal attacks correct?

Obviously I could care less about your humorless personal attack, but boy, are you ever a piece of work. You come across as a spoiled child who either kicks over the chess board, or takes his ball and goes home. I'm sure this will end up like other threads where you just high tail it and run away when the argument doesn't go your way. At least I am hoping so.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Subban76

Quote:
I learned in school that discussions include ARGUMENTS and should be done with respect and class, name calling is very immature, and shows its your last resort as all logic indicates Halak is the obvious choice. btw patrick roy said he prefered halak, so having that picture as your profile pick is rather contradictory and ironic.
lol He never said that. Nice twisting of words my friend.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/298517.html

He said Halak had is admiration for is playoff run but never said he prefered Halak over Price.

BTW, Halak is the most obvious choice to go, not stay.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Where is Earl Btw
Or King Racicot? Even scottyg is keeping a lower profile nowadays.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Komi View Post
lol He never said that. Nice twisting of words my friend.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/298517.html

He said Halak had is admiration for is playoff run but never said he prefered Halak over Price.

BTW, Halak is the most obvious choice to go, not stay.
Without getting into a semantics debate over the definition of "prefer", I'm pretty sure he made his call of which one he'd go with (next year at least) on Off the Record, and the answer was Halak.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Without getting into a semantics debate over the definition of "prefer", I'm pretty sure he made his call of which one he'd go with (next year at least) on Off the Record, and the answer was Halak.
Never heard that, so until I get proof, I will pass.

As for next year, I agree that Halak is the safer bet, but I'm looking at the next 10 years

Who ever we keep between those 2 will probably be our goalie for a long long time, and Price is my definite choice here. Unless another team is so retarded that they are willing to give us the worls for Price, then yes, trade Price and keep Halak, but that is very unlikely.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:51 AM
RStar*

Quote:
There is only like 3 of those morons...if we all put them into ignore...they will go away like kiddies that dont get attention when they have a tantrum....
Morons? Well that sure isn't nice. You must be having a bad day, you're attacking left and right in every one of your posts.

Its just so offensive. I don't know how I'll be able to read through these posts when I have to deal with things like that.

Old
06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Morons? Well that sure isn't nice. You must be having a bad day, you're attacking left and right in every one of your posts.

Its just so offensive. I don't know how I'll be able to read through these posts when I have to deal with things like that.
Just shows you that hes getting aggravated by the lack of arguments for Price and the overwhelming ones for Halak, thats all he as left insults, like it changes anything to the debate to insult people who dont agree with you, its just childish.

Closed Thread