Notices

Spezza available

Old
06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

vCash: 500
Sens fan here.

I hope spezza is not serious about wanting a trade, but if he does then I was also thinking that you guys might be good partners since you could pair him with Iggy. With a top sniper, 90+ points is not out of the question for Spezza. He's never going to be physical or the best defensive player out there, but he's gotten more responsible this season and at times he can look pretty dominant out there.

I think our priority would be on getting a center back. Maybe Regehr+Langkow+a mid-level pick/prospect for Spezza+Carkner?

Am I way off in terms of value?

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
ok?

How much would playing with Iggy be good for Marleau? Pretty good, maybe? I'll let you awnser that.

Why won't Staal be that good, oh because you've seen him play on the third line in Pittspurgh so much. So obviously you would know.
I would kill to have Jordan Staal on this team. However, there are other players that would fill this teams needs better.

I see no reason why Staal wouldnt be a good fit for the top line. He isn't a playmaker, but neither was Cammalleri.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
ok?

How much would playing with Iggy be good for Marleau? Pretty good, maybe? I'll let you awnser that.

Why won't Staal be that good, oh because you've seen him play on the third line in Pittspurgh so much. So obviously you would know.
while Iggy can be a very good passer he is not Thornton good at playmaking thus Marleau will not achieve those heights as a Flame... there is also a difference between being set up by a centerman and a winger as the passes are coming from different parts of the ice...

Staal will never be a #1 playmaker because he simply does not have the offensive creativity or the passing ability to do so... he a good young player... but he has never known an ability to be a playmaking center... he has shown he is more adept to shooting

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
I would kill to have Jordan Staal on this team. However, there are other players that would fill this teams needs better.

I see no reason why Staal wouldnt be a good fit for the top line. He isn't a playmaker, but neither was Cammalleri.
Iginla passing to a center is different than passing to a winger, they are in different spots on the ice... its one of the reasons Iginla and Jokinen failed so badly

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Iginla passing to a center is different than passing to a winger, they are in different spots on the ice... its one of the reasons Iginla and Jokinen failed so badly
I do agree, Staal is a shooting center that lacks creativity. Spezza on the other hand brings a huge element of creativity, but the cost is that he is a turnover machine

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBeforeMcGrattan View Post
Sens fan here.

I hope spezza is not serious about wanting a trade, but if he does then I was also thinking that you guys might be good partners since you could pair him with Iggy. With a top sniper, 90+ points is not out of the question for Spezza. He's never going to be physical or the best defensive player out there, but he's gotten more responsible this season and at times he can look pretty dominant out there.

I think our priority would be on getting a center back. Maybe Regehr+Langkow+a mid-level pick/prospect for Spezza+Carkner?

Interesting... I am not sure if Calgary could swap Sarich for Regehr though.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:31 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Jokinen moves in one direction...Staal does not.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:36 AM
tfong

Quote:
Jokinen moves in one direction...Staal does not.
Staal will be like Drury

A good clutch player but not a 100 point guy. The guy was never a prolific scorer to begin with and I don't see a reason for him to be one now.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
The Gnome

[QUOTE=tfong;26131470]Staal will be like Drury

A good clutch player but not a 100 point guy. The guy was never a prolific scorer to begin with and I don't see a reason for him to be one now.[/QUOTE/]

Hey if we can land a 100 pt guy I'm all for it.

Not Spezza, I would rather have Staal.

Old
06-04-2010, 12:14 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Sens fan here.

Value seems right, but i don't think Calgary has any use for Carkner.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 12:16 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Depends whether or not we move any other veteran defensive defenseman for cap space.

Carker is a solid right hand shooting defenseman for the bottom pairing with good size. He also has a real nice cap number at $700,000.

He adds toughness as well. Think Jim Vandermeer, but at 1/3 of the cost.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 12:17 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Carkner can do what Reg can and at a cheaper price...good deal.

Old
06-04-2010, 12:18 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
I would say that if that deal went through the Sens got fleeced.

Old
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

But i thought Spezza wasn't that good? Or is it becuase you under value Regehr?

Old
06-04-2010, 12:21 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Carkner can do what Reg can and at a cheaper price...good deal.
Let's not go overboard here. Reggie goes against top offensive players night in and night out, playing in the neighborhood of 20-22 minutes.

Carkner can't do that. He's a 16-17 minute bottom pairing defenseman with size and toughness.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 12:26 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Let's not go overboard here. Reggie goes against top offensive players night in and night out, playing in the neighborhood of 20-22 minutes.

Carkner can't do that. He's a 16-17 minute bottom pairing defenseman with size and toughness.
yup I agree but he'll cost less and bring what Reg brings with less minutes. But we have the dmen already that can step up.

Old
06-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Carkner is a decent cheap defenceman who plays a fairly safe solid game. He has no offensive abilities and he's slow, but he's a solid piece at his cap number. Sens fans probably wouldn't want to let him go, to be honest.

From the sounds of it, I might be overvaluing Regehr in this deal. Has he slid a bit from where he used to be?

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:31 PM
AlbertaNucksFan

Spezza + Volchenkov + 2010 2nd

for

Backlund + Langkow + Regehr + Moss

The Sens get a player like Volchenkov but already under contract at reasonable dollars, and the Flames get a shot(ala Bouwmeester) at signing Volchenkov.

Hagman Spezza Iginla
Bourque Stajan Moss
Dawes Conroy Kotalik

ahhh forget it our team blows

AlbertaNucksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:36 PM
flames123

Quote:
Sens fan here.

No I think that seems pretty fair, but what would you want as the prospect? Backlund is kinda off limits so then you would be looking at someone on the farm. Take your pick...

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:44 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Carkner is a decent cheap defenceman who plays a fairly safe solid game. He has no offensive abilities and he's slow, but he's a solid piece at his cap number. Sens fans probably wouldn't want to let him go, to be honest.

From the sounds of it, I might be overvaluing Regehr in this deal. Has he slid a bit from where he used to be?
He's still decent, but yeah he's def slipped post lockout. You guys have Sutton and I think him and Reg would destroy people together

Old
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaNucksFan View Post
Spezza + Volchenkov + 2010 2nd

for

Backlund + Langkow + Regehr + Moss

The Sens get a player like Volchenkov but already under contract at reasonable dollars, and the Flames get a shot(ala Bouwmeester) at signing Volchenkov.

Hagman Spezza Iginla
Bourque Stajan Moss
Dawes Conroy Kotalik

ahhh forget it our team blows
How about

To CGY:
Spezza

To OTT:
Regehr
Nemisz
3rd rounder

Dump Langkow in another trade for a pick/prospect to free up Cap, unless Ott really wants him to fill the empty Center roll.

Hagman Spezza Iggy
Bourque Stajan Kotalik
Dawes Backlund Moss
Glenncross Higgins Nystrom

Old
06-04-2010, 01:50 PM
jtommyt

Quote:
Sens fan here.

I think you might be overvaluing Regehr a bit. For comparison, I would suggest that Regehr = Phillips.

With Volchenkov on the way out, Reggie would be a solid replacement. Top 4 shutdown guy.

My first thought in terms of the package for Spezza by himself was
Reggie + Langkow + Nemisz.

I think the proper value would be somewhere between the 2.

Maybe Reggie, Langks and the rights to White for Spezza and Carkner?

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 01:56 PM
jtommyt

Quote:
How about

To CGY:
Spezza

To OTT:
Regehr
Nemisz
3rd rounder

Dump Langkow in another trade for a pick/prospect to free up Cap, unless Ott really wants him to fill the empty Center roll.

Hagman Spezza Iggy
Bourque Stajan Kotalik
Dawes Backlund Moss
Glenncross Higgins Nystrom
I don't like Backlund as our 3rd line center. I think that's why so many guys are suggesting that Stajan be part of the package. If Spezza's #1, Backlund needs to be #2 to properly develop as an offensive playmaking center. Stajan's not good enough or strong enough defensively to be the #3 guy.

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtommyt View Post
I don't like Backlund as our 3rd line center. I think that's why so many guys are suggesting that Stajan be part of the package. If Spezza's #1, Backlund needs to be #2 to properly develop as an offensive playmaking center. Stajan's not good enough or strong enough defensively to be the #3 guy.
I don't know I think that might be rushing backlund a bit. I think he should start as #3 and bust his hump to come up past Stajan. Don't just give it to him make him earn it. Then worry about having Stajan there or not.

Old
06-04-2010, 02:06 PM
GoFlames

Well Regehr going would leave a massive void of a minute eating top pairing D man. Carkner is ok but does not commonly play against top lines and plays less minutes. Raw cap hits can be deceiving. Reggie for what he brings ia a bargain. Carkner maybe but for roughly the same cash we could bring up Pelech. I would rather picks than Carkner imo.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote