HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

The Chael Sonnen Thread (more trash talk)

Old
06-24-2010, 05:07 PM
FruityPants3*

vCash: 500
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/22...own-mma-writer

Awesome read

Quote:
Jon Lane : You’ve been quoted on the record that you have a moral obligation to beat Silva up. In terms of having to overcome perhaps the sport’s most talented and gifted athlete and the vibe he gives off that he’s in charge and owns the Octagon, can you crack his aura? And how?

Chael : zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. what?

Jon Lane: You said this: "[Silva is] really good, he’s really effective, and he’s as unpleasing to watch as grass growing. That’s why they called me to get rid of this cancer of the company." Why have you adopted the villain role in MMA? Your strong words directed at Silva the past four years, combined with your ascension to the No. 1 contender’s spot, gives off the impression that you’re playing the part of the heel. Why? Is part of it to better sell a fight?

Chael: Are they paying you by the word? If so, I'll send you a check myself to cover whatever they are paying you to ask me shorter questions.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

More from our favorite red-meat Republican:
Quote:
Lil’ Nog…..I read your appraisal of the upcoming fight betwixt your pal Anderson and yours truly and, I’ll be damned, you are one sharp dude…. about as sharp as a bag of wet mice. Do yourself a favor: have your mouthpiece permanently installed in your mouth so you can’t speak at all. Have them feed you with a tube like a coma patient. You’re not doing Anderson any good and you’re sinking your own ship too. You say I’m not qualified to fight Anderson…Which means that the UFC brain trust – that thinks I AM and are also YOUR BOSSES — are idiots. It also means Ed Soares – Anderson’s manager and YOUR MANAGER TOO – doesn’t know what he’s doing, either. Smooth, guy. Very smooth. Do you have any other brilliant ideas or scathing critiques you care to impart to the UFC Brass or your own manager? Maybe that shot Sokodjou hit you with was worse than it looked (if that’s even possible). You seem like a nice enough guy, and I have no real beef with you (Oh, and speaking of beef: If you can turn your disk over at the Rodizio once in awhile and get down to "185," there’s gonna be a new sheriff there in less than a month who’ll be happy to ride you right back out of town on a rail). So please see this as the kind of well-intentioned advice I would give to a friend or training partner. And if you lose a few (you looked like Roy Nelson in a Frankenstein mask for that Brilz fight… which you lost, buddyboy), we can scrap in the Fall.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
More from our favorite red-meat Republican:
I love Lil'Nog but that is gold right there. He tore him apart.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 06:24 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

http://mmavideolinks.to/fighter-vide...-download.html

Fast forward to the 8 minute mark on the video to see Chael Sonnen screaming like a *****

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Maxpac

Ouch! poor Nogueira

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Jasper

I give him credit for helping to make this a really interesting fight. Anderson with huge reasons to kill by both Dana and Sonnen. Someone's really going to get hurt lol.

Jasper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
monster_bertuzzi

I hope he gets throttled by Silva (worse than James Irvin).

monster_bertuzzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 03:17 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
The way MMA has been going recently, he's going to flash KO the previously never-even-been-rocked Silva.

Blah.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 03:49 AM
AndyPipkin

^Everyone loses.

Old
07-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I hope he gets throttled by Silva (worse than James Irvin).
He will demolish Sonnen. Silva and Soares know that his antics in the Maia fight went too far. He will make up for it just like he made up for that BS fight against Leites.

Anytime I think of Sonnen, I see Maia tossing him to the ground with a trip, planing his triangle from the top, rolling him over like a child and submitting his ass. Best set-up of a triangle because Sonnen had no idea WTF was going on.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 06:55 PM
BGDDYKWL

This is hilarious.
Quote:
Anderson Silva on whether this fight is his most anticipated fight of his career, "Nope."

Chael Sonnen: "Anderson has a lot of tools. I don't see a glaring weakness anywhere. I might look at tape this week."

Sonnen: "I'm the toughest guy in the company. There has never been a guy with earrings that can out-tough me and he's not gonna be the first."

Sonnen: "There are a lot of distractions for this fight. But if you're in the main event that's how it should be. You should have to answer a lot of questions about the fight and if you notice, all the questions are coming to me. I'm a partner with the UFC, he's an employee. People want to talk to me because I give coherent answers unlike my opponent who's on speaker phone somewhere driving in his car giving 'yes' and 'no' answers."

Silva: "Dana can say what he wants to say," regarding cutting him with another poor performance.

Sonnen: "I make all my comments with my political future in mind. I received 96.3 percent of the vote. I'm wildly popular."

Silva on whether he is tired with the whole media process in the lead up to the fight, "No."

Silva: "No, I'm not concerned about Sonnen's wrestling. I didn't have a problem with Dan Henderson and he was one of the best wrestlers around."

Silva on future fights, "I'm only thinking about my fight next week."

Sonnen on who he would want to fight should he win, "I think Vitor Belfort is in line next. That's not really who i would want to fight. I have a guy in mind and I'll challenge him on the night of the 7th."

Sonnen on why he dislikes Silva so much, "I've never had a problem with what he does in the cage. I don't believe in sportsmanship and honor. It's a fight. I just don't like him. I don't have to have a reason, not everybody can like everybody. I'm going to got out there and take his belt on the 7th and Dana's gonna fire him on the 8th."

Silva said he's very excited about the atmosphere in the arena regarding the Brazil vs. U.S. match-ups.

Sonnen on the U.S. vs. Brazil match-ups, "I don't think it'll be too different. American fans aren't real biased. We just like whoever we like as opposed to other countries who are more loyal."

Sonnen: "I don't think Anderson has any fans. He's the only guy in the world that has been a champion for 4 years and only has one sponsor. Nobody wants to associate themselves with him. Nobody wants to dress like him or be like him. I, on the other hand, have numerous sponsors who do very well. That should tell you all you need to know about his popularity."

Sonnen: "Representing Oregon gives me a lot of motivation."

Sonnen: "Anderson has been picking his fights for years. He fought a Math teacher from Ohio and a one-legged Canadian. Things will be drastically different for him when he fights a world-class wrestler like myself."

Silva on whether he cares about fans booing him, "Fans are fans. They're cheering one minute and booing the next. Fans don't really understand what's happening in the cage. I don't blame them.

Silva on Sonnen's trash talk, "I actually think that what Chael is saying is funny."

Sonnen: "There's no argument that I'm the only one promoting this fight. Of course I'm promoting this fight myself. Nobody wants to hear from him. Nobody is making any money off the fight because of him. I don't even know why he's here. You guys [the media] are the only fans he has. I'm the one people want to see."

Ed Soares then talked for Anderson saying he will handle his business on fight night.

Silva: "Everyone has their own way of promoting the fight. My job is to fight on August 7, not talk a bunch of crap about people."

Silva: "I'm not bored at this weight class. I like this weight division and I'm prepared to stay in this division. I want to retire fighting in this weight category."

Sonnen: "I don't know what hype means. Hype is BS, it's phony. I answer questions that you guys ask, that's it. I don't think that's hype. That's the fight business. We have to make people want to watch our fight. I could pull Anderson Silva out of his hotel room any night and beat the crap out of him, but i made a commitment to wait until august 7 to do that."

Sonnen: "He's a scary fighter, I know he's gonna hurt me really bad. But I'm confident that I can deal with the pain and take the belt from him anyway."

Silva: "It's out of the question that I will fight at a catch weight. If you want to beat me up come make my weight class."

Silva: "Chael feels like he has to promote the fight. It's not the same way that I choose to promote the fight. I'm here doing my job training for August 7. I feel like what I've done in the past promotes the fight enough."

Silva on why he was so upset with what Demian Maia had to say before their fight and why's not upset with Sonnen. "It has nothing to do with Maia being Brazilian. I just don't feel like responding to Chael. We can settle this in the cage. People don't pay to hear people talk crap about each other, they pay to watch them fight."

Sonnen then sounds off with this: "He couldn't be any more wrong. Does he know anything about the business? People don't just want to watch people fight, they want to know why they are fighting. He thinks he's taking the high road. He is so clueless it's not even funny. The guy is a dummy. I can't wait to kick his ass."

Silva on what he does done differently in training for this fight as opposed to others, "I started training with Steven Segal."

Sonnen: "I don't think he's gonna be that easy to take down. I don't think anybody has ever outgrappled him. But I've fought 41 men and I've never been outstruck. I doubt we're gonna be the first to do either to each other. It's gonna be a real fight, something that he's not used to."
Link

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 11:51 PM
northstarsforever

Some of you guys might like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0DLJ...layer_embedded NSFW Language

northstarsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 03:29 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
This is hilarious.

Link
Sonnen plays up MMArtists as entertainers, downplays them as athletes. More at 11:00.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

New hat here...attacking Lance Armstrong.

Quote:
"When you screw up, you have to own it. That stuff really gets under my skin. Take Lance Armstrong. Lance Armstrong did a number of things and he gave himself cancer. He cheated, he did drugs, and he gave himself cancer. Well, instead of saying ‘Hey listen, I cheated and gave myself cancer, don't be like me.' He actually made himself the victim and then went out and profited something like $15 million dollars from this ‘Hey, poor me, let's find a cure for cancer' campaign instead of just coming clean and saying, ‘Look, here's what I did, I screwed myself up, and I hope people learn from my mistakes.' You just watch these guys and can't help but think, God, what a fraud. You got the whole Michael Phelps being a pothead thing too. I'm just glad I'm in the business I'm in so I can get them in the cage and kick the crap out of them."

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Maxpac

So Silva said he would issue a challenge to somebody on the 7th.... Who might that be? I'm thinking the winner of Shogun/Rashad.

Old
08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
So Silva said he would issue a challenge to somebody on the 7th.... Who might that be? I'm thinking the winner of Shogun/Rashad.
Was that not Sonnen?

And I really hope Chael gets destroyed. I'd laugh if he gets a broken jaw in the fight so he can't talk for a while

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Did Silva say that? I thought I heard Sonnen did.

Either way I don't care, I hope Sonnen gets his annoying face smashed in and he can go back to 185 mediocrity.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 06:37 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Sonnen's the one who is going to call out his next opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
New hat here...attacking Lance Armstrong.

Oh Chael...

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Was that not Sonnen?

And I really hope Chael gets destroyed. I'd laugh if he gets a broken jaw in the fight so he can't talk for a while
Oh ya, you're right. Pretty obvious it's Lil Nog then..

Old
08-05-2010, 02:09 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Josh Gross started a twitter hashtag #thingschaelsonnendidntdo ... pretty hilarious.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 08:56 AM
bennysflyers16

This is going to awesome,,, I hate both fighters, but will love the aftermath if Sonnen beats Silva !!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 09:02 AM
AndyPipkin

I've heard some talk that Sonnen is getting %1 of the PPV buys because unlike Lesnar/Carwin(Carwin didn't get a %) they know this show won't do any where near as well. So you can see why Chael is carrying on like he is and laughing his ass off all the way to the bank win of lose.

We're all getting trolled hard.

Old
08-05-2010, 09:27 AM
m9

I saw a couple of videos on youtube with a take of Chael Sonnen as 'the worlds most interesting man' or whatever. Pretty funny stuff. Sorry I don't have a link, they're worth checking out though.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
DanyHeatleyfnAllstar
French Coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
This is going to awesome,,, I hate both fighters, but will love the aftermath if Sonnen beats Silva !!
Ditto. Imagine how much further his head would be up in the clouds. He'd be the most annoying/hated champion ever, but help bring some more attention to the sport.

DanyHeatleyfnAllstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:33 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
I've heard some talk that Sonnen is getting %1 of the PPV buys because unlike Lesnar/Carwin(Carwin didn't get a %) they know this show won't do any where near as well. So you can see why Chael is carrying on like he is and laughing his ass off all the way to the bank win of lose.

We're all getting trolled hard.
I was curious about this... any link?

EDIT - Josh Gross is under the impression that Sonnen is NOT getting a slice.

Last edited by kurt: 08-05-2010 at 01:18 PM.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote