HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs re-sign Koci and Budaj

Old
06-03-2010, 06:58 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I can't believe Koci got a raise.

lol yuck, any word how much budaj is getting?

skip2mybordeleau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 06:58 PM
ninetynine*

vCash: 500
Quote:
I can't believe Koci got a raise.
Oh nevermind, he got $575,000k last year too, sorry my bad.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 07:00 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post
lol yuck, any word how much budaj is getting?
Budaj gets $1.25 mill

Old
06-03-2010, 07:02 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Expected Regression

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Budaj gets $1.25 mill

i was hoping he took a slight discount.

skip2mybordeleau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 07:04 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Do you guys think this has any weighing/hint of our draft board?
koci: not at all

budaj: shows that we still don't really trust weiman and we don't really have anyone in the syste that we can expect to hit the NHL, so it may increase our chances of taking campbell if he's available with our 1st, though I'm pretty sure our usual strategy is BPA which is how we ended up with so many offensive defensemen.

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Adama0905

Personally I'm very happy with Budaj. Can't be over 1.25 anyway, so it's a good signing. He's a good teammate and a very capable backup if they persuade Sacco to use him more.

And like someone else said, at least Koci is a good scapegoat.

So basically we resigned two scapegoats. Okay, let's get in to the important signings...

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
WOOT, Koci is back haters, hope he plays with reckless abandon next year, because he has absolutely no respect to lose from half the Avs fan base who [unfairly] hate his guts. I had a feeling the needle was in the coffin when he was included in this http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=529117

Not to mention Koci comes cheap [$575,000] and has a very good attitude.
Well first of all, nobody actually hates the guy. The only game I really hated him was the one where he took a cheapshot at Green. Other than that, he's just a non-factor.

Where I bold the "half" for is that I sure as hell hope more than half hate the fact that he's on the roster.

Old
06-03-2010, 07:44 PM
hughdreamz

You know what this means. A VERY TIRED OVERWORKED ANDERSON FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!! Why resign Budaj? Sacco doesn't even trust him! This signing makes no sense at all. Very STUPID!!!

The Koci resign isn't bad, you know he won't actually be playing much. It's only one year. One more year of Budaj is torture!!!

hughdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 07:47 PM
ninetynine*

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/792

Koci will be ready to rumble next fall.

Old
06-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Chileiceman

I'm glad for the Budaj signing. Confused about the Koci signing. What is the point? He's useless, he can't even fight well.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 07:56 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
I'm glad for the Budaj signing. Confused about the Koci signing. What is the point? He's useless, he can't even fight well.
You don't have to win every fight, but you have to put up a fight.

Old
06-03-2010, 08:02 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
He serves as a punching bag. Not much of a resistance.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 140
Color me baffled. Koci saw so little action in the second half of the year I forgot he was even on the team. I'm fine with resigning Budaj SO LONG AS he starts at least 15 games and Andy gets some rest this year. It'd be a bad sign if the front office resigns Budaj and then the coaches only give him 10 games this year.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 08:33 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
Color me baffled. Koci saw so little action in the second half of the year I forgot he was even on the team. I'm fine with resigning Budaj SO LONG AS he starts at least 15 games and Andy gets some rest this year. It'd be a bad sign if the front office resigns Budaj and then the coaches only give him 10 games this year.
He broke his hand, in a fight he won as per hockeyfights.com

Old
06-03-2010, 08:58 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
They are both signed to one year contacts so the cap hit numbers are not really important because we won't be spending near the cap anyways. Glad to have Budaj back, indifferent about Koci.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I don't think Budaj will see any more games.

I still have a feeling Sacco's going to look for an experienced backup at this year's deadline. I believed the Roloson rumors.

There weren't any real attractive options for a backup in FA.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Cutting down on the number of shots Anderson sees a game would go a long way in keeping him fresh.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 09:36 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
1.25 for Budaj? It's not that I think don't think he's worth it, but for the limited role he played last year I question why he was given it here. In reality, I question how limited his role was given how reliable of a back-up he's been.

Budaj is becoming this team's Ken Wregget, minus the part about him leading us to the playoffs multiple times.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Well, I guess after the other teams' players are done beating Koci to a pulp after each and every fight, they're less aggressive and less likely to beat up on our players that aren't worthless, so maybe he does have a purpose.

Quote:
Haha, you know what I just realized? With Sacco playing him so little, TECHNICALLY Budaj is paid more than Anderson. Per game that is. Pretty funny.

But really, Sacco needs to not be stupid and give Budaj around fifteen to twenty starts next year. There is absolutely no reason to make Anderson play seventy games a year when we have a backup that is more than capable of playing great, solid hockey each start, and even stealing a few games.

Old
06-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Drury_Sakic

I don't get the rub with Koci. I HIGHLY doubt he is slotted in as the 12th forward... He is most likely to slot in as the 13th or 14th guy on the depth chart. Would rather have Koci in the press box for half the season than put Stoa or another guy that has some potential up there. Best to have a vet nobody in the box and let the kids play for the Monsters and call them up only when needed.

As for a guy like Eager, Eager is not going to be a 575k guy, at best Eager is likely a 1.2-1.5 million or more player after his playoffs, and its not like signing Koci means the Avs can't still add 1-2 4th line players depending on what happens with Yelle and Hendricks.

Koci missed a bunch of time down the stretch due to a few injuries and lost time due to the additions of Porter and Yelle at the deadline.

Not that I believe that Koci had a huge effect, but I also recall the Avs continuing the "Parker Effect" like win % with Koci in vs out of the lineup as well.

As for Budaj, hopefully Sacco's use of Anderson will lessen some at least early in the season knowing that there is not a 2 week vacation coming up this year.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Nice to see boods back, he is a very good back up. Hopefully Anderson plays only 60 games Budaj can handle 20 games, Sacco just has to realize that. As for Koci I hope he doesn't play a single game.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

both signings are fine, complaining about a one-year 1.25 contract is nitpicking. Personally would have opted for Weiman...if he cant land a backup gig somewhere he's prob better off persisting with the Monsters..

boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 11:07 PM
jaisen73

Every team seems to feel the need to have a goon. Koci is not a difference maker for good or bad so I don't mind the signing. If it wasn't him it would be some other useless pug.

Budaj is a great team guy and he's not going to negatively upset their salary cap situation or the locker room. They got as far as they did this past season in part because by many accounts they were a tight unit and locker room with guys who genuinely like each other. I'm sure Budaj was a nice part of that. I would like to see him get more starts as he could prove to be a very reliable backup. 20-25 games for Budaj seems about right.

jaisen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 11:23 PM
CapnCrunch

I like the Budaj signing, very solid & dependable backup, I'm hoping to see him start around 20 games this coming season.

I'm indifferent about Koci. He's not a good enforcer, but it's not like signing him creates a cap situation, either. I'm hoping he sees limited games next season.

CapnCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2010, 11:31 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
WOOT, Koci is back haters, hope he plays with reckless abandon next year, because he has absolutely no respect to lose from half the Avs fan base who [unfairly] hate his guts. I had a feeling the needle was in the coffin when he was included in this http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=529117

Not to mention Koci comes cheap [$575,000] and has a very good attitude.
3-5-1. that's his fight record last year. i don't hate his guts either, but he's the worst enforcer to don an Avs uni, ever.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote