Trade for Jason Spezza?

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Sabreality

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I don't think Ottawa could pry away any of our top 5 defensive players, assuming kubina is resigned here. it doesn't really matter if Ottawa is SEEN as a rebuilding team, the fact of the matter is they need to dump some salary, and Atlanta can give a good return for Spezza.

I think we'd be looking at this....
To Ottawa
Bryan Little
Todd White
Atlanta 1st (24th Overall from NJD)

to Atlanta
Jason Spezza
Ottawa 3rd Round
i like this, but think we'd have to include a prospect to get that 3rd included.

take out the 3rd and i'd still do it.

Old
06-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Little and the 8th.

Old
06-04-2010, 12:34 PM
SNAPshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I don't think Ottawa could pry away any of our top 5 defensive players, assuming kubina is resigned here. it doesn't really matter if Ottawa is SEEN as a rebuilding team, the fact of the matter is they need to dump some salary, and Atlanta can give a good return for Spezza.

I think we'd be looking at this....
To Ottawa
Bryan Little
Todd White
Atlanta 1st (24th Overall from NJD)

to Atlanta
Jason Spezza
Ottawa 3rd Round
I'm not sure about the cap hits, but that's the type of deal we'd be looking for. It's not perfect and opinions are opinions, but Spezza a PPG play making center that could use a fresh start.

The main issue has been his defensive game, which has improved and although he's been seen as immature at times, he's got leadership skills, some of us had him as our next captain. Fans here in Ottawa are impatient and are harsh on their star players, he will hit 100-points sometime soon.

This deal probably seems like overpayment, but you would probably win this deal.

Old
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I wouldn't do that deal unless we are guaranteed to get Nino because that would mean we wouldn't go for Johansen.

Would Spezza be willing to take 2nd line time? I don't care if he is better than Antropov. This is Antropovs team and he is our guy no matter who we get. If no then no to Spezza.

I'll draft Johansen and watch him develop into a future star.

Old
06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
GaVaHokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
I wouldn't do that deal unless we are guaranteed to get Nino because that would mean we wouldn't go for Johansen.

Would Spezza be willing to take 2nd line time? I don't care if he is better than Antropov. This is Antropovs team and he is our guy no matter who we get. If no then no to Spezza.

I'll draft Johansen and watch him develop into a future star.
Or, we get a Head Coach who moves Antropov back to RW where he belongs... the top line becomes Kane/Spezza/Antropov.

Old
06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

You do realize Antropov had a career year last year? And missed games and played injured? I wouldn't be for moving him to rw.

I wouldn't like the line you mentioned either.

Bergfors- Antropov- Little/Afinogenov was too damn good.

Sorry illegal stick Spezza.

Old
06-04-2010, 03:12 PM
neutral zone trap13

Sorry, but I wouldnt do most of these offers. Spezza can break games open and maybe some of your guys can do that too, but I would rather trade him for something else.

Old
06-04-2010, 03:25 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Well I guess that settles it. We keep Little and our picks, you keep Spezza.

Call me crazy but I'm leaning towards keeping Todd White here for the 3rd line. He may regain form from 2 years ago. Then we could trade him at the deadline if anything instead of only getting like a 5th rounder now.

Old
06-04-2010, 05:19 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I really think the last thing we need is a center.
-Jesus Christ, better known as Rich Peverley
-Antropov played center. He was not bad at the position, at all. Career high in assists and points.
-I think Kane played a bit of center in junior?
-Todd White, who kinda stinks, but he was good once upon a time
-Reasoner
-Slater [UFA]

I would much rather be interested in trading a pick if at all for a winger. Versteeg, Byfuglien, Sharp, all are available most likely because of Chicago's cap hell. I'd prefer Versteeg or Byfuglien rather than Sharp who is very close to the wrong side of 30. When the rest of our nucleus comes around Sharp will be 30+ on an already 3.9m cap hit while being UFA in what, 3 years from now? Right when Bogosian, Kane, Little, Klingberg and such will be supposed to be hitting their prime?

They can all be had relatively cheaper than possibly mortgaging the future. The 24th round pick makes sense to be traded, a top 10 ovr pick and some other guys for a single player in a position we're already loaded in not so much.

tl;dr: **** that noise about trading for spezza, try getting a winger.

Old
06-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
I wouldn't use our 8th. We will get Johansen who will be a great center for us.
Wait... do you really not see the flaw in your logic?

Old
06-04-2010, 06:59 PM
neutral zone trap13

But at least you guys have better offers than the Oilers fans. You didnt offer something like White+Slater+conditional 6th rounder

Old
06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral zone trap13 View Post
But at least you guys have better offers than the Oilers fans. You didnt offer something like White+Slater+conditional 6th rounder
i think you mean the RIGHTS to Slater. we cant afford the massive raise he will get.

Old
06-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Shameus

Top 6 wing is this team's biggest fwd need right now. The team has enough depth at C that this trade, or any trade for a center, really doesn't make a lot of sense.

As far as Antro goes, I say keep him at center. His only area of weakness is faceoffs and if Little is one of his wings he can take face offs for the line. Why move Antro to the wing? How does that improve the forward combos?

Old
06-04-2010, 07:58 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral zone trap13 View Post
Funny thing is we're generally considered to be ignorant southern hockey fans, but our trade proposals generally aren't too bad.

Besides, we can't afford to give up Slater! We'll give you Bergfors and Peverley though....

Old
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
KevFist
is best pony

How many games into the season were we when Antro actually scored his first goal? It was 20 something right?

Old
06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
anatsu
twitter: @finanatsu

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing O' Dell go but hell no Morin is not going anywhere.
Do you think then that Morin will be better than Spezza?

IMO we don't need him at all. I just made proposal, which I would accept if Dudley's gonna get him.

Old
06-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Sabreality

i just dont see why this fanbase thinks we're all set at C..what if god forbid Antro gets hurt, or even regresses, Peverley is a #1 C? i know he's beloved around here, but he's a tweener 2c/3c and its not like we have someone to legitimately step in if issues arise...nobody in the A, counting on Little to slide over? Cormier?, Reasoner? a good 3c option, but preferrable 4c in reality..slater? c'mon.

Old
06-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

I have no problem Dudley trading top picks/prospects for Spezza but only if he follows up and gets Spezza a sniper. Either lure back Kovy or sign Marleau

Old
06-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Shameus

Pevs and Antro are both better in the middle than on the wing. Why play them out of position for depth that we have. Now all things equal I don't want little or slater or white or reasoner playing first line minutes. But honestly if Antro gets hurt this team is in a lot more trouble than we hope to be in this season. But having Little, O'Dell, Cormier, etc is the depth the team already has there, plus white (heaven forbid he has to play top six minutes). I just can not see the justification to add that much salary in a position where the organization has depth. Winger is a need, center (especially at that price) isn't right now.

Old
06-05-2010, 11:14 AM
neutral zone trap13

Yeah you guys at least give us close value (IMO). Leaf fans and Oiler fans way overrate their players.

Old
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
The Sneak

The irony is that Little would benefit the most from a player like Spezza and he's included in many of these proposals.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:13 PM
neutral zone trap13

I thought that Little was a center?

Old
06-05-2010, 12:37 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatsu View Post
Do you think then that Morin will be better than Spezza?

IMO we don't need him at all. I just made proposal, which I would accept if Dudley's gonna get him.
we don't know. I'll take my chances with him because I love what I see from him.

I'm not buying this "operation blow the whole team up for Spezza"

Any smart gm wouldn't buy it either unless you actually have players to move to get him. Chi could probably land Spezza by giving up Sharp, Versteeg, and Byfuglien. We can't do something like that. We need our future core not blow it up.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
we don't know. I'll take my chances with him because I love what I see from him.

I'm not buying this "operation blow the whole team up for Spezza"

Any smart gm wouldn't buy it either unless you actually have players to move to get him. Chi could probably land Spezza by giving up Sharp, Versteeg, and Byfuglien. We can't do something like that. We need our future core not blow it up.
who's talking about BLOWING IT UP!?

good god man. we HAVE NO elite players in our top 6 right now...i'm talking ELITE, we have some pieces that could reasonably get Spezza, which have been explained and the reasonings behind it...NONE of which = BLOWING IT UP

Old
06-05-2010, 12:42 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Getting rid of Little, 8th overall, 24th overall, Morin, Klingberg, Vish, and another 1st rounder is blowing it up. Cause that's what it would take to get Spezza.

I'm not going to sit here and wait for another 10 years to get this amazing core of prospects that we have now all because we got ***** in a trade for mister softee illegal stick spezza.

To be honest, I'd rather get ***** in a trade for Vanek. At least he scores goals and uses the proper stick blade.

Closed Thread