2002-03 40.7% (474)
2003-04 50.0% (60)
2005-06 46.7% (15)
2006-07 33.3% (18)
2007-08 40.0% (10)
2008-09 57.9% (19)
2009-10 33.3% (3)

Career 42.1% (599)

Lemaire barely ever had him take draws after the first year, probably because he was on wing, but there's probably a good reason for it too. He'd need to improve that pat of his game.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Even if Bouchard is able to come back, I just don't see him as a good fit at center. I just don't believe he can hold his own physically that the position demands (in all three zones). Nor do I believe he could sustain with that type of grind throughout a season.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:19 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Bouchard is the exact opposite of the type of player the Wild needs right now.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Trades seem like a good strategy - keeps the cap space in line. It will be interesting to see what if any deals they come up with. We all know what Wild players the armchair GMs want.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 02:24 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Bouchard is the exact opposite of the type of player the Wild needs right now.
So on a team that desperately needs speed, puck possession, and just general offense, Bouchard is the opposite of what we need?

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:24 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
So on a team that desperately needs speed, puck possession, and just general offense, Bouchard is the opposite of what we need?
We need toughness, goal scoring, and speed. Bouchard brings one(speed).

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
he is a good playmaker though.

I just hope he can be the same player he was before his injury.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 07:12 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

He's an overrated playmaker, who's bread and butter play is passing it to the point no matter the situation.

On a team full of playmakers, we don't need one who's afraid to make plays. We need a player willing to crash the net and score goals.

Old
06-05-2010, 07:15 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

The player he was before his injury was not cutting it either. He was terrible for 2/3rds of the 08/09 season because he couldn't get over losing Rolston. He's purely a complimentary player, he does not make those around him better, he just supports them. He is not a good hockey player without the puck on his stick, and plays around with it far too much when it is on his stick. I'd be happy trading him off for a friendlier contract to buy-out(like Finger), and I felt that way before his injury. DR sure did a number on this team with ridiculous contracts.

Old
06-05-2010, 07:19 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
The player he was before his injury was not cutting it either. He was terrible for 2/3rds of the 08/09 season because he couldn't get over losing Rolston. He's purely a complimentary player, he does not make those around him better, he just supports them. He is not a good hockey player without the puck on his stick, and plays around with it far too much when it is on his stick. I'd be happy trading him off for a friendlier contract to buy-out(like Finger), and I felt that way before his injury. DR sure did a number on this team with ridiculous contracts.
Agreed completely. I could see DR's screw up on Butch coming from miles away. I was begging for him to be traded instead of re-signed... but not only did DR re-sign him, but he re-signed him to a deal that Butch had never earned to begin with.

The Wild have been paying for it ever since.

Old
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Question, what terrible contract would you rather have right now? And no, neither is not an option.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard | expires 2012-2013 | $4.08 million per

or

Brian Rolston | expires 2011-2012 | $5.06 million per

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 07:30 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Question, what terrible contract would you rather have right now? And no, neither is not an option.

or

Rolston has 1 less year, and would be used on a scoring line here, so its an easy decision for me. Then again, had you put Demitra into the equation with his 2year 8M deal from the same offseason, I'd have taken his, because I felt he was the best of the 3(and if the WMB went back that far, you could see me feeling the same way about the 3).

Old
06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Bouchard provides goal scoring. So that's two.

We have enough "toughness" as well. We're now a team of lumbering lumberjacks that can't keep up.

Quote:
He's an overrated playmaker, who's bread and butter play is passing it to the point no matter the situation.

On a team full of playmakers, we don't need one who's afraid to make plays. We need a player willing to crash the net and score goals.
Who's now become an underrated playmaker. Brian Rolston would never have become a 5 million man without Butch.

Guys like Latendresse need a Bouchard or they don't score. Period.

Quote:
Agreed completely. I could see DR's screw up on Butch coming from miles away. I was begging for him to be traded instead of re-signed... but not only did DR re-sign him, but he re-signed him to a deal that Butch had never earned to begin with.

The Wild have been paying for it ever since.
Hindsight is 20/20. Giving him away would have been a mistake as well. You can't give up on the young talent. And BTW, teams pay for promise every year in the NHL. It's a fact of life. Some just don't work out.

Quote:
Rolston has 1 less year, and would be used on a scoring line here, so its an easy decision for me.
Maybe you need to catch up with the times. Rolston would not see a scoring line here. He's a shell of his former self.

A healthy Bouchard beats Rolston in a landslide.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 10:24 PM
nickschultzfan

Rolston is terrible. So happy he left the Wild.

Yeah, he scored goals and was more clutch than most the team, but he also killed 4 scoring chances to every 1 he created by turning the puck over, cycling the puck to nobody, missing the net and ringing the puck out of the zone, or taking a shot into the defender's shin pads instead of passing to the open man.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Rolston is terrible. So happy he left the Wild.

Yeah, he scored goals and was more clutch than most the team, but he also killed 4 scoring chances to every 1 he created by turning the puck over, cycling the puck to nobody, missing the net and ringing the puck out of the zone, or taking a shot into the defender's shin pads instead of passing to the open man.
Well, that's a better percentage than Bouchard!

Cycling to nobody, hey I bet that was because P*ss Bouchard was afraid to go behind the net because he might get touched. Much safer doing spinneramas at the blueline than going deep in the offensive zone!

And shoot, well if he didn't, then how would his line have scored? Bouchard doesn't shoot, he even admitted it himself.

Old
06-05-2010, 11:54 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:

or

As saywut just said, easily Rolston! Rolston used on a scoring line goes to the high percentage areas and is willing to pay the price to help the team. Butch? Not so much.

Add in the fact that Rolston has a ton of imact on the defensive side of the ice as well and plays well in just about every situation (has shown to be a bigtime minute muncher at forward, while playing well on both special teams), where as Butch is as one demensional as they get (and I'm not even talking about his only 2 plays he uses to try to "create" a play... the pass to the point, or the spin-o-rama just inside the blueline)

Old
06-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Quote:
As saywut just said, easily Rolston! Rolston used on a scoring line goes to the high percentage areas and is willing to pay the price to help the team. Butch? Not so much.

Add in the fact that Rolston has a ton of imact on the defensive side of the ice as well and plays well in just about every situation (has shown to be a bigtime minute muncher at forward, while playing well on both special teams), where as Butch is as one demensional as they get (and I'm not even talking about his only 2 plays he uses to try to "create" a play... the pass to the point, or the spin-o-rama just inside the blueline)
You do realize Rolston's 2 year totals in New Jersey were 35 goals and 34 assists? Less than his first year alone in Minnesota. D E C L I N E. The hand writing was on the wall his last year in St. Paul, where there were major questions about his continuing ability. The dude is gonna be 37 next season, and he plays like it. I like Rolston, but NJ made a big mistake giving the contract they did.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 12:32 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Who's now become an underrated playmaker. Brian Rolston would never have become a 5 million man without Butch.

Guys like Latendresse need a Bouchard or they don't score. Period.
How can you say that when Latendresse just came off a 25g season and he didn't play a single second with a Bouchard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
You do realize Rolston's 2 year totals in New Jersey were 35 goals and 34 assists? Less than his first year alone in Minnesota. D E C L I N E. The hand writing was on the wall his last year in St. Paul, where there were major questions about his continuing ability. The dude is gonna be 37 next season, and he plays like it. I like Rolston, but NJ made a big mistake giving the contract they did.
You do realize Rolston has not had even remotely the same role since joining NJ than he had with the Wild right? Even top 6 forwards will drop to bottom 6 production when you play them in the bottom 6 in your lineup with bottom 6 icetime.

I will take Rolston at 37 before I want Butch back at the age he is now.

Old
06-06-2010, 01:56 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:

or

I would actually rather have Bouchard. I mean both contracts aren't pretty - what contract from that summer is now - but Bouchard can be hidden and possibly used to enhance others more than Rolston. I really can't see him fitting into this version of the Wild.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 02:29 AM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I would actually rather have Bouchard. I mean both contracts aren't pretty - what contract from that summer is now - but Bouchard can be hidden and possibly used to enhance others more than Rolston. I really can't see him fitting into this version of the Wild.
Well at least you didn't really "bash" Rolston's game.

I disagree though. Rolston could play a nice cycle game with Brunette-Koivu, and give that line a much more productive shooter than Miettinen. Bouchard doesn't fit the Koivu line, and I certainly wouldn't be happy with him centering Latendresse-Havlat, as there is no reliable defensive forward on that line. Rolston would also help our PK, and move Havlat off the point on our PP to a more productive forward spot.

We made the right move letting Rolston walk for his contract, but signing Bouchard wasn't the right move.

Old
06-06-2010, 10:06 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
i'll bash Rolston's "game". that ****er was one of the laziest, least physical players we've ever had. oh, we don't need to practice, coach. just make it optional and we'll work really hard at losing 7 out of 8 of the next games while mailing in effort. Great leader. Pure win, that one. Willing to pay the price? WTF?

Only time i remember Rolston with a decent hit (i'm sure there are more) was hitting Willie Mitchell from behind, and the only reason i remember that is it lead to a "fight".

you guys are cracked. he should be more physical than bouchard given their relative sizes, but you are recalling incorrectly. He'd instantly improve our PP, but that's about it. Our game now is nothing like it was under Lemaire...and even under Lemaire last year he was extremely underwhelming.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 10:08 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Well at least you didn't really "bash" Rolston's game.

I disagree though. Rolston could play a nice cycle game with Brunette-Koivu, and give that line a much more productive shooter than Miettinen. Bouchard doesn't fit the Koivu line, and I certainly wouldn't be happy with him centering Latendresse-Havlat, as there is no reliable defensive forward on that line. Rolston would also help our PK, and move Havlat off the point on our PP to a more productive forward spot.

We made the right move letting Rolston walk for his contract, but signing Bouchard wasn't the right move.
rolston can't keep the puck on his stick to save his life. how is he going to play a cycle game when he is constantly bobbling the puck or just letting it skip past him? fairly sure Rolston playing the cycle game would = more odd man rushes the other way than we saw this year.

Old
06-06-2010, 10:11 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post

exactly right. I would take Bouchard simply because we haven't seen how he plays in a more open system. We are struggling with puck control right now, and Rolston would hurt that area of the game where that is Bouchard's strong suit.

Old
06-06-2010, 10:14 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
How can you say that when Latendresse just came off a 25g season and he didn't play a single second with a Bouchard?

You do realize Rolston has not had even remotely the same role since joining NJ than he had with the Wild right? Even top 6 forwards will drop to bottom 6 production when you play them in the bottom 6 in your lineup with bottom 6 icetime.

I will take Rolston at 37 before I want Butch back at the age he is now.
you do realize that if Rolston had shown any hint of offensive skill he would have been given a shot on the top six, right? Especially given that Jacques by most accounts thought highly of him for whatever reason.

Not buying it. He got his contract, his effort went way down. when not given the high profile that his contract warranted, i'm sure it didn't improve his attitude any.

Old
06-06-2010, 10:17 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

uhhgggg. sorry, guys. i was used to the Wild boards and the awkward way you have to multi-quote there (don't bother most of the time).

apologies. not for the sentiments in my post but the nature of their format.