HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Would we do this trade???

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2010, 01:46 AM
DarrylshutzSydor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yeah but taking back Walker downgrades the offset

Meszaros at 4 mil is ideal offset as we can clear 3.1 mil in deal

Your new owner talked about spending money on team near trade deadline if I remember

Campbell would be a major splash and help improve your D
Not a huge Campbell an (as far as character goes) but the Lightning could really use a player like him who can skate the puck out of his own zone, make a great first pass, and jump start the offense.

If Chicago would do a Mesz for Campbell and a 2nd rounder...do it.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:41 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Yeah but taking back Walker downgrades the offset

Meszaros at 4 mil is ideal offset as we can clear 3.1 mil in deal

Your new owner talked about spending money on team near trade deadline if I remember

Campbell would be a major splash and help improve your D
Tampa doesn't need to make a major splash or make moves for the sake of making moves. Campbell is an upgrade offensively and the defensive aspect is debatable, I don't see any reason we should pick up an extra 3 million or so in salary for that.

If we're taking on another 3 million in salary i'd rather that be a 3 million chunk thats going to Paul Martin, or someone similar.

Old
06-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Alex28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Tampa doesn't need to make a major splash or make moves for the sake of making moves. Campbell is an upgrade offensively and the defensive aspect is debatable, I don't see any reason we should pick up an extra 3 million or so in salary for that.

If we're taking on another 3 million in salary i'd rather that be a 3 million chunk thats going to Paul Martin, or someone similar.
Paul Martin probably gets signed for 5.5 or 6 a year, which will be a seirous overpayment in itself.

The deal makes sense for Tampa if they also get someone like Sharp/Versteeg and Beach/Skille/good draft picks back. Campbell can play a solid 25 minutes a night and paired with Ohlund wouldn't be a defensive liability. Versteeg is the exact kind of player Lecavalier excels and has chemistry with, and additional assets would be nice for Tampa.

Old
06-13-2010, 02:38 PM
gobolt7

Everywhere I go I keep seeing this and I need to address it.

I may not know many things about potential trade talks at this point, but I do know one thing. Without a doubt, as of the end of the regular season, Chicago is NOT interested in Mesz. They dont want anything to do with him. Sure, things can change, but the feelings on this one were pretty strong. I would be SHOCKED if they were to trade for him. Never say never of course, but of all the possible scenario's out there of where our roster players could get traded too, Mesz going to Chicago would be the last one that I would wager on.

Old
06-13-2010, 02:41 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post

I may not know many things about potential trade talks at this point, but I do know one thing. Without a doubt, as of the end of the regular season, Chicago is NOT interested in Mesz. They dont want anything to do with him. Sure, things can change, but the feelings on this one were pretty strong. I would be SHOCKED if they were to trade for him. Never say never of course, but of all the possible scenario's out there of where our roster players could get traded too, Mesz going to Chicago would be the last one that I would wager on.
Their interest is merely in dumping an albatross of a contract. They're going to be shedding major cap dollars this off-season. It'll be a chance for some low budget teams to upgrade if they'll eat a bit of bad salary in the process.

Old
06-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post

Actually if you remember the Hawks did have interest in Meszaros according to Dreger near the olympic trade deadline.

Probably was trying to figure out a way to make Barker for Meszaros work cap wise

Old
06-13-2010, 07:22 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Actually if you remember the Hawks did have interest in Meszaros according to Dreger near the olympic trade deadline.

Probably was trying to figure out a way to make Barker for Meszaros work cap wise
I do remember. I also remember what I was told, which very much contradicts that report. There was no misunderstanding either, it was clear as day.

Closed Thread