HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Stanley Cup Finals - Game 4: Blackhawks @ Flyers - June 4, 2010 - 8:00 P.M. (ET)

Old
06-04-2010, 10:58 AM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
BTW does anyone have the video they showed before Game 3? Just curious.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Nothin' like a Twins' regular season game compared to an NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Another overly-sensitive scribe in desperation mode.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...1249382.column

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:16 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Nothin' like a Twins' regular season game compared to an NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Another overly-sensitive scribe in desperation mode.

God I love it so much. Lord forbid we show passion as opposed to the Funeral on Madison.

Old
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:

How nice that tickets fell into his lap. Wouldn't we all love that to happen? I trust that the next time he's offered free tickets for a SCF game, he'll politely turn them down.

I'll be interested to hear what happens in Chicago - I know a couple of Flyers fans from here who are heading to game 5. I'm quite confident they'll be welcomed with open arms, handed the keys to the city, and treated with the utmost respect as fans of the opposing team. Yeah.... right.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:23 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
How nice that tickets fell into his lap. Wouldn't we all love that to happen? I trust that the next time he's offered free tickets for a SCF game, he'll politely turn them down.

I'll be interested to hear what happens in Chicago - I know a couple of Flyers fans from here who are heading to game 5. I'm quite confident they'll be welcomed with open arms, handed the keys to the city, and treated with the utmost respect as fans of the opposing team. Yeah.... right.
Main problems I have with this type of article.

1) He mentions about 2 isolated incidents in a crowd of 20,000 plus and uses that to categorize an entire fanbase.

2) If you don't want trouble, don't wear your jersey. Are you less of a fan for not wanting to get heckled once or twice? No. Either wear your jersey and be polite (I guarantee you the guy who got yanked down was probably blocking the view of people behind him) or just don't wear it.

But don't wear it, act like a *********, and then get all upset when you run into trouble.

Old
06-04-2010, 11:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
RT @eduhatschek: Quennville calls Andrew Ladd a "game-time" decision. Flyers might insert Andreas Nodl for Daniel Carcillo instead of Van Riemsdyk

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post

Translation for future columns based on past columns: Oh, as I sit in the lobby of my four-star hotel awaiting my Earl Grey Tea, I notice an ignominious spectacle otherwise described as a Flyers' fan. They are brutish and reek. The men are vile cretins and the women are beastly. Oh, my sensitivities are overflowing having to deal with such currish flavor. Oh, the horror of having to share my existence in this house of ill-repute known locally as the Wach (did you know it was once called the F.U.? How appropriate for these miscreants) with the scourge of our society. As I peruse the locals, I notice the "orangutans" (see: Montreal Gazette, May 2010) in orange juxtaposed against my blue-blood and superior upbringing. Thankfully, I somehow escaped this without a physical scratch, but the memory lingers interminably as I contact a grief couselor to assist me with this travesty.

Old
06-04-2010, 11:31 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
RT @eduhatschek: Quennville calls Andrew Ladd a "game-time" decision. Flyers might insert Andreas Nodl for Daniel Carcillo instead of Van Riemsdyk
That is just cruel.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Maybe or an attempt at not showing your cards as often happens this time of year.

Old
06-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Translation for future columns based on past columns: Oh, as I sit in the lobby of my four-star hotel awaiting my Earl Grey Tea, I notice an ignominious spectacle otherwise described as a Flyers' fan. They are brutish and reek. The men are vile cretins and the women are beastly. Oh, my sensitivities are overflowing having to deal with such currish flavor. Oh, the horror of having to share my existence in this house of ill-repute known locally as the Wach (did you know it was once called the F.U.? How appropriate for these miscreants) with the scourge of our society. As I peruse the locals, I notice the "orangutans" (see: Montreal Gazette, May 2010) in orange juxtaposed against my blue-blood and superior upbringing. Thankfully, I somehow escaped this without a physical scratch, but the memory lingers interminably as I contact a grief couselor to assist me with this travesty.
Perfectly executed!

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:35 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
" You want to be big time, then you are going to ****ing die, BIG TIME "
GO FLYERS !!!!!!!!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
BringBackStevens

That is humerous considering that Chicago has had a lot of ugly incidents recently. See Victorino getting hit with a beer and white sox fans beating up th at coach. Those were way worse than anything we've seen in Philly recently.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Main problems I have with this type of article.

1) He mentions about 2 isolated incidents in a crowd of 20,000 plus and uses that to categorize an entire fanbase.

2) If you don't want trouble, don't wear your jersey. Are you less of a fan for not wanting to get heckled once or twice? No. Either wear your jersey and be polite (I guarantee you the guy who got yanked down was probably blocking the view of people behind him) or just don't wear it.

But don't wear it, act like a *********, and then get all upset when you run into trouble.
If you're an opposing fan going into another team's building, you should know what you're getting yourself into.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:44 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

As if Fartsmell will make the Flyers fans forget a horrible regular season.

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:
Friday, June 4, 2010
Posted: 11:43 a.m.

By Tim Panaccio and Sarah Baicker
CSNPhilly.com

James van Riemsdyk is expected to rejoin the Flyers’ lineup when the team takes the ice for Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final Friday night.

Van Riemsdyk was scratched for Game 2 in favor of Dan Carcillo.

Neither he nor coach Peter Laviolette would confirm the lineup change, but van Riemsdyk said it would mean a lot to be able to take the ice in front of his home crowd.

“It’d be a great thrill for me,” van Riemsdyk said. “It’s a pretty great atmosphere in there, and it would be a lot of fun. If you get the chance to go in there, you’ve got to make the most of it. It’s going to be an exciting game.”

During Friday’s morning skate, the rookie left wing skated with Darroll Powe, but said the team wasn’t focusing on lines during drills.

(more coming...)
http://www.csnphilly.com/06/04/10/Fl...097&feedID=704

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:49 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Wow.

I must admit though, Nodl played well when he filled in. He was playing really physical.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:49 AM
sectachrome

Quote:

The best part is when he tries to say Flyers fans chanting a**hole is much more crass then Hawks fans chanting bullsh*t.

sectachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Wow.

I must admit though, Nodl played well when he filled in. He was playing really physical.
this, I hope he has a good training camp and makes the team next year

Old
06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:

My biggest problem is he said he took the tickets to see if we lived up the to stereotypes to which he'd become accustomed. If you're looking for trouble, you'll find it.

****ing dumbass. Sports has to be the biggest hack position in writing.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 12:02 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Tonight. We win.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 12:07 PM
CptCannon

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 12:07 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Being tied 2-2 in a series is better than trailing 1-3.

Old
06-04-2010, 12:14 PM
healthyscratch

610 just reported JvR is filling in for someone "with recurring injury". Details are sketchy and that's all the info they have so far and are working on getting more.....

PS- PLEASE don't let the Nodl rumor be true

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 12:14 PM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
Let's go Flyers. Head to back Chi town all tied up. It would be a great early b-day present if you would win that big silver trophy.

BWAVgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2010, 12:17 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
610 just reported JvR is filling in for someone "with recurring injury". Details are sketchy and that's all the info they have so far and are working on getting more.....

PS- PLEASE don't let the Nodl rumor be true
Betts? Carter?

Who has a reoccuring injury?

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote