HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Which Goalie would you want to keep?

View Poll Results: Which goalie
halak 115 34.33%
price 220 65.67%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2010, 05:50 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Yeah, the large majority is wrong and you know better than the world!!!

If you had played competitive hockey, you would actually know that Price at 22 is already far superior than Halak. There is a reason Halak did not get the net until he reached his prime.....what you see now will really not get better now.....yet, Price will keep maturing for the next 2-3 years and should even start showing his superior pedigry at 23-24......this is such a funny discussion......short term vs. long term.....no question there....Price is the million buck goalie.....period.

Oh and you ask if People really like Price better than Halak?.....well 68% of the people already told you that they do! You can use all the reverse logic that you want, at the end of the day, 7 out of 10 people know that Price is the thoroughbred......and Halak will eventually be a footnote in Hockey history.....
Why is every post you make so full of fail? Halak has proven he is a very good goalie, better than Carey Price. European goalies don't usually make the NHL and have a huge impact at a young age, in fact you probably couldn't name 3 that have the games played and stats Halak has at turning just 25.

I can think of one off the top of my head. Henrik Lundqvist. Of course the same can be said for Price, but this huge deal over two years is vastly overblown by everyone.

Old
06-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Brisk-Illusion

These poll results are embarrassing.

The fact that most people would trade a 25yr goalie who’s just carried the team on his back to their best playoff performance in 17 years before trading a goalie who’s on a league-leading 8 playoff game losing streak, and who took an undisciplined penalty after allowing a critical goal during his most recent loss based on potential alone tells me that a lot of posters must have some kind of high draft-pick fetish.

Old
06-11-2010, 07:36 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anctilndg View Post
68% of HF boards fan dont represent the habs fans in general, people like Halak way more than Price, no doubt about it, he gets no respect here for some reason, there are simply no LOGICAL reasons to choose Price at this point, simple. you really think fans like Price more than Halak ??

All you Price fans want him to be #1 after we trade Halak, lol, thats a recipe for disaster !! if fans already started booing him, imagine how it would be after that...

Iam not having a heart attack these polls dont deserve respect and fans that vote in them dont know much about the game to want to keep Price over Halak it is plain ridiculous.

.894 3.17
.923 2.48

Its not even close and we can all agree that Halak played against better teams in the playoffs.
I see what you did there and I cant stop laughing.

(Season + playoffs) /2 = average

Old
06-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
I see what you did there and I cant stop laughing.

(Season + playoffs) /2 = average
Actually, those are both players' career playoff stats.

Old
06-11-2010, 07:42 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
Actually, those are both players' career playoff stats.
oups!

I thought he made like

price 2.77 in season + 3.56 (playoffs) /2 = 3.17

Old
06-11-2010, 08:47 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
you would actually know that Price at 22 is already far superior than Halak
Put down the crack pipe son,to say that Price is far superior than Halak prove to me that you didnt watch a single game in the 2009-2010 season..specially the playoffs.

Old
06-11-2010, 09:26 AM
twosaints

Quote:
If you had played competitive hockey, you would actually know that Price at 22 is already far superior than Halak. There is a reason Halak did not get the net until he reached his prime.....what you see now will really not get better now.....yet, Price will keep maturing for the next 2-3 years and should even start showing his superior pedigry at 23-24......this is such a funny discussion......short term vs. long term.....no question there....Price is the million buck goalie.....period.

Oh and you ask if People really like Price better than Halak?.....well 68% of the people already told you that they do! You can use all the reverse logic that you want, at the end of the day, 7 out of 10 people know that Price is the thoroughbred......and Halak will eventually be a footnote in Hockey history.....
"Fans" (or maybe worshippers?) flaunting their crystal balls and declaring that Price will absolutely without fail be far superior to Halak in 2-4 years is one thing, but to state that now, at this point in time and at their stages of development, that Price is not only superior to Halak, but far superior? I lol'ed.

I left the rest of your post in the quote because it's deliciously embarrassing.

Old
06-11-2010, 09:54 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
Yeah, the large majority is wrong and you know better than the world!!!

1st : the argument of the majority, isnt a argument, even if most people tough the world was flat in the middle ages DIDNT make it flat in fact, majorities can be wrong and it appends very often

2nd : 200-300 votes dont mean sh.. in the habs fan base witch has millions.

3rd : I played competitive hockey all my life and still am, I played yesterday.

4th : I dont wanna wait 2-3 years, to see Price maybe develop into one of the best goalies in the league when we ALREADY have one of the best goalies in the league and we can contend for the cup right now.

5th : Players get better with age and experience, so will Halak, this was only his first year has a #1 and look what hes done.

6th : crosby, ovechkin, malkin, stamkos are thorobreds not Price.

7th : Halak at 21 was better than Price at 22
16GP-10W-6L--2SO-.906-2.89
41GP-13W-20L-0SO-.912-2.77

25 games played more and only 3 more wins and remember the team Halak played for didnt even make the playoffs.

the only thing thats far superior here is the weed your smoking.

Old
06-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Jigger77

I have to go with Price.

I can't see myself trading Price. He's a few years younger, much bigger. I really liked his attitude throughout the playoffs and late in the year. Hanging with the team, congratulating teammates etc regardless of the difficult situation he was in. He seems to have turned a page in that regards.

The kid's won everywhere he's gone. I fear if you trade him he's going to haunt you for decades.

I keep Price. Not saying that's the right decision because I don't have a crystal ball but that would be my call if I had to choose. I don't think Halak can get any better than what he's shown (which was excellent no doubt). Price can still get a lot better imo.

Old
06-11-2010, 10:04 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Why is every post you make so full of fail? Halak has proven he is a very good goalie, better than Carey Price. European goalies don't usually make the NHL and have a huge impact at a young age, in fact you probably couldn't name 3 that have the games played and stats Halak has at turning just 25.

I can think of one off the top of my head. Henrik Lundqvist. Of course the same can be said for Price, but this huge deal over two years is vastly overblown by everyone.
Antti Niemi = european = undrafted = 26 years old = Stanley cup

Old
06-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Perrah

Quote:

His weed, jesus you should check yours. For someone who jerks off to stats you should know the difference.

Quote:
Antti Niemi = european = undrafted = 26 years old = Stanley cup
Niemi was decent and had some great games in the SJ and van series and that was it, dont even try to say chicago rode him to the cup. The only good hockey he played in the finals was the 3rd period of game 6 and maybe a 3rd period of an earlier game.

Old
06-11-2010, 10:12 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
The kid's won everywhere he's gone. I fear if you trade him he's going to haunt you for decades.

Decades = at least 20 years btw LOL

Old
06-11-2010, 10:17 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
His weed, jesus you should check yours. For someone who jerks off to stats you should know the difference.

Niemi was decent and had some great games in the SJ and van series and that was it, dont even try to say chicago rode him to the cup. The only good hockey he played in the finals was the 3rd period of game 6 and maybe a 3rd period of an earlier game.
he and mathman would make a great couple

Old
06-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Decades = at least 20 years btw LOL
EONS I tell you.

Yeah decades might be a bit strong. Point is imagine living the next 15-20 years watching him win cups in New Jersey or something....

I can't fathom that.

Old
06-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Tline250

Quote:
1st : the argument of the majority, isnt a argument, even if most people tough the world was flat in the middle ages DIDNT make it flat in fact, majorities can be wrong and it appends very often

2nd : 200-300 votes dont mean sh.. in the habs fan base witch has millions.

3rd : I played competitive hockey all my life and still am, I played yesterday.

4th : I dont wanna wait 2-3 years, to see Price maybe develop into one of the best goalies in the league when we ALREADY have one of the best goalies in the league and we can contend for the cup right now.

5th : Players get better with age and experience, so will Halak, this was only his first year has a #1 and look what hes done.

6th : crosby, ovechkin, malkin, stamkos are thorobreds not Price.

25 games played more and only 3 more wins and remember the team Halak played for didnt even make the playoffs.

You need to take statistics courses

Old
06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tline250 View Post
You need to take statistics courses
taking only the hf boards fan isnt a good representation of the fan base in general, this is not a proper survey of the total population.

Old
06-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Tline250

Quote:
taking only the hf boards fan isnt a good representation of the fan base in general, this is not a proper survey of the total population.
And why it's not a good representation of the fan?

Old
06-11-2010, 11:18 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Quote:
And why it not a good representation of the fan?
Because here..potential and your draft rank is more important then what you have done in the league

Old
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Tline250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
Because here..potential and your draft rank is more important then what you have done in the league
Who prove this, you?

Old
06-11-2010, 11:33 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
can wait till Price gets traded
Going to be awesome

Old
06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
yea theres definatly not enough RDS opinion in here? too many anglo's?

come and tell me the average habs fan is going to be more knowlagable then average internet forum poster? most fans cant name you 1/2 team. doubt would be the case for majority of hockey fans who take the extra effort to go to a discussion forum of the hab.

Old
06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Tline250

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
can wait till Price gets traded
Going to be awesome

In your dreams, in my mind halak won't sign here this summer.

Old
06-11-2010, 11:39 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Quote:
Who prove this, you?
No offence (really) but you've been on the board for what? 1 month..you will see

Old
06-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Tline250

Quote:
No offence (really) but you've been on the board for what? 1 month..you will see
more than that , I just created my account last month.

Old
06-11-2010, 11:42 AM
anctilndg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post

Watch out here we are comparing a rookie in a playoff run and a 3 years player in the league, who is established as a #1.

Comparing S% and GAA in this case isnt usefull since Halak's sample is too small. It would look something like this:

Halak at 21 - .906 - 2.89
Price at 21 - .905 - 2.83

Halak at 22 - .934 - 2.11 (only 6GP)
Price at 22 - .912 - 2.77

They both played in Hamilton at 20 years old

Halak - 13GP-7W-6L-3SO-.927-2.29
Price - -10GP-6W-4L-1SO-.896-2.69

CHL at 19 years old

Halak - 47GP-24W-17L-4OTL-.913-2.78 (team was 32-30-8)10th out of 16 teams
Price - -46GP-30W-13L-1OTL-.917-2.45 (team was 47-23-1)5th out of 21 teams

Tri-City Americans lost in 1st round
Lewiston MAINEiacs lost in 2nd round