HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Other Sports Thread

Old
06-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Idiot fans breaking car windows, with people in the cars, and trying to turn over a bus with people in it.

Making the city of L.A. look ridiculous.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:12 AM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
The amazing thing is...despite FT's being over a 2 to 1 margin for the Lakers and Pau Gasol getting away with a clear travel on a huge play, I still had my news feed on facebook filled with people complaining about the refs.

I know there are Laker fans on this board, and this is obviously not directed at all fans, but overall the Lakers have to have the most annoying and ignorant fan base of any North American sports team. It's just like with USC and the Angels, I just for the life of me don't understand why people get so much enjoyment out of hopping onto a bandwagon. Two of my favorite things in life are Kings hockey and Michigan football, both have been through some tough times, and when they are good again it will be that much more rewarding.

And Ron Artest is just another example of karma not existing in sports. Talk about the last guy who should win anything.

Karma does not exist in any facet of life...

Why is Artest the last guy that should win anything? He had good self control the entire regular season and playoffs. He is obviously not the same person he was when he entered the league, hes grown more than most players ever do.

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Reaper45

Classy. Let's drag a guy out of his cab and light it on fire.

Stay classy Laker fans!

Old
06-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
These aren't fans, they don't give a crap about the Lakers. They are just problem causers.

Artest probably deserved it more than anyone else. While he has not revamped his image, he is much more in control of his emotions, he plays hard, and he wanted it the most. The way Ron is meshes with this city really well, he is a personality and while I did not like his signing because I thought he would screw up lockerroom harmony, I love him now. Without him, the Lakers do not win this series.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:31 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
These aren't fans, they don't give a crap about the Lakers. They are just problem causers.
I'm not really calling you out specifically on this, but that is a tired excuse. I'm willing to bet that they are fans and do give a crap about the Lakers. Just because you're a problem causer doesn't mean you aren't a Lakers fan.

Old
06-18-2010, 01:39 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm not really calling you out specifically on this, but that is a tired excuse. I'm willing to bet that they are fans and do give a crap about the Lakers. Just because you're a problem causer doesn't mean you aren't a Lakers fan.
If you are a laker fan, there's a chance you aren't a problem started.

If you are a problem starter, there's a good chance you are a laker fan.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 01:40 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

lol Artest thanked his therapist during his post game interview.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 05:25 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Didn't they have a police presence for the very purpose of stopping this nonsense? lol

Ah well... Laker "fans" didn't get to riot very much last year.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Didn't they have a police presence for the very purpose of stopping this nonsense? lol

I think they participated in the festivities.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:48 AM
123slam

Quote:

Actually, they did. "Fans" and fans broke into a couple retail stores, stealing all the merchandise.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 06:53 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Actually, they did. "Fans" and fans broke into a couple retail stores, stealing all the merchandise.
But did they set things on fire?

Old
06-18-2010, 06:57 AM
123slam

Quote:
But did they set things on fire?
Uhhh, not sure. Apparently they had a bonfire...haha.

"Last year, when the Lakers sealed an NBA championship with a victory in Florida against the Orlando Magic, a melee broke out in Los Angeles that included a bonfire outside the Staples Centre.

During the various impromptu celebrations that erupted, a shoe shop was broken into and cleaned out of its stock, a gas station was looted, a train was damaged, a dozen LAPD vehicles and a sheriff's vehicles were damaged, six Metro buses were damaged and Several LAPD officers were hurt."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...=feeds-newsxml

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 07:49 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Uhhh, not sure. Apparently they had a bonfire...haha.

"Last year, when the Lakers sealed an NBA championship with a victory in Florida against the Orlando Magic, a melee broke out in Los Angeles that included a bonfire outside the Staples Centre.

During the various impromptu celebrations that erupted, a shoe shop was broken into and cleaned out of its stock, a gas station was looted, a train was damaged, a dozen LAPD vehicles and a sheriff's vehicles were damaged, six Metro buses were damaged and Several LAPD officers were hurt."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...=feeds-newsxml
Montreal's got nothing on us.

Old
06-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
The amazing thing is...despite FT's being over a 2 to 1 margin for the Lakers and Pau Gasol getting away with a clear travel on a huge play, I still had my news feed on facebook filled with people complaining about the refs.

I know there are Laker fans on this board, and this is obviously not directed at all fans, but overall the Lakers have to have the most annoying and ignorant fan base of any North American sports team. It's just like with USC and the Angels, I just for the life of me don't understand why people get so much enjoyment out of hopping onto a bandwagon. Two of my favorite things in life are Kings hockey and Michigan football, both have been through some tough times, and when they are good again it will be that much more rewarding.

And Ron Artest is just another example of karma not existing in sports. Talk about the last guy who should win anything.

Sooooo, how much $ did you put on Boston?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 69
Guys there were a few idiots last night that make up less than a fraction of a percentage of So Cal's population.
They were also probably Raiders fans.

Congrats to the Lakers. I wish the Kings could enjoy a fraction of your success.

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Gotta love the news people basically hoping that something would happen. They finally got what they wanted toward the end of the night. On Channel 7 they got two people there to discuss the basketball game yet they keep searching for something going on down on the streets instead of discussing the game. I guess that is because the game was so horrible.

BTW.. I don't watch much basketball but that had to have been one of the worst games I ever watched. It looked like neither team wanted to win it.

At least the LAPD didn't shoot anybody. I guess that is a success.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Sooooo, how much $ did you put on Boston?
I actually wish I had put money on Boston, considering they covered the spread.

Anyways, I stand by everything I said in my post. Southern CA has awful, front running fans for most of the teams, with the exception of the Kings and Dodgers.

I actually hope when the Kings win the Stanley Cup the Lakers are still good, so those types of fans don't hop on the Kings bandwagon.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I do think a lot of those people only care to a point where being fan is just an excuse for them to start crap. Some of them are tried and true fans and definitely wrong. Others are just jerks and plain out dumb. Bad representation of the city but at the same time it is only a bad representation to those that really want to think bad things about Los Angeles.

Old
06-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
I do think a lot of those people only care to a point where being fan is just an excuse for them to start crap.
The Raider element. Just an excuse to act like a thug.

Those fans last night gathered well before the game and were going to riot whether the Lakers won by 20, lost by 20 or won/lost by 1 at the buzzer.

I think alot of the "fans" are bad sports fans, those people that rioted are just bad people, and they should throw the book at them.

One of my good friends who was at the game, and was actually a Laker fan before 2000 had a chunk of concrete thrown through her windshield its pathetic.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
You stay classy Laker fans. . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:52 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
I do think a lot of those people only care to a point where being fan is just an excuse for them to start crap. Some of them are tried and true fans and definitely wrong. Others are just jerks and plain out dumb. Bad representation of the city but at the same time it is only a bad representation to those that really want to think bad things about Los Angeles.
Eh... the riots just edify an already well established very low opinion of the general quality of people in this town.

Quote:

Those fans last night gathered well before the game and were going to riot whether the Lakers won by 20, lost by 20 or won/lost by 1 at the buzzer.

I think alot of the "fans" are bad sports fans, those people that rioted are just bad people, and they should throw the book at them.

One of my good friends who was at the game, and was actually a Laker fan before 2000 had a chunk of concrete thrown through her windshield its pathetic.
If I knew I had to drive around near Staples last night, I would have kept a baseball bat in my passenger seat.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Eh... the riots just edify an already well established very low opinion of the general quality of people in this town.

If I knew I had to drive around near Staples last night, I would have kept a baseball bat in my passenger seat.
I would've kept my Sig 1911 in my car!

Old
06-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:

I am a Raider fan, it is definitely that element but I would never partake in those kinds of things myself. There would have been a riot no matter how the game would have went, I agree. The thing that gets me though is, why where there no riots after Game 6? It just shows people want to start **** and wanted to wait until the most possible people were down there. Or until those regular people were happy or mad and the rioters could ruin their day.

Old
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Anyone hear or see any reports on how many arrests there were last night?

Seems to me that part of the problem is a willingness by the cops to look the other way as long as someone isn't getting killed.

This is a situation that has been repeated too often, and it seems to me that a little zero tolerance policy for last night around Staples Center would curb some of it.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Anyone hear or see any reports on how many arrests there were last night?

Seems to me that part of the problem is a willingness by the cops to look the other way as long as someone isn't getting killed.

This is a situation that has been repeated too often, and it seems to me that a little zero tolerance policy for last night around Staples Center would curb some of it.
I don't think the cops were looking the other way. They were everywhere and very active. They were much more prepared this year. I believe they shutdown a lot of the streets near Staples (at least that is what they told me at work). The problem is people still congregated around the outerlying areas. Everything was fine for the first hour or so (at least that is what it seemed on the news and their interviews of people coming from the game/celebration). It was as time went on and they started pushing the people further away that they started doing stuff. They were putting out fires as soon as they were lit and people were scattering. I mean you can't expect the police to just start firing rubber bullets a la May Day Melee.

This article says there were 38 arrests total.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rticle-7504897

The article also says Flower and 6th stree was a hot spot. I can tell you that is false. I work on Flower and 6th Street. These are office buildings and that is about 7 or 8 blocks north of Staples.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote